Author Topic: Laura Lee!!  (Read 6475 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Laura Lee!!
« on: November 12, 2008, 12:45:13 PM »
Could we get an update please :)
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Laura Lee!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:59:29 PM »
 ;D
[/youtube]

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:01:43 PM »
Are you saying she's doing a show!

BTW Mike, you should find out who that scary stalker voice in the video belongs to :o

;D
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »
Are you saying she's doing a show!

BTW Mike, you should find out who that scary stalker voice in the video belongs to :o

;D

we are crossing our fingers but the answer is yes!!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 01:25:35 PM »
I am working towards one.  :)  I have a lot of work to do seeing I've been out 9+ months.  But I'm gonna try.  :D
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 07:25:58 AM »
What about what happened after the radiation treatment?  Were you tested again?  Clear??
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 08:47:31 AM »
What about what happened after the radiation treatment?  Were you tested again?  Clear??
No, still have some cells lingering in the neck.  :-\  I will be having another treatment in about 8 months.  Won't be as intense as this last one.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 06:45:16 AM »
No, still have some cells lingering in the neck.  :-\  I will be having another treatment in about 8 months.  Won't be as intense as this last one.
:(  If your next one isn't for 8 mo. it doesn't seem like they are overly worried about it?  Are you feeling like your old self? :)

Do you know if your next treatment will be pill form again?  My uncle is supposed to have radiation for 5 weeks in a row, 5 days a week.  But he will go in for treatment each day and then leaves and he can be around people.  Not sure how it's administered.

Do you have any suggestions for something I can make him or get him to make him more comfortable/less miserable?

R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »
 :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 09:33:56 AM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 11:01:38 AM »

HAHAHhahhahahhah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »
Could we get an update please :)
Well a depressing update this week.  The radiation and medication has taken a toll.  I lost a whole lotta hair this weekend.  While shampooing my hair in the shower it fused together (like it melted) and even with a bottle of condition poured into it I came out of the shower with one huge dreadlock.  It took about 45 minutes to get it out and I lost a ton of hair.  It's not terribly noticable when my hair is down and teased a bit, but when I put it in a braid or pony tail it's about a 1/4 of what it used to be.  I spent a good amount of the day crying about it.  I know it's only hair...but it was pretty devistating to see.   :'(

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 03:54:31 PM »
Well a depressing update this week.  The radiation and medication has taken a toll.  I lost a whole lotta hair this weekend.  While shampooing my hair in the shower it fused together (like it melted) and even with a bottle of condition poured into it I came out of the shower with one huge dreadlock.  It took about 45 minutes to get it out and I lost a ton of hair.  It's not terribly noticable when my hair is down and teased a bit, but when I put it in a braid or pony tail it's about a 1/4 of what it used to be.  I spent a good amount of the day crying about it.  I know it's only hair...but it was pretty devistating to see.   :'(

I am so sorry Laura, but you always look beautiful. This is only temporary and you will be back on stage with everyone rooting for you. It's all part of the healing process. Remember your a fantastic person, hang in there, you're really strong.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 05:45:19 PM »
That sucks, how long do these side effects continue?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 06:06:14 AM »
I'm sorry dweetir :(

How are you feeling today?

I love you.

WHAT CANCER CANNOT DO
Cancer is so limited...                                               

It cannot cripple love, it cannot shatter hope,                                                         

It cannot corrode faith, it cannot destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendship, it cannot suppress memories,
It cannot silence courage, it cannot invade the soul,
It cannot steal eternal life,
It cannot conquer the spirit.

Author Unknown

R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 06:39:54 AM »
Thank you Jedi, chaos and Stella.

It hasn't deterred me from getting ready for a show (working on a March show, but may not be ready in time and have to do the June one).

I'm not sure how long I will have side effects because I'm still on a lot of medications, and will be for life.  :(

Stella, I love that quote!  Thank you. 

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 08:35:35 AM »
Thank you Jedi, chaos and Stella.

It hasn't deterred me from getting ready for a show (working on a March show, but may not be ready in time and have to do the June one).

I'm not sure how long I will have side effects because I'm still on a lot of medications, and will be for life.  :(

Stella, I love that quote!  Thank you. 

Just catching up....soooo sorry Laura... but the hair WILL grow back.  Maybe now is a good time to test out a few different hair styles and colors with some wigs!  My friend lost all of her hair from radiation, and she had a sweet pink bob and a purple curly-do that she wore out alot for fun.   :D
Hers grew back, you cannot even tell that she ever lost it.

I can't believe you are getting ready for a show...props to you all the way.  PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help you...and you can always ALWAYS pm or text me if you need to vent, unload, or if you have any questions.

Love you dweetir!!   :-*

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 08:53:12 AM »

Just catching up....soooo sorry Laura... but the hair WILL grow back.  Maybe now is a good time to test out a few different hair styles and colors with some wigs!  My friend lost all of her hair from radiation, and she had a sweet pink bob and a purple curly-do that she wore out alot for fun.   :D
Hers grew back, you cannot even tell that she ever lost it.

I can't believe you are getting ready for a show...props to you all the way.  PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help you...and you can always ALWAYS pm or text me if you need to vent, unload, or if you have any questions.

Love you dweetir!!   :-*

Awww thanks Lori.  I know it will grow back.  Just sucks seeing it like this.  Each time I brush it I have to empty the brush out.  Each time I run my fingers through it, there is like 10-15 hairs in my hand.  My friends are always picking hairs off my shirt.   :-\

Getting ready for a show just keeps me focused on other things. Plus it helps control the weight.  All the meds I was on and still are on really puffed me up, lol.  My face seriously looked like this --->  :-X

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 08:57:21 AM »
My face seriously looked like this --->  :-X

If it makes you feel any better, mine does too right now.  :-[

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »

If it makes you feel any better, mine does too right now.  :-[

:-*

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 11:08:20 AM »
              It's a good thing im in love with a Fighter!

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 11:45:17 AM »
Off the charts courage displayed by you prepping for a show. Prayers and kudos to you. That is very impressive. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »
              It's a good thing im in love with a Fighter!

:-* I love you too baby-kins!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 12:15:16 PM »
Off the charts courage displayed by you prepping for a show. Prayers and kudos to you. That is very impressive. 
Thanks Top Dog.  :)  Doesn't do any good if you just sit and feel sorry for yourself, right?  ;)