Author Topic: PBW vs. No Bull Radio: which show do you prefer?  (Read 2299 times)

Matterhorn

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
PBW vs. No Bull Radio: which show do you prefer?
« on: November 15, 2008, 06:25:40 AM »
I like to download both PBW and NBR to get me through my weekly three hours of cardio. 

Dan and Bob are nice guys and seem to have what it takes to run a good show. So do John and Dave on the “dark side”. They all have the industry knowhow, smarts and emotional intelligence.

Sadly, PBW’s need to be politically correct is ruining the whole thing. Where's the humor and the controversy??? Personally, I think that the Howard Sternish style of NBR is way more entertaining than the robot like script of PBW.

Which of the two shows do you prefer and why?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: PBW vs. No Bull Radio: which show do you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 06:27:13 AM »
Who are you? tell us your name.

Matterhorn

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:23:48 AM »
Who are you? tell us your name.

what would that be good for, mr. mars?  :)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:28:38 AM »
who is your daddy and what does he do?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 08:48:33 AM »
I like to download both PBW and NBR to get me through my weekly three hours of cardio. 

Dan and Bob are nice guys and seem to have what it takes to run a good show. So do John and Dave on the “dark side”. They all have the industry knowhow, smarts and emotional intelligence.

Sadly, PBW’s need to be politically correct is ruining the whole thing. Where's the humor and the controversy??? Personally, I think that the Howard Sternish style of NBR is way more entertaining than the robot like script of PBW.

Which of the two shows do you prefer and why?

none.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 08:50:12 AM »
BIG NATION RADIO beats the shit out of both of these "shows"

Jason

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 08:53:04 AM »
Hey Matterhorn, bist du ein Schweizer?

Matterhorn

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »
Hey Matterhorn, bist du ein Schweizer?

dasch richtig: e woeschaechte schwyzer :),

great to have the opportunity to listen to these shows over here in Switzerland, too.

wavelength = from europe?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
dasch richtig: e woeschaechte schwyzer :),

great to have the opportunity to listen to these shows over here in Switzerland, too.

wavelength = from europe?

I agree, they're entertaining.

Ich bin aus Wien.

BobbyHasBeenBad

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 04:48:19 PM »
John  Romano is a douchey guy so I don't like NBR. His girlfriend is a fat douche as well.

PBW is way better and entertaining.

Any radio show that puts Derek anthony and gregg valention on sucks a big fat black cock in my books.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
All they fuckin talk about on NBR is steriods and all the newest ones available on the black market today. Just a bunch of drugged up criminals without an ounce of muscle to their credit

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 06:49:04 PM »
BIG NATION RADIO beats the shit out of both of these "shows"

Jason

Exactly. ED & Block are fucking entertaining.
HAHA, RON.....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 06:53:06 PM »
Exactly. ED & Block are fucking entertaining.
is it still on? serious question.

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »
Big Nation Radio is way better than the rest
“No Bull” brigns on Derek Anthony to talk about his break up with his girlfriend and bitch about the ring he bought her
I expected much more when they brought Victor Conte and Patrick Arnold about the Olympics testing
Conte was saying “I told you so” and partik was trying to get too technical which I think even dave didn’t understand
The one they did on Big Nation Radio eclipsed those shows big time

I think all the talk that they say on No Bull that where ever they go people tell them you are doing a great job with the radio show is a total bullshit and they just say that to show that they have listeners.  I don’t think they get more than 1000 per show; if the show is damn good

And I hate the way they talked behind Vic Richard and Udo’s back.  Dave couldn’t say anything to their face but trashed them after the show.  He tried to reason with Udo but Udo was much more intelligent for him and proved what dave was doing was wrong; so he fried him in his next show by getting on the guy who discovered macadamia nut oil

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 12:37:18 AM »
HAHA, RON.....

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 12:45:14 AM »
PBW is strictly bodybuilding. It's boring.

I like No Bull Radio because they have better guests and the shows are more entertaining. I also like Big Nation Radio for the same reasons.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 12:52:40 AM »
PBW is strictly bodybuilding. It's boring.

I like No Bull Radio because they have better guests and the shows are more entertaining. I also like Big Nation Radio for the same reasons.

To be fair, that's cause comp. bbing is BORING. There are no exciting finishes, no scores to keep track of, et cetera. To make things even duller, they don't even discuss realistic things, like cycles and such. They expect us to believe Muscle Tech (and the like) gave the pros their massive size and crazy definition. They're just like the mags, except they go "live".
HAHA, RON.....

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 01:01:09 AM »
To be fair, that's cause comp. bbing is BORING. There are no exciting finishes, no scores to keep track of, et cetera. To make things even duller, they don't even discuss realistic things, like cycles and such. They expect us to believe Muscle Tech (and the like) gave the pros their massive size and crazy definition. They're just like the mags, except they go "live".

