Author Topic: What' Most Important?  (Read 491 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
What' Most Important?
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »
Most would agree that here in the U.S. the economy is the number one issue right now that needs the most attention. What about the other issues?

Besides the economy, what is the most important issue to you and why? For you Obama supporters, I want to hear what it is about him that fits this issue you choose in your eyes. Non Obama supporters as well, speak up

*Defense
*Social issues, i.e. marriage, abortion, etc.
*International relations
*Moral conviction unrelated to social issues
*Civil rights and liberties, equality
*Education
*Health care
*Environment
*Energy
*Tax reform
*Corporate regulation
*International aid

Pick one from the list and tell me why. If I left one out that is of the most importance to you speak up...I'm sure I left some out but this is what came to mind.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: What' Most Important?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:27 PM »
*Anything but a Republican
w

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:46:26 PM »
*Anything but a Republican

I posted this in another thread:

Think what you will but since 1953 when Eisenhower took office, the republican party has been in control 38 of those years. That is by far the majority of the time. It's hard to argue against the fact the most of America's power and wealth has been built during the past 50+ years, 50+ years that the republican party has run the majority.

Now enter people saying, "but look where we are now." IMO that's a ridiculous statement. We've always had ups and downs, doesn't matter which party is leading. That's the nature of any economy.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:42:41 AM »
I posted this in another thread:

Think what you will but since 1953 when Eisenhower took office, the republican party has been in control 38 of those years. That is by far the majority of the time. It's hard to argue against the fact the most of America's power and wealth has been built during the past 50+ years, 50+ years that the republican party has run the majority.

Now enter people saying, "but look where we are now." IMO that's a ridiculous statement. We've always had ups and downs, doesn't matter which party is leading. That's the nature of any economy.

I simply included it because I thought it factored in this recent election, especially given the state of todays Republican party.

I think your comments are irrelevant because if you look at Eisenhower, you'd see a Republican who was further to the left than Clinton. Traditional Republican values don't mean anything anymore, ...not with this current crop at it's helm. Besides... todays voters, vote for issues, and not for parties. Partisanship is over. It's now time for Americans to roll up their sleeves, and work together in a spirit of co-operation in order to strengthen the country, the economy, and to ensure "The American Dream" is within the grasp of all those who seek it. 
w