Author Topic: HAHAHAHA.... Busted. Chinese faked their space walk.  (Read 4679 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
HAHAHAHA.... Busted. Chinese faked their space walk.
« on: November 13, 2008, 08:37:20 AM »

Dan-O

• Getbig V
Re: HAHAHAHA.... Busted. Chinese faked their space walk.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »
Hahahaha...  the Chinese gov't must subscribe to that age-old adage:  "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." :D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »
Hhahahah holy shit what an embarrassment.
from incomplete data

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 09:03:12 AM »
That's a pretty convincing youtube vid,  but it is a youtube vid edited by some junior hack. 

I wonder if there is some credible source exposing this.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 09:12:50 AM »
That's a pretty convincing youtube vid,  but it is a youtube vid edited by some junior hack. 

I wonder if there is some credible source exposing this.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 09:16:32 AM »
How did you know i been brushing up on my mandarin? 

You are a genius Hugo   ;D

Seriously though, is that a Taiwan news station report?

Perhaps some credible western report?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:50:45 AM »
How did you know i been brushing up on my mandarin? 

You are a genius Hugo   ;D

Seriously though, is that a Taiwan news station report?

Perhaps some credible western report?
as much as the corporations kiss china butt...  I doubt it.  I'm not trying to convince you though, it's cool if you don't believe it.  It was funny anyway ;D  I think the report I just posted was showing that you couldn't see the flag waiving in the reflection of the mask?

oh, this one might have locked it on... go to 3:40 and you can see the guy trying to hold down the air tubes.  lol...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 09:57:33 AM »
as much as the corporations kiss china butt...  I doubt it.  I'm not trying to convince you though, it's cool if you don't believe it.  It was funny anyway ;D  I think the report I just posted was showing that you couldn't see the flag waiving in the reflection of the mask?

oh, this one might have locked it on... go to 3:40 and you can see the guy trying to hold down the air tubes.  lol...

I'm not saying i don't believe it.

I DO believe it's possible and I DO believe it's something the Chinese would do.  Am i completely convinced 100%?   no.  I'd say 95%   ;D

It just seems so blatant that i would think there would be more credible sources reporting this then some guy with final cut on his mac posting up youtube vids for the enthusiasts.  ( and they don't have to be major media news outlets)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 10:00:36 AM »
I'm not saying i don't believe it.

I DO believe it's possible and I DO believe it's something the Chinese would do.  Am i completely convinced 100%?   no.  I'd say 95%   ;D

It just seems so blatant that i would think there would be more credible sources reporting this then some guy with final cut on his mac posting up youtube vids for the enthusiasts.  ( and they don't have to be major media news outlets)
I just watched a little more of that last video, he nailed it by the craft's speed around the earth.  I don't know why but this has me laughing my ass off lol.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 10:24:45 AM »
OMG this is brutal self owning..... WTF why on earth. Between the myriad olympic scanals like the gymnast age and the singing chick, it just shows that these guys will do anything to make themselves look good. wtf........

They care way too much what others think.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 10:26:43 AM »
From a physicists standpoint:

-Bubbles:
I don't think those are bubbles, I think they are accumulated ice being shed by the craft. Same thing is seen in lots of NASA footage.

-"Stadium" Lights:
Those aren't distant lights, they are the LED light source mounted on the camera that is filming the footage.

-Missing "Stadium" Lights from Different Vantage Point:
The cameras are obscured from each others POV by the equipment protruding from the shuttle body. Even if the primary camera was visible from the second position camera the LEDs would be drowned out by contrast with the intense sunlight (because of the increased distance).

-Waving Flag:
The waving of the flag is perfectly consistent with a flag waving in a vacuum (it does happen, through vibration transfer)... it is not consistent with a flag flapping in air or a liquid (underwater). There is some complicated physics involved (surface friction drag etc), but trust me, there is nothing suspicious about the waving of the flag. Flags behave that way in vacuums and near vacuum conditions... they do not behave that way underwater.

-Position of the Earth:
The position of the Earth relative to the spacecraft DOES remain exactly the same. But it should... consider the distances involved. In order for the positions to change either the Earth or the spacecraft would have to move several thousand miles out of position. Doesn't the full moon "follow" your car when you drive at night? (ie: remain in the same relative position despite the distance you travel tangential to it).

-Fast Moving Clouds:
The skeptical subtitler is forgetting that the Earth rotates at nearly 1,000 miles an hour (at the equator: 25,000 mile circumference turning once every 24 hours). Add to this rotational speed the orbital speed of the spacecraft (it's probably considerably lower and faster than a 36,000 km geostationary orbit; probably traveling very quickly relative to the surface of the Earth).

-Surprisingly Clear Audio
They're probably using knock-off iPhones... they are Chinese after all.

