Author Topic: Change We Can Believe in  (Read 1489 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Change We Can Believe in
« on: November 14, 2008, 06:50:53 PM »
31 of the 47 who have been given positions with Obama are direct insiders from the Clinton White House.

Some Obama supporters might say this is great, but if you remember, since Obama has been preaching "Change We Can Believe In" which he started reaching in the primaries, he blasted the Clinton's and put them in the category with what needs to be changed.

Add in a possible Hillary as Sec of State and all any sain person can say is "you have got to be kidding me!" Obama has made no bones about the fact that what the Clinton White House did although with some great success was riddled with mistakes...mistakes such as signing 71% of every piece of legislation Newt Gingrich's "Contract With America" Congress sent to the Clinton White House.

Further amazing "Change We Can Believe In" Obama has a 60+ questionnaire that everyone who works within the Obama White House must pass 100%. Why is this funny? Obama himself cannot pass this test at all...it's not even close. This test is designed to give security clearance...so what, is Obama going to deny himself security clearance, lol? 

I have said before, I sincerely hope that Obama's presidency is successful but I am very leery of this ever being a reality. He isn't even president yet and my worries and concerns are already mounting.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Change We Can Believe in
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »
Dude, take a chill pill. It's barely been 10 days since he was elected. He hasn't even assumed office yet. What kind of change were you expecting him to accomplish over these past 10 days that he has failed to bring?  ::)
w

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »
Obama has to bring back the Clinton flunkies because he knows no one.  Just a few short years ago he was spending his days voting present in the Illinois state senate.  The only "change" we're going to get is the pennies in our pocket after he taxes us to death.

Hell he might as well bring Monica back while he's at it.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 07:05:38 PM »
Dude, take a chill pill. It's barely been 10 days since he was elected. He hasn't even assumed office yet. What kind of change were you expecting him to accomplish over these past 10 days that he has failed to bring?  ::)

Miss Dude, I think you're misunderstanding my post. Using the term "Change We Can Believe In" with what Obama has promised was a different approach. You're right, he is not the active president yet, he cannot do "Presidential" things yet. Even so, he is surrounding himself with people that he has deemed as part of the problem throughout his whole campaign. People that will be his right arm when he begins to do "Presidential" things.

Obama has to bring back the Clinton flunkies because he knows no one.  Just a few short years ago he was spending his days voting present in the Illinois state senate.  The only "change" we're going to get is the pennies in our pocket after he taxes us to death.

Now that's funny...but you're right, there won't be any really major change...not like the people who put him into office seem to think...I'm talking about what the majority of Americans think who voted for him. But there will be change, just the wrong kind.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 07:06:39 PM »
Have you all seen the commercial on TV about the Obama Silver dollar and half dollar? They are already making these commemorative coins. What a joke!

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 07:23:04 PM »

Yep--the message Obama's sending by staffing his administration with the same old faces is, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing."  Which, hey, don't get me wrong--it's good that he's picking people who presumably DO know what they're doing.  That's certainly preferable to a bunch of newbies who have no clue how to run a country.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »
Yep--the message Obama's sending by staffing his administration with the same old faces is, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing."  Which, hey, don't get me wrong--it's good that he's picking people who presumably DO know what they're doing.  That's certainly preferable to a bunch of newbies who have no clue how to run a country.

And when Bush took office 8 yrs ago.... who did he tap?
Cheney, Rice, Baker, etc... all prsemably from the Clinton yrs?  ::)
w

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »
It would be almost impossible to find qualified democrats without ties to the Clinton white house. As it stands, from what i've read, most of the appointments up until now were fairly low level in the Clinton adminstration.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »

Yes--all the old cronies from the 70's and 80's.  Oh, and don't forget Donald Rumsfeld, Karl Rove, et al. :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 09:19:33 PM »

Bush never promised radical change. He never said he was going to rewrite the script in Washington. Obama has based his entire campaign on this.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 02:34:56 AM »
Bush never promised radical change. He never said he was going to rewrite the script in Washington. Obama has based his entire campaign on this.

Obama never promised radical change either. The term 'radical' was added by opponents on the right.
Obama promised change, ...just like Bush did when he ran for office, ...then proceeded to tap people from the 70's & 80's.

