Author Topic: Trojan in one of the threads, watch out!  (Read 8498 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Trojan in one of the threads, watch out!
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:54 AM »
I would normally post this in the complaints board but I wanted to have a mod's attention on this thread:

"The homepage of Pacos Gym"

It looks like there is a virus or trojan "TR/Spy.Banker.vk.1 - Trojan" on the 4th page.
My guess is that it comes from the webpage where the bull pic is taken from. I would not recommend opening that thread right now.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Trojan in one of the threads, watch out!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:33:47 AM »
 >:(
HAHA, RON.....

Complex Carbs

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 01:35:46 AM »
I would normally post this in the complaints board but I wanted to have a mod's attention on this thread:

"The homepage of Pacos Gym"

It looks like there is a virus or trojan "TR/Spy.Banker.vk.1 - Trojan" on the 4th page.
My guess is that it comes from the webpage where the bull pic is taken from. I would not recommend opening that thread right now.

Did you get savagely owned on the 4th page?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 01:38:44 AM »
Did you get savagely owned on the 4th page?

;D

It's not a joke, if you have a good virus scanner, you can try. Could be a false alarm of course. The pic of the bull does look suspicious however. If you open that link in another browser window, an error occurs.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 02:08:56 AM »
cool wave--thanks for the heads up

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 02:21:52 AM »
Thats not hector, prince of troy >:(

175lbs by 31st July

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 02:41:06 AM »
I say the fucker who posted this link should get put in Time Out.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:51:56 AM »
I say the fucker who posted this link should get put in Time Out.

I'm pretty sure the poster had no bad intentions. Maybe the website where the pic is from was hacked. Or maybe it's something completely different.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 04:47:23 AM »
wavelength again spreading false rumours, first it was the google analytics now "virus".

There is no virus in that webpage, the only problem is wavelength having a mental problem.

Check the source, theres nothing embedded you mongol

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 07:09:48 AM »
wavelength again spreading false rumours, first it was the google analytics now "virus".

There is no virus in that webpage, the only problem is wavelength having a mental problem.

Check the source, theres nothing embedded you mongol

Huh? Ron removed the google analytics entry after I made him aware of it, and you even helped him. I don't understand what's the problem with that, Ron appreciated the heads up, he wasn't even aware of it before. In the mentioned thread, I agreed with you that if he would have put it in there intentionally, it would be 100% OK. I do think however, that in this case, people should at least be made aware of it. That's what Ron had to say on the topic:

Removed that script from the boards. I wasnt aware of it.  But if there is anything else like that, please tell me. Thanks.

Actually, I am irked on that, because it was probably left over from a cut and paste on updating one of the types of themes here. You can change the theme, and there are a few others here too, although we rarely use them. And I appreciate all who actually want to help!

Secondly, how am I spreading a false rumor if I'm just stating what my virus scanner tells me? I tested it on two different PCs and on both PCs, the virus scanner pops up as soon as I go to that particular page of the thread. I did not accuse anyone of anything, could be just false alarm. I also could not find anything in the source code of the page, if I had, I would have said so.

If a mod is interested in the details my virus scanner shows, I can deliver. If not, that's fine with me too. As soon as I'm at home, I will check again and see if I can get to the root of it. No need to get aggressive, I'm just trying to help.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »
Thread deleted.
As empty as paradise

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 07:21:56 AM »
Thread deleted.

:'(
That was a good thread.

Wave, good catch.  My McAfee snagged something recently too.  That must have been it.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 07:28:17 AM »
:'(
That was a good thread.

Wave, good catch.  My McAfee snagged something recently too.  That must have been it.

I just re-checked. It was indeed the pic of the bull that contained the trojan. There was a time when trojans or viruses used errors in some jpg viewers to install themselves on the target machine via faulty jpgs. Opening up the jpg with the wrong viewer is enough to catch the virus. I doubt that it is harmful with todays viewers, but better save than sorry.

Sorry that the thread had to go. And I hope benz didn't catch it, cheese. If you still think I'm spreading false rumors, I will gladly send you the picture in question for your own investigation.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 01:20:38 PM »
Huh? Ron removed the google analytics entry after I made him aware of it, and you even helped him. I don't understand what's the problem with that, Ron appreciated the heads up, he wasn't even aware of it before. In the mentioned thread, I agreed with you that if he would have put it in there intentionally, it would be 100% OK. I do think however, that in this case, people should at least be made aware of it. That's what Ron had to say on the topic:

I want to be made aware of any malware, virus or something that affects the computer system. '

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 01:45:30 PM »
I just found out there's plenty of viruses in the Hulkster truce-thread

Might be a good idea to delete it, just to be safe
Z

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »
I just found out there's plenty of viruses in the Hulkster truce-thread

Might be a good idea to delete it, just to be safe

Yes, you're right. Ron that thread is packed with trojans, please delete post haste.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 07:52:58 PM »
I just re-checked. It was indeed the pic of the bull that contained the trojan. There was a time when trojans or viruses used errors in some jpg viewers to install themselves on the target machine via faulty jpgs. Opening up the jpg with the wrong viewer is enough to catch the virus. I doubt that it is harmful with todays viewers, but better save than sorry.

Sorry that the thread had to go. And I hope benz didn't catch it, cheese. If you still think I'm spreading false rumors, I will gladly send you the picture in question for your own investigation.

please send me the picture and show me the trojan, if its not there you will ask ron to delete your account, if its there ill ask ron to del my account, deal?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 06:30:50 AM »
please send me the picture and show me the trojan, if its not there you will ask ron to delete your account, if its there ill ask ron to del my account, deal?