Yeah thats kinda what I meant. I like NBR because they have guests on that tell some cool stories from the 80's and 90's, and just some really intelligent guests. Same for for BNR. Plus these guys are funny and act normal. Dan and Bob are way too serious... probably because they're told to be though. I stopped listening to it awhile ago.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 01:17:04 AM »
Yeah thats kinda what I meant. I like NBR because they have guests on that tell some cool stories from the 80's and 90's, and just some really intelligent guests. Same for for BNR. Plus these guys are funny and act normal. Dan and Bob are way too serious... probably because they're told to be though. I stopped listening to it awhile ago.

Yeah, this is why i like NBR.

They often have doctors/dieticians/nutritionists on the show and, regardless of what people say about him, Palumbo is a very smart and guy they have very interesting, informative discussions.

I'm not a regular listener, but the last 2 i listened to were good. They had Victor Conte on one show (called Usian Bolt a drugs cheat) and Ronnie on the other. Romano and Palumbo pay the shit out of Kamali. Funny stuff.
No doubt about it...

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 01:22:15 AM »

Yeah, this is why i like NBR.

They often have doctors/dieticians/nutritionists on the show and, regardless of what people say about him, Palumbo is a very smart and guy they have very interesting, informative discussions.

I'm not a regular listener, but the last 2 i listened to were good. They had Victor Conte on one show (called Usian Bolt a drugs cheat) and Ronnie on the other. Romano and Palumbo pay the shit out of Kamali. Funny stuff.

Yep. They've got lots of good shows.

Matterhorn

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 04:18:41 AM »
All they fuckin talk about on NBR is steriods and all the newest ones available on the black market today. Just a bunch of drugged up criminals without an ounce of muscle to their credit

That is not true. There is hardly any talk about steroids, much less about steroid specifics. More about supplements and nutrition (including the ones they have a vested interested in, of course).
Steroids are not the resaon why I listen to NBR.

But I like the News section, I like the ramblings of antisocials like "the Bull" or Valentino (much like Stern's wack pack), some sex and crime now and then, even to hear about John's gyno removal etc....they don't take themselves too seriously and the whole mix is so entertaining that the cardio sessions seem to fly bye.

Dan + Bob need to spice up their PBW show. Plus the whole Pepe segment is yawnX10

Now I gotta go to the gym.

salute from the "land of cow shaggers" :)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 04:56:06 AM »
salute from the "land of cow shaggers" :)

hahahaha :D

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 09:41:18 AM »
I really like the guests that No Bull Radio brings on better than PBW. Dr. Udo Erasamus, Dr. Scott Connelly, Michael Zumpano, Dr. Mauro DiPasquale, Victor Conte, Pat Arnold, are just a few of the entertaining guests they've brought on that I've loved listening to. 

Sound
PBW is much better "sounding" than No Bull Radio. I don't know if Dan and Chic broadcast out of an actual sound studio or not but it sure sounds very professional compared to No Bull. 

Focus
It must be difficult for Palumbo and Romano to run a magazine, website, do contest coverage and build a successful radio show at the same time. Palumbo is also training many of the the pros out there and also running a supplement company at the same time!  I don't think No Bull will ever be able to compete with PBW for these very reasons.  This is all Dan Solomon is focussed on with his PBW radio show.  I think if Steve Blechman hired one person to focus entirely on this show, it could have great potential. 

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 10:04:49 AM »
to be honest i havn't been listening to it for the last half year or so..

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 09:43:39 AM »
Big Nation Radio is way better than the rest
“No Bull” brigns on Derek Anthony to talk about his break up with his girlfriend and bitch about the ring he bought her
I expected much more when they brought Victor Conte and Patrick Arnold about the Olympics testing
Conte was saying “I told you so” and partik was trying to get too technical which I think even dave didn’t understand
The one they did on Big Nation Radio eclipsed those shows big time

I think all the talk that they say on No Bull that where ever they go people tell them you are doing a great job with the radio show is a total bullshit and they just say that to show that they have listeners.  I don’t think they get more than 1000 per show; if the show is damn good

And I hate the way they talked behind Vic Richard and Udo’s back.  Dave couldn’t say anything to their face but trashed them after the show.  He tried to reason with Udo but Udo was much more intelligent for him and proved what dave was doing was wrong; so he fried him in his next show by getting on the guy who discovered macadamia nut oil

To be honest I didn’t expect my the show I would do would be so good … and when I heard Victor and Patrick were coming to talk about the drug test in the Olympics I thought they would be more informative that I was … but with all due respect my show was far better … maybe Patrick didn’t want to get into the stuff to avoid the legal action and victor was saving it for his book … which I doubt

Me on BNR:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ultimate/va/2008/08/19/big-nation-radio

NBR Victor and Patrick
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1298/140/
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1304/140/