Author Topic: Al Gore Pushes for Filibuster-Proof Senate  (Read 1628 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Al Gore Pushes for Filibuster-Proof Senate
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »
The loser speaks.

This would be terrible. 

Al Gore Pushes for Filibuster-Proof Senate

Friday, November 14, 2008 10:09 AM

By: Jim Meyers 

Former Vice President Al Gore has sent out a mass e-mail asking for supporters’ contributions to help Democrats win the three undecided U.S. Senate races and attain a filibuster-proof 60-vote majority.

“On Election Day, we won six new seats, giving us a total of 57 Democratic senators,” Gore wrote in the e-mail sent on Friday. “Now we have a chance to get even closer to a filibuster-proof majority."

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee "is in a one-month sprint to run an entirely new campaign in Georgia, at the same time doing everything we can to support crucial recounts in Alaska and Minnesota. That’s why a group of Democratic senators will match every dollar you give so we can raise the $100,000 we need before midnight tonight.”

Gore points out that votes are still being counted in the tight Minnesota race between Republican incumbent Norm Coleman and Democratic challenger Al Franken, and in the Alaska race where, Democrat Mark Begich had opened an 800-vote lead over incumbent Republican Ted Stevens.

In Georgia, Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss failed to get 50 percent of the vote and will face Democratic challenger Jim Martin in a runoff election on Dec. 2.

“There is no question that the three Republican senators we are still competing with will do everything in their power to block our new president's agenda,” Gore wrote. “But if we do everything we can to win, they will never have the chance.

“When you help the DSCC charge to victory, you'll be helping President-elect Obama change this country. That's why your urgent action is so important."

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Gore_senate_donations/2008/11/14/151276.html

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Al Gore Pushes for Filibuster-Proof Senate
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
Wow.

Al Gore unleashed.

Watch out Manbearpig.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:48:31 AM »
The loser speaks.

He got a lot more electoral votes than Mccain did.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:51:31 AM »
Gore was the VP for one of the most popular presidents in history.  Bush was one of the weaker nominees in modern history.  In spite of all this, Gore lost the presidency because he lost his home state.  Gore = loser. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
Gore was the VP for one of the most popular presidents in history.  Bush was one of the weaker nominees in modern history.  In spite of all this, Gore lost the presidency because he lost his home state.  Gore = loser. 

Gore was the Vp for a disgraced, IMPEACHED President, right?

Bush was never impeached.  In fact, many people believe he hasn't broken a single law.

Clinton was a disgraced liar.  Al Gore tried to campaign out of his wet spot.

Mccain is a war hero who was nearly landslided by some rookie 'present' senator who had one good speech in 2002 and nothing else since.  Mccain also had a sexy VP pick who energized crowds.

Mccain didn't even make it close.  Losing so badly to a never-has like Obama... wow...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 11:08:15 AM »
That is some of the worst spin I have read on this board.  Why don't you go compare Clinton's approval rating and the state of the economy in 2000, with Bush's approval rating and the state of the economy in 2008 and get back to me. 

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 11:24:14 AM »
I am a dem and even I think having a filibuster-proof congress is a bad idea.  If the Dems have too much power, by controlling the exec branch and congress (and, eventually, the Supreme Court and Judicial Branch), they'll make too many extreme decisions.  There needs to be some checks-and-balances as the Constitution intended.  Having one party in power kills that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »
Exactly.  Too much power.  Neither party should have that kind of control. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
The loser speaks.....

Don't be so hard on yourself.

But seriously, where's your Nobel Peace Prize...or your Oscar?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
Don't be so hard on yourself.

But seriously, where's your Nobel Peace Prize...or your Oscar?

:)    Don't need 'em.  The fact I don't have those things doesn't preclude me from calling a loser a loser.  Just like the fact I don't play in the NFL doesn't preclude me from talking about badly the Niner QBs suck. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »
That is some of the worst spin I have read on this board.  Why don't you go compare Clinton's approval rating and the state of the economy in 2000, with Bush's approval rating and the state of the economy in 2008 and get back to me. 

Weird that Mccain didn't possess the intelligence or situational awareness to realize this.

Instead, he trumpeted Bush's greatness til the end.

Maybe he isn't a loser.  maybe, as you illustrated, he just shows poor judgment.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 12:11:54 PM »
:)    Don't need 'em.  The fact I don't have those things doesn't preclude me from calling a loser a loser.  Just like the fact I don't play in the NFL doesn't preclude me from talking about badly the Niner QBs suck. 
So, you get your rocks off calling accomplished people losers, huh.

I mean the guy was VP of the USA, a nobel laureate, a US senator and an Oscar winner....and that's a loser to you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 12:16:05 PM »
So, you get your rocks off calling accomplished people losers, huh.