If I send you a picture which contains a trojan, how will we determine if it was contained in a thread that has been deleted already? It's convenient of you to ask for the picture 5 days after my last post. I have deleted it now of course.

Could you tell me one reason why I should have lied? I didn't lie about the google analytics script, did I?

I wouldn't have deleted the whole thread, just that one post, but I guess, mods wanted to be safe. I really don't understand what your problem is with me. Question: if your virus scanner pops up when you open a certain thread, what would you do?

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 06:36:04 AM »
If I send you a picture which contains a trojan, how will we determine if it was contained in a thread that has been deleted already? It's convenient of you to ask for the picture 5 days after my last post. I have deleted it now of course.

Could you tell me one reason why I should have lied? I didn't lie about the google analytics script, did I?

I wouldn't have deleted the whole thread, just that one post, but I guess, mods wanted to be safe. I really don't understand what your problem is with me. Question: if your virus scanner pops up when you open a certain thread, what would you do?

Ok i think i played a bit rude towards you, and you are right, no need to lie, so im gonna explain it for you.

Google analytics info isnt harmful at all, but ok, the script was there, since a long time, just like a malware removed by ron a few weeks ago, that nobody noticed, not even your antivirus, but i did  ;)

As for that picture, did you check the source? it was from some wiki site, and there was no virus in it, i think your antivirus is acting "weird". Which one are you using right now?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 06:48:06 AM »
Ok i think i played a bit rude towards you, and you are right, no need to lie, so im gonna explain it for you.

Google analytics info isnt harmful at all, but ok, the script was there, since a long time, just like a malware removed by ron a few weeks ago, that nobody noticed, not even your antivirus, but i did  ;)

As for that picture, did you check the source? it was from some wiki site, and there was no virus in it, i think your antivirus is acting "weird". Which one are you using right now?

Regarding google analytics, I never said it was harmful. I never accused Ron of anything. I just wanted to make people aware.

Regarding the picture of the bull, I made a little research and found the site. All you have to do is search in google images for "bull" and find the picture below. It comes up with a notification that the website has been taken down because of distribution of trojans. It's in German but you will sure be able to find it yourself. By the time I got my warning, the site was already taken down, that's why you couldn't reach it anymore by typing in the link directly. However, the pic was still in a proxy and thus kept loading in my browser and activating my virus scanner.

I think it's time for you to delete your account.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 06:53:30 AM »
Ron, could you please delete benz's acount, he wants it deleted. Additionally, he is obviously a threat to getbig because he ridicules users who want to inform you of trojans on your board. Thankyou.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 06:58:33 AM »
im deleting my account but i have a problem waveidiot

i just went to that url, checked the source of the html, also the jpg and....its all clean, no hidden code, no embedded code, no nothing, i think you have a mental problem and thats why your nazi antivirus is pissing you off.

So, how do we solve this? i can prove my points by showing the source, even hexed source of the jpg, do you have any other way to prove yours beyond your stupid and useless antivirus?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 07:05:07 AM »
im deleting my account but i have a problem waveidiot

i just went to that url, checked the source of the html, also the jpg and....its all clean, no hidden code, no embedded code, no nothing, i think you have a mental problem and thats why your nazi antivirus is pissing you off.

So, how do we solve this? i can prove my points by showing the source, even hexed source of the jpg, do you have any other way to prove yours beyond your stupid and useless antivirus?

Calm down, I was only kidding. ;)

How can you check the jpg that was on that site when it's taken down? Can you give me a working URL to the jpg you claim you have investigated? If there still is such an url, I will check again. My virus scanner is Avira BTW.

My apologies, I was just busting your balls a little, I think I had the right to do so.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 07:08:14 AM »
Calm down, I was only kidding. ;)

How can you check the jpg that was on that site when it's taken down? Can you give me a working URL to the jpg you claim you have investigated? If there still is such an url, I will check again. My virus scanner is Avira BTW.

My apologies, I was just busting your balls a little, I think I had the right to do so.

taken down? its just there along with the html and both are in my hdd, loaded and i see no virus breaking my balls.

I think you need to be a man and prove me wrong , else start apologizing and replace your useless antivirus, because if it didnt warn you about the malware embedded here a few weeks ago, then im sure it wont warn you when its really needed.

Thank you for fucking up a thread here without researching first.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 07:32:08 AM »
taken down? its just there along with the html and both are in my hdd, loaded and i see no virus breaking my balls.

I think you need to be a man and prove me wrong , else start apologizing and replace your useless antivirus, because if it didnt warn you about the malware embedded here a few weeks ago, then im sure it wont warn you when its really needed.

Thank you for fucking up a thread here without researching first.

Regarding the malware, I have a scriptblocker installed which automatically rejects all scripts at first. The blocking is only noticable to me if something doesn't work as expected on a particular site, or if I manually check which scripts are blocked at the time (which is how I found out about google analytics).

You are right the site is online again and the pic as it is up right now is not infected anymore, I apologize for that misinformation (I took googles word for it and didn't try myself again). However, obviously the site was infected within the last days, otherwise Google would not come up with such a message (I can provide further details on the message if it doesn't pop up when you are searching for the picture, it explicitly mentions trojans). I can see no error in my behaviour. My antivirus worked as good as the mechanisms they use at google. This was the first and only time ever my virus scanner poped up at getbig. If it happens again, I will report it again. If you disagree, please settle this with Ron, not me.

I appreciate your helping Ron in getting rid of unneeded scripts and malware which is why I didn't understand your agressiveness towards me when I reported the potential trojan. I can assure you that it was not my intention to get the thread deleted, I just wanted to make people aware of a potential threat.