At least give the man time to assume office, then mess up a bit before you jump down his throat.  ::)
w

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »
Obama never promised radical change either. The term 'radical' was added by opponents on the right.
Obama promised change, ...just like Bush did when he ran for office, ...then proceeded to tap people from the 70's & 80's.

At least give the man time to assume office, then mess up a bit before you jump down his throat.  ::)

Seriously, I'm not saying he's messed up yet. I'm not even saying he is going to...time will tell.

One thing you're dead right about, Bush promised change to, all politicians do that...we can all agree on this point. You're also right about Obama never using the term "Radical Change" but his ideas are just that. He has admitted to a very different agenda then what America has ever seen...that's his plan and part of what got him elected...part and not the biggest part. There was a thread here the other day talking about how "The People" made the difference this time...bullshit. The media elected Obama.

The biggest reason he got elected was purely on the medias shoulders. Love him or hate him, that's what happened. If someone were to say he won because the majority of America made an educated decision would be preposterous! Of the votes he earned, I seriuosly doubt even half of his supporters have the slightest clue about anything in terms of politics and what's important.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 05:01:02 AM »
Seriously, I'm not saying he's messed up yet. I'm not even saying he is going to...time will tell.

One thing you're dead right about, Bush promised change to, all politicians do that...we can all agree on this point. You're also right about Obama never using the term "Radical Change" but his ideas are just that. He has admitted to a very different agenda then what America has ever seen...that's his plan and part of what got him elected...part and not the biggest part. There was a thread here the other day talking about how "The People" made the difference this time...bullshit. The media elected Obama.

The biggest reason he got elected was purely on the medias shoulders. Love him or hate him, that's what happened. If someone were to say he won because the majority of America made an educated decision would be preposterous! Of the votes he earned, I seriuosly doubt even half of his supporters have the slightest clue about anything in terms of politics and what's important.

He didn't admit "a different agenda", ...his agenda was not at all radical.
It is the substance of "The American Dream"... the very stuff America has prided itself, ...and deluded itself into believing existed for ALL Americans. Only when the harsh reality hit them in the face did the middle class realize the myth that didn't really exist for the vast majority. Obama's agenda is to save the middle class, ...and re-establish or rather make "The American Dream" a reality for all rather than for a select few.

If that's a "radical" agenda that America has never seen before... so be it.
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 11:05:28 AM »
Because he is hardcore...
I hate the State.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
It is the substance of "The American Dream"... the very stuff America has prided itself, ...and deluded itself into believing existed for ALL Americans. Only when the harsh reality hit them in the face did the middle class realize the myth that didn't really exist for the vast majority. Obama's agenda is to save the middle class, ...and re-establish or rather make "The American Dream" a reality for all rather than for a select few.

This is not a knock against you, but it's hard to argue this point with someone who is not American...at least that's my understanding from what I've read on here...could be wrong.

Americans haven't been deluded into believing anything that didnt' exist...there hasn't been a sheet pulled over anyones eyes.

America is what it is, the ideas and things it prides itself on are as much real today as they were yesterday...nothing has changed that.

What has changed: we have had to endure a pretty hard lick in the economy the last little while, now some at home are freaking out and going nuts...others on the outside, people in other countries, well, they seem to enjoy it a little bit. IMO in there opinion it makes America seem a little lest grand and a little more like where they live.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 05:09:29 PM »
others on the outside, people in other countries, well, they seem to enjoy it a little bit. IMO in there opinion it makes America seem a little lest grand and a little more like where they live.

Uh, you're my mate but get a grip. If I wanted to pay out my ass in taxes I could just burn money. Simple.

Same with many other nations in differing factions.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:37 PM »
Uh, you're my mate but get a grip. If I wanted to pay out my ass in taxes I could just burn money. Simple.

Same with many other nations in differing factions.

I think you misunderstood my point

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
I think you misunderstood my point

No I think I didn't...although of course I might have. :D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 08:54:17 PM »
This is not a knock against you, but it's hard to argue this point with someone who is not American...at least that's my understanding from what I've read on here...could be wrong.

Americans haven't been deluded into believing anything that didnt' exist...there hasn't been a sheet pulled over anyones eyes.

America is what it is, the ideas and things it prides itself on are as much real today as they were yesterday...nothing has changed that.

