Author Topic: My GB III contest prep...since you asked.  (Read 2270 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
My GB III contest prep...since you asked.
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:52:12 PM »
did'nt ever count calories..just made adjustments based on mirror and how I felt. Picked up regular cardio for 1st time, continued heavy, STRICT, weight training

Months 1 and 2
Meal 1...10 egg whites/ 1/2 cup oatmeal
Meal 2...2 turkey burgers/ brocolli
Meal 3...shake
Meal 4...10 oz. chix breast/ 1/2 cup oatmeal
meal 5...shake
Meal 6...10 oz. chix/brocolli
Cardio daily 30 minutes...eliptical/inclined treadmill high intense after weight training

Month 3
Meal 1...6 egg whites/3 yolks
Meal 2...shake
Meal 3...2 turkey burger/  1/2 cup oatmeal
Meal 3...shake
Meal 4...shake
Meal 5...10 oz chix/ green beans
2 cardio sessions..30 min. each...a.m. cardio before eating/post weight training

Month 4
Meal 1...6 egg whites/ 1 yolk
Meal 2...shake
Meal 3...1 turkey burger/ 1/4 cup oatmeal(somedays 0 carbs!!)
Meal 4...shake
Meal 5...10 oz. chix/green beans
I staggered my oatmeal carb throughout the week...a lot of very, very low days followed by a carb up day(still only 1/2 cup)
Cardio...two 30 min sessions...am before first meal...and after weight training

At this point I was ready for the show and getting ready to take pics.....then, outta NOWHERE the whole fuckin contest is "postponed"!!!!! I go BALLISTIC!!!! I continue month 5 the same as month 4 concerning diet/cardio...Very low carbs at the end!!!!  DAMN!!

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: My GB III contest prep...since you asked.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »
how much water and olive oil did you have with this stuff.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »
how much water and olive oil did you have with this stuff.
ummmm.....no olive oil (I'm no Falconite) and water was very high until 'bout 3 days out...started slowly cutting water.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:58:14 PM »
No water for last 12 hours

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
did'nt ever count calories..just made adjustments based on mirror and how I felt. Picked up regular cardio for 1st time, continued heavy, STRICT, weight training

Months 1 and 2
Meal 1...10 egg whites/ 1/2 cup oatmeal
Eca x1
Meal 2...2 turkey burgers/ brocolli
Meal 3...shake
Dianabol x2
Meal 4...10 oz. chix breast/ 1/2 cup oatmeal
meal 5...shake
Dianabol x2
Meal 6...10 oz. chix/brocolli
Cardio daily 30 minutes...eliptical/inclined treadmill high intense after weight training

Month 3
Meal 1...6 egg whites/3 yolks
Deca
Meal 2...shake
Meal 3...2 turkey burger/  1/2 cup oatmeal
Meal 3...shake
Meal 4...shake
Meal 5...10 oz chix/ green beans
2 cardio sessions..30 min. each...a.m. cardio before eating/post weight training

Month 4
Meal 1...6 egg whites/ 1 yolk
Eca
Meal 2...shake
Meal 3...1 turkey burger/ 1/4 cup oatmeal(somedays 0 carbs!!)
Meal 4...shake
Meal 5...10 oz. chix/green beans
Eca
I staggered my oatmeal carb throughout the week...a lot of very, very low days followed by a carb up day(still only 1/2 cup)
Cardio...two 30 min sessions...am before first meal...and after weight training

At this point I was ready for the show and getting ready to take pics.....then, outta NOWHERE the whole fuckin contest is "postponed"!!!!! I go BALLISTIC!!!! I continue month 5 the same as month 4 concerning diet/cardio...Very low carbs at the end!!!!  DAMN!!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »
epic masochism ignoring the adonis principles  ;D

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 03:06:02 PM »
epic masochism ignoring the adonis principles  ;D
what exactly are the adonis principles? I never got into reading it ? Maybe you could give me the short of it?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 03:10:01 PM »
what exactly are the adonis principles? I never got into reading it ? Maybe you could give me the short of it?

Ditch the cardio, get enough protein, create a caloric deficit, and other than that eat what you want and when you want.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 03:11:34 PM »
excellent job dov, amazing transformation

when doing treadmill cadio, what was the incline and mph?

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 03:13:02 PM »
Dov, how did you feel that last month on those low carbs? Did you ever have a carb up day every few weeks or no?

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »
Ditch the cardio, get enough protein, create a caloric deficit, and other than that eat what you want and when you want.

I was doing this unknowingly for a while and for no other reason than laziness. I got my head out of my ass here in the last couple weeks and started doing a 3 mile run after my weights and am having GREAT results. No replacement for hard ass work. I really do believe running helps make the body "flow" together as opposed to being a mish/mash of parts.