The Luke
PS... end-of-thread!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 10:56:52 AM »
My 5% just grew   ;D

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »
From a physicists standpoint:

-Bubbles:
I don't think those are bubbles, I think they are accumulated ice being shed by the craft. Same thing is seen in lots of NASA footage.

-"Stadium" Lights:
Those aren't distant lights, they are the LED light source mounted on the camera that is filming the footage.

-Missing "Stadium" Lights from Different Vantage Point:
The cameras are obscured from each others POV by the equipment protruding from the shuttle body. Even if the primary camera was visible from the second position camera the LEDs would be drowned out by contrast with the intense sunlight (because of the increased distance).

-Waving Flag:
The waving of the flag is perfectly consistent with a flag waving in a vacuum (it does happen, through vibration transfer)... it is not consistent with a flag flapping in air or a liquid (underwater). There is some complicated physics involved (surface friction drag etc), but trust me, there is nothing suspicious about the waving of the flag. Flags behave that way in vacuums and near vacuum conditions... they do not behave that way underwater.

-Position of the Earth:
The position of the Earth relative to the spacecraft DOES remain exactly the same. But it should... consider the distances involved. In order for the positions to change either the Earth or the spacecraft would have to move several thousand miles out of position. Doesn't the full moon "follow" your car when you drive at night? (ie: remain in the same relative position despite the distance you travel tangential to it).

-Fast Moving Clouds:
The skeptical subtitler is forgetting that the Earth rotates at nearly 1,000 miles an hour (at the equator: 25,000 mile circumference turning once every 24 hours). Add to this rotational speed the orbital speed of the spacecraft (it's probably considerably lower and faster than a 36,000 km geostationary orbit; probably traveling very quickly relative to the surface of the Earth).

-Surprisingly Clear Audio
They're probably using knock-off iPhones... they are Chinese after all.

The Luke
PS... end-of-thread!

I am not an expert in physics by any means,and all of your explanations seem very reasonable, but:

1 would the ice accumulate speed based on oxygen left within it? Why would it travel in the same direction everytime? Do you have a link to similar situations? I am just curious as I really havent paid attention to these types of videos before.

2 the flag waving does seem supsicious, and i am not sure what underwater currents look like during this type of training, but to the laymen this looks strange

3  I understand the positioning aspect of what you are talking about regarding the moon, but your vehicles position in relation to the moon does change and it appears that does not happen in this video. it seems that there would some slight movement in perspective during orbit. again I am just throwing out what makes sense to me.

4 dont get what you mean regarding the phones, but the rest of what you said makes sense.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 11:55:39 AM »
BuffGeek,

I don't want to come across as hostile or insulting here, but your post hints that you have absolutely no grounding in the fundamentals of science... you misread sentences and don't comprehend the technical meanings of specific terms.

Nothing wrong in any of that, questioning is the basis of knowledge.

However....

I've had many discussions with you on the Religious Debates forum regarding the the Jesus Myth Hypothesis (we've even carried on some discussions via exchanged pm's), an area in which you, as an Evangelical/born-again/whatever Christian true-believer should have me at a distinct disadvantage. But that was not the case. Even when you understood the subject matter you could not be reasoned with; could not see reason; could not comprehend logic; would not do ANY research and were completely unwilling to educate yourself.

Should I now attempt to provide you with sources you won't accept; a list of books you won't read; list sound arguments you refuse to consider? All the while attempting to educate you in the science that your delusional religious mindset doesn't accept?

I have an honours degree in experimental physics... trust me, or do your own research... either way I'll still be right.

The Luke

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 12:28:10 PM »
BuffGeek,

I don't want to come across as hostile or insulting here, but your post hints that you have absolutely no grounding in the fundamentals of science... you misread sentences and don't comprehend the technical meanings of specific terms.

However....

I've had many discussions with you on the Religious Debates forum regarding the the Jesus Myth Hypothesis (we've even carried on some discussions via exchanged pm's), an area in which you, as an Evangelical/born-again/whatever Christian true-believer should have me at a distinct disadvantage. But that was not the case. Even when you understood the subject matter you could not be reasoned with; could not see reason; could not comprehend logic; would not do ANY research and were completely unwilling to educate yourself.

Should I now attempt to provide you with sources you won't accept; a list of books you won't read; list sound arguments you refuse to consider? All the while attempting to educate you in the science that your delusional religious mindset doesn't accept?

I have an honours degree in experimental physics... trust me, or do your own research... either way I'll still be right.

The Luke

And you still somehow... believe in the existence of BigFoot?
from incomplete data

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »
And you still somehow... believe in the existence of BigFoot?

...there is good scientific evidence for the existence of extant hominids (ie: fingerprints; footprints; fossils etc etc).

The Luke

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 12:37:01 PM »
BuffGeek,

However....

The Luke

Dude...... WTF are you talking about?

1. How does this relate to science? I already prefaced my post saying that I am by no means an expert. I asked legitimate questions.

