Author Topic: Does FLEX magazine support the new Mr. O or not?  (Read 4398 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Does FLEX magazine support the new Mr. O or not?
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 12:36:22 PM »
I was quite impressed with how MuscleMag didn't have the new Mr Olympia on the cover, and didn't have any mention of the show (I'm guessing it'll be in the Jan issue) but the headline of the very first Muscletech advert was "How Dexter Jackson became Mr Olympia!"

That's quality reporting that is, not noticing that your advertisers are announcing the new Mr Olympia.   ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 09:24:03 PM »
I think that Planet Muscle is still on the way up and doesn't make much money yet.  Doubt that they can afford to send a reporter to the events.  They may also figure, every other magazine covers the events, so what extra can we add? 

I am pretty sure that the majority of the pictures in the mag are from stock photo companies.  I doubt that they spend much on specific photo shoots for the mag or if they do, use freelance photographers.
I agree with you...I do like PLANET MUSCLE but they just seem to be in another world..as if they don't care about being current...and I wish Jeff would have a special issue devoted to Cory Everson and talk about what it was like banging her every night...that would be an instant collectors edition for sure!!

As for FLEX trying to appeal to people who don't usually follow BB, forget it!...Bodybuilding will always be a cult sport...because the average person doesn't understand BB and in reality are jealous, fat, and lazy...and they will not follow a sport that reminds them of this fact...Also, I dispute that more people will buy the mags if Brock Lesnar is on the cover...I NEVER EVER buy a bodybuilding mag if there is a non-bodybuilder on the cover...it really is a turn-off to regular fans to see a big fat guy on the cover and it really hurts the magazine's credibility...the fact is that most joe schmoes do not want to be anywhere near a gym...and will not follow BB under any circumstances...The WWF learned that when they tried to crreate the old WBF in the early 90's

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »
was Dex on any covers yet, seems like he is invisible so far...I dont think he has an image or personality that is going to sell a lot of magazines...I may be wrong, dont know much about him.

Is Planet Muscle that rag that you get for free all wrinkled up by the bicylcles?,  the one with the graphics straight out of a computer from the 90's.?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 10:04:07 PM »
If you are a soccer mom grabbing something for your idiot Tapout kid to wear, you're not going to grab a mag with a bodybuilder on the cover.   But you might grab a mag with fighters on the cover.

The normal FLEX readership who would buy it with Dex on the cover... they're going to buy it anyway, with Lesnar/Couture on the cover.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 01:07:56 AM »
First off....not a sport. Anyone with a clue would tell you that. Comp. bbing is about as "sport" as darts.

Darts is much more of a sport.   ;D

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 03:25:33 AM »
If you are a soccer mom grabbing something for your idiot Tapout kid to wear, you're not going to grab a mag with a bodybuilder on the cover.   But you might grab a mag with fighters on the cover.

The normal FLEX readership who would buy it with Dex on the cover... they're going to buy it anyway, with Lesnar/Couture on the cover.

Who's watching Couture vs. Lesnar? Should be good, I hope Couture absolutely wipes the floor with him.

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 03:30:21 AM »
Who the fuck BUYS Flex or M&F?  ???
Why are you paying to read advertisments in these magazine?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 03:33:07 AM »
I think covers with white guys on them sell better.  Sad but true. 

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 03:38:03 AM »
Who the fuck BUYS Flex or M&F?  ???

Me...  :-[

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »

I disagree with you 240...you are right when you say that soccer moms and others who don't usually follow BB will buy the mag with Brock on the cover, but a good percentage of the hardcore fans will skip the issue..which means sales won't go up any way..also, those soccer moms don't buy supplements and will not pay attention to all those stupid Muscle-Tech ads which means diminishing returns for the supp companies... it's the hard core dickhead fans like us who pay attention to those ads (even though we try to pretend that we don't)