What has changed: we have had to endure a pretty hard lick in the economy the last little while, now some at home are freaking out and going nuts...others on the outside, people in other countries, well, they seem to enjoy it a little bit. IMO in there opinion it makes America seem a little lest grand and a little more like where they live.

What has changed is that many Americans are opening their eyes, and beginning to see themselves in the same light of reality that people in other countries have seen them for years, ...and they're not liking the view, ...hence the overwhelming vote for change.
w

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 12:46:28 AM »

What has changed is that many Americans are opening their eyes, and beginning to see themselves in the same light of reality that people in other countries have seen them for years, ...and they're not liking the view, ...hence the overwhelming vote for change.

No, what has happened is this. Americans have enjoyed a period of extreme excess and easiness. Now, that excess has dwindled a little bit and many are not being hand fed like they were. When I say hand fed I am not talking about the rich, I'm talking about the every day person, the lower-mid class and some in the middle class who have enjoyed a life which requires them to do not much of anything other then to show up at the work place and play on their computer.

So many in our country have become accustomed to a do nothing attitude and when that doesn't work they want it fixed but by someone else.

I'm not saying that's the change Obama is promising, but you can bet your ass that's the type of change many of the Obama voters are damn well expecting. People expect the Obama presidency to pay their rent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 07:08:50 AM »

How about some new faces??????

You suckers who bought into the whole "change" nonsense were sold snake oil.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 07:11:56 AM »

Anyone who took more than 5 minutes to look into Obama's plans realizes that he is the most radical preisdent ever elected.

Those of you who voted for the American Idol president based your vote on Bush hatred and the media spin.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
Anyone who took more than 5 minutes to look into Obama's plans realizes that he is the most radical preisdent ever elected.

Those of you who voted for the American Idol president based your vote on Bush hatred and the media spin.

I'm sure there are several people on this board who voted for Obama that can say they looked at his plan thoroughly and made their choice based on that...you can see that from some of the post these people make.

However, you're absolutely right...most of his votes came from people who are in fact idiots. They would have voted for Obama if he had been going around eating babies while on the campaign trail. These people voted for Obama because they were told to...educated decisions had nothing to do with it. That's what's so disturbing.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »
I'm sure there are several people on this board who voted for Obama that can say they looked at his plan thoroughly and made their choice based on that...you can see that from some of the post these people make.

However, you're absolutely right...most of his votes came from people who are in fact idiots. They would have voted for Obama if he had been going around eating babies while on the campaign trail. These people voted for Obama because they were told to...educated decisions had nothing to do with it. That's what's so disturbing.

Get Real!

There are idiots on both sides of the aisle. Yes, some people voted for Obama because they were told to.
Just as some people voted for Mccain because they were told to. in any election, you have a portion of the electorate who exercises a vote for reasons no more valid than flipping a coin. That however, does not in any way account for the HUGE victory Obama saw. This past election IMO saw the most educated and informed electorate casting ballots in years. Lets face it. Your brand is stale. when you recognize that fact, you might see the inside of an oval office again. Until then, screaming that voters were stupid isn't going to rebuild the republican brand, it will only ensure Democrats in the white house for years to come.
w

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 08:35:41 PM »
Get Real!

There are idiots on both sides of the aisle. Yes, some people voted for Obama because they were told to.
Just as some people voted for Mccain because they were told to. in any election, you have a portion of the electorate who exercises a vote for reasons no more valid than flipping a coin. That however, does not in any way account for the HUGE victory Obama saw. This past election IMO saw the most educated and informed electorate casting ballots in years. Lets face it. Your brand is stale. when you recognize that fact, you might see the inside of an oval office again. Until then, screaming that voters were stupid isn't going to rebuild the republican brand, it will only ensure Democrats in the white house for years to come.

The republican party needs an overhaul...I won't deny this...in fact it's something I whole wholeheartedly welcome.

You're also right that there are idiots on both sides...can't deny this either. My point with my comments above. The Obama campaign brought out more of these then usual. Those that make educated decisions concerning elections for the most part already vote. Sure, the stressing issue of the economy brought out more then normal, but the celeb factor given to Obama gave him more votes then anything else...and it's not something I fault Obama for at all...love him or hate him, his campaign was the most brilliantly run campaign probably in American history.