2. I am not a born again/Evangelical/ etc... I dont know what I am. I am still trying to figure that out.  You obviously failed to read my posts and I took a look at all the bs you used for your arguement as well as the movie that forms the foundatain of your conspiracy theory beliefs and im sorry I just dont buy it.

3. I will never comprehend your brand of "logic" as all you do is take disperate facts and merge them together to form what you think is absolute truth with respect to religous discussions.

You strike me as the type of guy that gets off on trying to bury people with your absolute knowledge of everyting. This is evident in your closing statement of PS --end-ofthread!

I asked with humility some very simple questions which you could have easily answered without the self rightous, regligion hating, intellectual superiourity babble.

lets take for example your first answer:

-Bubbles:

Then my question

would the ice accumulate speed based on oxygen left within it? Why would it travel in the same direction everytime? Do you have a link to similar situations? I am just curious as I really havent paid attention to these types of videos before.

I am asking what would propel the object as its velocity seems to be increasing as it moves. Also they all seem to be moving in the same general direction so I am asking why this would be. Is this not a legitimate question or are you just angry that someone would even question anything you said? I am not attacking you dude...

If you are basing this on my comment regarding positioning of the moon, i was merely referencing your car analogy.

I wasnt attacking you on this post, just merely asking questions. I dont have a science degree, I am a network engineer. I am not a genious, but I am also not stupid. I ask questions for things that do not necessarily make sense to me to gain understanding.

Thats fine if you feel insecure about yourself so feel you have to bury people at every given opportunity, but it really gets old very quickly.  

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 12:39:47 PM »
...there is good scientific evidence for the existence of extant hominids (ie: fingerprints; footprints; fossils etc etc).

The Luke

Fossil evidence sounds very interesting, care to link me to any site that shows these fossils?

I'm of the position that bigfoot is way more likely a byproduct of human imagination and myth spreading rather than a illogically misplaced species of apes which no specimen of which has been catched.
from incomplete data

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:55 PM »
...but I am also not stupid.

I beg to differ.

Exhibit 1:
1 would the ice accumulate speed based on oxygen left within it?
...why? Does oxygen float in space? Does de-oxygenated ice NOT float in water?

Exhibit 2:
3  I understand the positioning aspect of what you are talking about regarding the moon, but your vehicles position in relation to the moon does change and it appears that does not happen in this video.
...wrong. Read what I wrote with particular attention to the phrases: "relative position" and "tangential"

Exhibit 3:
it seems that there would some slight movement in perspective during orbit. again I am just throwing out what makes sense to me.
..you don't understand what you are talking about.

The Luke

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 12:49:28 PM »
BuffGeek,

However....

The Luke

An honors degree in experimental physics yet you can't find a job and believe that big foot exists. Further proof that someone can be book smart and street stupid.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »
An honors degree in experimental physics yet you can't find a job and believe that big foot exists. Further proof that someone can be book smart and street stupid.

...I'm working two jobs at the moment. Time to take that factoid out of the "Owning Bank"... it's expired.

The Luke

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAH
A

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 02:24:09 PM »
I beg to differ.

Exhibit 1:...why? Does oxygen float in space? Does de-oxygenated ice NOT float in water?

Exhibit 2:...wrong. Read what I wrote with particular attention to the phrases: "relative position" and "tangential"

Exhibit 3:..you don't understand what you are talking about.

The Luke

Do you have any friends? I cant imagine you can be much fun to be around as you clearly lack anything resembling social skills. 

Exhibit 1:...why? Does oxygen float in space? Does de-oxygenated ice NOT float in water?

Why do you have to act like a douchebag. I am simply asking if its a peice of ice what would make it break off and move like that where is seems to gain velocity as it moves? Is it responding to the gravity of earth? Why would it move all in the same direction? I have no idea that is why I am asking you dude.  I didnt study physics in college and knowing how ice reacts in a vaccum isnt knowledge that I use everyday.

Doesnt the release of oxygen in a vaccum propel objects? isnt that how the shuttle repositions itself? That is the reason I asked what I did...

Exhibit 2:...wrong. Read what I wrote with particular attention to the phrases: "relative position" and "tangential"

If I point a can at the moon straight on while videotaping the can with the moon in the back ground then turn the can 45 degrees, wouldnt that change the perspective of the moon relative to the can? in this case the camera is on the can and the moon would be signiicanly closer and much larger.

Again all I am doing is asking questions because I dont know. Instead of a simple answer you have to attack my religious beliefs and insult me.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
Buffgeek, you needs to gets you one dem dere edumacations.

How do you function with such a poor grasp of reality?

To answer your question: no, I don't have any moronic friends.

The Luke

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
You clearly can't/refuse answer any of my questions.

I feel sorry for you kid.

I will pray for you  ;)

BTW kudos on your goverment on becoming more bussiness friendly.