Author Topic: My suggestions for Mr. Getbig IV  (Read 3869 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
My suggestions for Mr. Getbig IV
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:30:13 AM »
1.) Instead of the 1 year natural rule, there should be a rule that contestants must not have competed in a real contest before. CQ said that this will be hard to prove either, but I think it's a lot easier than proving if someone is natural or not.

2.) Contestants should have at least 1000 posts and be registered for at least one year.

3.) There should be an open division where everybody can just post pictures (without any rules) in a dedicated thread, where no money is involved and the judging is done via voting of all Getbig members. This way noone is left out who wants his achievements be compared to others. It should also be allowed to post old pics, so that the old timers can participate.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
Re: My suggestions for Mr. Getbig IV
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 01:45:50 AM »
Yes, these rules would also serve to limit the number of participants, which is frankly getting out of control.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:50:48 AM »
Good points there. I like no.1 too, but yeah, it would be harder to prove.

No.2 is definietly needed. 1000 posts minimum and at least 1 year since joining.

100 posts is nothing and means that a guy could come in, make the posts in a couple of days and pick up $2k. This should be reserved for getbig regulars, not people who register an account and only make a few posts every few months.
No doubt about it...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:08:05 AM »
new rule don't have to summit a face shot. I'm shy. :-[
A

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 02:08:55 AM »
new rule don't have to summit a face shot. I'm shy. :-[

You don't have too. It's optional.
No doubt about it...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 02:14:44 AM »
You don't have too. It's optional.

Not true, you have to send in face shots. You can just optionally let them be blanked by 240.
Not good enough for many people though, me included.
I tried to change that rule but I do understand that it's necessary to reveal your identity as soon as money is involved.
That's why I would start the open division where no such rules apply.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 02:16:33 AM »
Not true, you have to send in face shots. You can just optionally let them be blanked by 240.
I tried to change that rule but I do understand that it's necessary to reveal your identity as soon as money is involved.
great idea. :)
A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 02:17:45 AM »
Good points there. I like no.1 too, but yeah, it would be harder to prove.

My point was that I think it's a lot easier to prove that someone has violated the rule.
Just look at Aquiles, it was no problem to prove that he has already done contests.
If rule no.1 would apply, there would be no discussion on whether he should be in or out.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 02:18:31 AM »
I agree with Rule no.2.
Rule no.3 is also good too.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 02:26:54 AM »
pay $50 each to old users (maybe 3 of cycle gurus) on the gear board.  let these cats pre-screen as the first level. too many on the G&O board making calls and have no real clue about chemical usage and cant detect the body change differences. basically...acq is a user?  dov has non-natural cuts according to gh15 and another known gear user.
Oh...Monica!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 02:27:26 AM »

ah ok, didn't know that.
No doubt about it...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 02:34:44 AM »
Hate to be a pain in the ass but... disagree with #2.  Time registered should be at least a year, but post count is less important.  Some guys just prefer to read and only offer an opinion occasionally, which is ok by me.  Perhaps a minimum of time logged in instead?  Or a much lower post requirement, say only 60, but a minimum of 5 posts per month to prevent someone just posting like mad for a single day?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 02:41:21 AM »
Hate to be a pain in the ass but... disagree with #2.  Time registered should be at least a year, but post count is less important.  Some guys just prefer to read and only offer an opinion occasionally, which is ok by me.  Perhaps a minimum of time logged in instead?  Or a much lower post requirement, say only 60, but a minimum of 5 posts per month to prevent someone just posting like mad for a single day?

I understand what your saying, but the 1 year, 1000 posts is pretty straight forward.

And i think that the posts are more important than the time here. You could be a member for 5 years and have 20 posts. That doesn't cut it.

This should be a comp for regular get biggers. Not people who register and browse yet never post.
No doubt about it...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 02:51:28 AM »
Its like 3 posts a day, if you been here a year. I agree with a lower post requirement.
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 03:14:32 AM »
I understand what your saying, but the 1 year, 1000 posts is pretty straight forward.

And i think that the posts are more important than the time here. You could be a member for 5 years and have 20 posts. That doesn't cut it.

This should be a comp for regular get biggers. Not people who register and browse yet never post.

Agree they have to contribute something to the board and not just lurk, but someone who logs on and posts on a regular basis like 5 posts a month, every single month for a year, would still be what I'd call a "regular Getbigger."  Just not a hardcore Getbigger. 

I've probably got a 1000 serious posts in the last couple years, but the rest are just fucking around.  1000 seems like it sets the bar a little high.  I'm not really bothered either way tho - just wanted to throw in my 2 scoops of whey.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 03:35:31 AM »
Yes, these rules would also serve to limit the number of participants, which is frankly getting out of control.
:D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 03:36:21 AM »
If I win Mr Getbig 4 ... then behold of all the drama unleashed ..

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 03:36:25 AM »

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 03:37:16 AM »
If I win Mr Getbig 4 ... then behold of all the drama unleashed ..

::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 03:46:06 AM »
::)
epic stalker skillz ... not only a world class semipro softballer aaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 04:00:34 AM »
Rule 1 is the same as Rule 2, in the fact that natural status for one year (or at all) is not needed. Looks like someone is trying to change the rules to make it easier for them to enter...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 04:12:15 AM »
Rule 1 is the same as Rule 2, in the fact that natural status for one year (or at all) is not needed. Looks like someone is trying to change the rules to make it easier for them to enter...
I would say to stop with all this natural bullshit and just have a bodybuilding contest ...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 04:15:15 AM »
Oops, I meant Rule 1 is the same as Rule 3.

I would say to stop with all this natural bullshit and just have a bodybuilding contest ...

It'd be good to have both a natty and an "untested" show, so more people can participate. But prize money might be an issue.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 04:16:14 AM »
if would be funny as hell if the contenders would pose on a webcam frame next to eachother and ron in an appart window beneath would tell them the pose behind a mic.
All with a chat screen under it so we can gossip about who has the pose and who doesnt!!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 04:16:46 AM »
pay $50 each to old users (maybe 3 of cycle gurus) on the gear board.  let these cats pre-screen as the first level. too many on the G&O board making calls and have no real clue about chemical usage and cant detect the body change differences. basically...acq is a user?  dov has non-natural cuts according to gh15 and another known gear user.

hahahahaha oh brother...
tank u jesus