Author Topic: Palin's Future in the GOP.  (Read 648 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Palin's Future in the GOP.
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:32:54 AM »

Everyone seems to think she has a chance at the top of a ticket in '12 but I don't see it.

I think she'd be a great Republican fundraiser and/or possibly Senator from Alaska but that's her ceiling.

I hope the Republicans run her as their nominee in four years so they can lose big again.

Not to mention the priceless SNL material......

A woman this stupid can't help but generate more sketch comedy.

As a country we're becoming obsessed with "average" and people like Bush and Palin are testament to that.

I want intellectuals running the country, making the decisions, leave the hockey moms at home watching Oprah....

If you follow the polling data, Palin has absolutely no cross-over appeal whatsoever..........whet her it's Democrats, Independents or women voters.

The only people who like her are the Republican base, and not even all of them like her.

The fiscal conservatives look down on her because of her lack of intelligence while the moderate repulicans see her as a zealot.

I've analyzed the race in every way possible and I don't see any way she comes back in four years with any shot on the ticket.

Romney seems to be the logical choice, despite him being Mormon.....

If the Republicans are going to ever get back to being a moderate party, he's the direction they need to go.

Thoughts?   :P

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
Re: Palin's Future in the GOP.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 02:02:39 AM »
Obama and this congress will remind Americans why we dont give Dems congress and the executive branch thus paving the way for a sway back to conservatism.

Palin will be much more attractive after the next 4 years.

I think we have better options than her personally, but 4 years is a long time. Will be an interesting circus side show however to see what she does in the next 4 years.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »
Div, why the hate?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »
Everyone seems to think she has a chance at the top of a ticket in '12 but I don't see it.

I think she'd be a great Republican fundraiser and/or possibly Senator from Alaska but that's her ceiling.

I hope the Republicans run her as their nominee in four years so they can lose big again.

As a country we're becoming obsessed with "average" and people like Bush and Palin are testament to that.

I want intellectuals running the country, making the decisions, leave the hockey moms at home watching Oprah....

If you follow the polling data, Palin has absolutely no cross-over appeal whatsoever..........whet her it's Democrats, Independents or women voters.

The only people who like her are the Republican base, and not even all of them like her.

The fiscal conservatives look down on her because of her lack of intelligence while the moderate repulicans see her as a zealot.

I've analyzed the race in every way possible and I don't see any way she comes back in four years with any shot on the ticket.

If the Republicans are going to ever get back to being a moderate party, he's the direction they need to go.

DIV

Ron Paul.
I hate the State.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 04:29:54 PM »
Div, why the hate?

She's not qualified for national office.....

I wouldn't want her making any decisions that affect our country.

She needs to stay in Alaska.

I admit I'd like to fuck her sweet white ass like most guys, but she's in the wrong line of work.

I don't hate her at all, just think she's wrong on so many levels when it comes to politics.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 04:34:59 PM »
Obama and this congress will remind Americans why we dont give Dems congress and the executive branch thus paving the way for a sway back to conservatism.

Palin will be much more attractive after the next 4 years.

I think we have better options than her personally, but 4 years is a long time. Will be an interesting circus side show however to see what she does in the next 4 years.

You're right...no matter how you slice it, when you look at modern American history, post WWII, which is also recognized as Americas most prominent, most advanced and most powerful years since it's been a nation, the most prosperous of those years combined have been under GOP control. 38 years of a GOP controlled Executive in the last 55 years.

If we look at the legislative branch, the democrats controlled this for 35 of those 55 years, which is why a lot of people like the idea of a split divided government...even though it really doesn't make any sense.

Now, what about when one party had full control, both the executive and legislative branch?

Democrats have had full power 15 of those years controlling both branches of government. What did we get with that?

*The worst recession in U.S. history since the great depression...yes, worse then this one...remember the late 70's?
*More tax penalties then in any other time periods
*Vietnam
*A social security reform that has nearly killed the entire program which may never recover
*A military that was chopped into pieces and wasn't built back up to it's potential until the late 90's.
*A welfare reform act that led to more welfare fraud then before

Tons more but those are the first few that come to mind. Republicans have made mistakes too when they have had full power, which has been a little less then the democrats. Obviously some big mistakes have been made in the last 4 years, but the biggest have been made in the last 2 years under a split government since democrats have controlled congress the last 2.  

Ron Paul.

Not a chance in hell.

DIV

Romney may indeed be qualified for the job, but his chances are slim to none. The Mormon factor is a big one, and to get the GOP nomination without the protestant evangelical support, you can't get it...it's too big of a block in the party to get the nod without it. When it comes to the evangelical crowed in the GOP, be it Baptist, Methodist, or whoever, they may have religious doctrine disagreements, but they all agree that the Mormon church is a quasi cult. I'm not saying it is or isn't...I have my own personal religious convictions...just stating the perception of the evangelical base as a whole.

The republicans don't need to get back to being the moderate party...they need to get back to simply being the republican party.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »
Romney may indeed be qualified for the job, but his chances are slim to none. The Mormon factor is a big one, and to get the GOP nomination without the protestant evangelical support, you can't get it...it's too big of a block in the party to get the nod without it. When it comes to the evangelical crowed in the GOP, be it Baptist, Methodist, or whoever, they may have religious doctrine disagreements, but they all agree that the Mormon church is a quasi cult. I'm not saying it is or isn't...I have my own personal religious convictions...just stating the perception of the evangelical base as a whole.

The republicans don't need to get back to being the moderate party...they need to get back to simply being the republican party.

If the Republican party is to grow and be a party of inclusion they'll have to get over the Mormon factor, otherwise they'll be splintered forever.

I don't like Mormons being that I live around a large majority of them and yes, they are a cult in terms of their behaviour.

However, I don't think that should keep someone like Romney (a centrist) from being the head of the Republican ticket.

Bush and neo-cons trashed the Republican brand and it will take years for the stain to wash away.

Bush wasn't a conservative at all, he engaged in more wasteful spending than any other Republican every has while guys like McCain were trying to save the Republican party from itself.

Palin will never be part of a winning ticket, trust me.

If they try to run her out there in four years, they'll lose even bigger than they did this year....

In order for Republicans to win they need the independents and Reagan democrats to crossover and neither of those voting blocks bought in to Palin.

People don't want "average" in the white house, they saw how Bush did and they won't make the same mistake again.

DIV

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 06:37:29 AM »
Ron Paul.

Ron Paul preaches too much truth that the masses and elite dont want to hear.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »
I admit I'd like to fuck her sweet white ass like most guys, but she's in the wrong line of work.

Quoted for posterity. :)