I mean the guy was VP of the USA, a nobel laureate, a US senator and an Oscar winner....and that's a loser to you?

No, I have no problem calling Gore a loser.  Because he is.  Just like you have no problem calling the most accomplished man in the world (the president) a murderer.  I think my criticism is pretty tame compared to yours. 

He's a loser for the reasons I stated.  Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Even Clinton was critical of him for blowing all of his political capital and losing the election.  If losing his home state didn't cost him the election I probably wouldn't have this opinion.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »
No, I have no problem calling Gore a loser.  Because he is.  Just like you have no problem calling the most accomplished man in the world (the president) a murderer.  I think my criticism is pretty tame compared to yours. 

He's a loser for the reasons I stated.  Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Even Clinton was critical of him for blowing all of his political capital and losing the election.  If losing his home state didn't cost him the election I probably wouldn't have this opinion.   
Apples and oranges my friend.  Everybody loses in life.  Even you and me.  Not everybody makes murder happen--Bush did that.  I've never done that.  Have you?

Do you refer to all Getbiggers as losers too?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »
Apples and oranges my friend.  Everybody loses in life.  Even you and me.  Not everybody makes murder happen--Bush did that.  I've never done that.  Have you?

Do you refer to all Getbiggers as losers too?

Have I ever murdered anyone?  Can't recall.  But I'm not afraid to go back to San Quentin!   :)

All getbiggers?  No.  Only those who have lost presidential elections by losing their home state.  And maybe a couple others.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 12:39:03 PM »
Have I ever murdered anyone?  Can't recall.  But I'm not afraid to go back to San Quentin!   :)

All getbiggers?  No.  Only those who have lost presidential elections by losing their home state.  And maybe a couple others.   

hahaa.  Your hatred knows no bounds for Mr. Gore.

I mean Vice President Gore.

I mean Nobel Laureate Gore.

I mean Senator Gore.

I mean Oscar winning filmmaker Gore.

Damn, what a loser.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
hahaa.  Your hatred knows no bounds for Mr. Gore.

I mean Vice President Gore.

I mean Nobel Laureate Gore.

I mean Senator Gore.

I mean Oscar winning filmmaker Gore.

Damn, what a loser.

Great accomplishments.  He has had a good life.  But citizen Gore is a loser.

Regarding the topic, don't you have a problem with absolute control of DC by one party, including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »
Great accomplishments.  He has had a good life.  But citizen Gore is a loser.

Regarding the topic, don't you have a problem with absolute control of DC by one party, including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate? 
It was profound failure with the Bush administration/the republican congress/the judiciary.

To me that was indicative of Bush's horrible leadership.

I think Obama is smart enough to pick and choose battles worth fighting.

For instance, he won't waste 1000s of american lives and hundreds of billions of dollars attacking some country out of the blue.

I think he will be disciplined to take effective advantage of the left leaning political climate where his legislative efforts will prove to benefit america instead of diminish it such as was the case under Bush.

In other words, the past 6-8 years aside, just b/c there is hegemony in Washington does not necessarily mean regression or worse...it could mean success.  We'll see.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 01:00:02 PM »
It was profound failure with the Bush administration/the republican congress/the judiciary.

To me that was indicative of Bush's horrible leadership.

I think Obama is smart enough to pick and choose battles worth fighting.

For instance, he won't waste 1000s of american lives and hundreds of billions of dollars attacking some country out of the blue.

I think he will be disciplined to take effective advantage of the left leaning political climate where his legislative efforts will prove to benefit america instead of diminish it such as was the case under Bush.

In other words, the past 6-8 years aside, just b/c there is hegemony in Washington does not necessarily mean regression or worse...it could mean success.  We'll see.

So filibuster-proof control does or does not bother you? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 01:03:21 PM »
Bum thinks Gore is a loser and Sarah Palin is "excellent" and exactly what Washington needs.

Something tells me Bum took to the short bus to school when he was a kid

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »

Of course it doesnt bother him. He is a left wing wacko.

If you asked him. I am sure down deep he believes republicans some how created every natural disaster in the last 8 years.

I am a conservative and I would not want filibuster-proof control going my way.

Checks and balances is a must.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »
Bum thinks Gore is a loser and Sarah Palin is "excellent" and exactly what Washington needs.

Something tells me Bum took to the short bus to school when he was a kid

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 01:18:53 PM »
Gore is a loser and a fraud. Only joke bigger then Gore would have to be Biden.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »
Does not.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »

Checks and balances is a must.
And you're a Bush supporter?

I might be a wacko but conservatism =  cancer to the body politic.

We've seen what the american people think of your conservatism.  Hello Black guy as president.