And Jesus Dov...that's a lot of cardio. I'm hoping that since you've done this transformation you can cut back to just one twenty minute session a day now with a moderately clean diet. I can see what you were doing to be mandatory considering where you started though.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »
I was doing this unknowingly for a while and for no other reason than laziness. I got my head out of my ass here in the last couple weeks and started doing a 3 mile run after my weights and am having GREAT results. No replacement for hard ass work. I really do believe running helps make the body "flow" together as opposed to being a mish/mash of parts.

Well my experience is different. Cardio works of course, but for me, eating a little less works better.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 03:16:56 PM »
Well my experience is different. Cardio works of course, but for me, eating a little less works better.

Well, if I have a choice between cardio (not running) and eating less for results I take eating less. But if the choice is running versus eating less than I take running. My body responds very well to running. I'm naturally a great runner and I believe this may be the reason why. I've honest to god never trained my calves directly.

Oh, and I did zero running for the GB3 prep due to the environment I had to work out in. I've been back in Florida for the last week and been running every day I lift weights and look about 15% better. Cardio with machines just doesn't do it for me.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 03:18:04 PM »
excellent job dov, amazing transformation

when doing treadmill cadio, what was the incline and mph?
I slowly work up to a 15 degree incline at 3.0...kind of a power walk...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »
Well, if I have a choice between cardio (not running) and eating less for results I take eating less. But if the choice is running versus eating less than I take running. My body responds very well to running. I'm naturally a great runner and I believe this may be the reason why. I've honest to god never trained my calves directly.

Oh, and I did zero running for the GB3 prep due to the environment I had to work out in. I've been back in Florida for the last week and been running every day I lift weights and look about 15% better. Cardio with machines just doesn't do it for me.

If you like running and it improves your calves, that's fine of course.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 03:23:27 PM »
If you like running and it improves your calves, that's fine of course.

The whole "whatever works" thing. :) I actually purposely ignore training my calves. They are still larger than my arms so it is a proportion thing. They sit anywhere between 16.5 to 17 inches untrained with striations so I have to be careful with them. I wish the rest of my body responded as well as them.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 03:24:59 PM »
Dov, how did you feel that last month on those low carbs? Did you ever have a carb up day every few weeks or no?
I mixed up the carbs everyday...I would go 3 days straight on 25g, then bump it up to maybe 70g...one week, I went all week with maybe 100g, then I ate about 300g for last meal of the night on day 7...I really juggled them...up/down/zero...you name it!   For the most part, I tried to go 3 days straight with hardly any complex..only fibrous from brocolli, asparagus, etc....then on 4th or 5th day have a cup of oatmeal.  I felt pretty lousy most of the time, but I still trained my ass off....cut my weight training down to 40 min. high intense/supersetting for last 2 months or so.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 03:31:16 PM »
The whole "whatever works" thing. :) I actually purposely ignore training my calves. They are still larger than my arms so it is a proportion thing. They sit anywhere between 16.5 to 17 inches untrained with striations so I have to be careful with them. I wish the rest of my body responded as well as them.

Hopefully the judges can see beyond the bad lighting of your pics, your condition is spot on.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
I mixed up the carbs everyday...I would go 3 days straight on 25g, then bump it up to maybe 70g...one week, I went all week with maybe 100g, then I ate about 300g for last meal of the night on day 7...I really juggled them...up/down/zero...you name it!   For the most part, I tried to go 3 days straight with hardly any complex..only fibrous from brocolli, asparagus, etc....then on 4th or 5th day have a cup of oatmeal.  I felt pretty lousy most of the time, but I still trained my ass off....cut my weight training down to 40 min. high intense/supersetting for last 2 months or so.

That's interesting, I actually enjoyed training much more when I was on my diet. Kind of easier to get in the zone.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »
Hopefully the judges can see beyond the bad lighting of your pics, your condition is spot on.

Thanks man. I appreciate that a lot. I haven't said anything about where I think I belong in the line-up but I was thinking the same thing.  ;D

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
That's interesting, I actually enjoyed training much more when I was on my diet. Kind of easier to get in the zone.
Agreed...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »
Thanks man. I appreciate that a lot. I haven't said anything about where I think I belong in the line-up but I was thinking the same thing.  ;D

If we take Aquilles out of the mix (as the obvious winner if he stays in), it's gonna be a battle between you, dov, and go4it.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 03:39:53 PM »
dont under estimate a physique judge, they tend to be complete idiotz

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »
dont under estimate a physique judge, they tend to be complete idiotz

anyone in particular you have in mind ???

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
Aquilles

Yeah, that guy is the clear-cut winner to me also. Hell, to anyone I believe. That back of his is just unreal.