Author Topic: tell me some observations from the gym you go to  (Read 7961 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
tell me some observations from the gym you go to
« on: November 16, 2008, 07:08:14 AM »
anything
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: tell me some observations from the gym you go to
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 07:09:39 AM »
Lot of fat chicks on the cardio equipment, but they don't seem to be getting any thinner. Could be cuz the gym gives out free pizza on Mondays though.
E

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 07:09:48 AM »
too many homos and too many posers, so a lot like getbig
Thunderdome approved

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 07:11:33 AM »
There is this one guy, comes in every other day or so, does the weirdest type of stretching and breathing exercises, sound effects and all, rubs his stomach in front of a mirror in a circular motion for a while as he practices breathing, serious just strange things follow by "ummmmmmmmm" as brings in his arms, I dunno, seriously thinking of just going and asking him what exactly he is doing.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 07:11:57 AM »
With 31K+ posts I guess you have to live vicariously.  8)

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 07:16:19 AM »
Only 2 white guys where I train, and neither one is the owner. ;D

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 07:18:39 AM »
guys who just started training like first month hoggin the cable machine to do cable crossovers and rear lateral movements .

or my favourite...
the weeder double up movement one guy benches take  while the other guy deadlifts the weight off his chest..
this is done by noobies and advanced trainers

choice is an illusion

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 07:19:01 AM »

Why don't you find a new gym? You ever get robbed?
E

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 07:21:21 AM »
Why don't you find a new gym? You ever get robbed?
Hell no, white trash got nothing to take. ;D
It's a cool place, PL friendly, no contract. Couldn't do better if I tried.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 07:22:24 AM »
Hell no, white trash got nothing to take. ;D
It's a cool place, PL friendly, no contract. Couldn't do better if I tried.

Aren't the bars slippery? Blacks use a ton of hand lotion.
E

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 07:24:56 AM »
Aren't the bars slippery? Blacks use a ton of hand lotion.
Nope, chalk does the trick.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 07:27:14 AM »
Nope, chalk does the trick.

Is it ever like a barber shop in there? What I mean is blacks will take a normal business and treat it like a social club cuz they have no place better to go. Do a bunch of blacks just hang out there all day for no good reason?
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 07:32:40 AM »
Is it ever like a barber shop in there? What I mean is blacks will take a normal business and treat it like a social club cuz they have no place better to go. Do a bunch of blacks just hang out there all day for no good reason?

barbershops are to blacks what getbig is to whities
Z

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 07:32:45 AM »
-grown up roided guys with arms as big as my torso who halfsquat only 140lbs for 8 without feeling ashamed

-a lot of fat women who never get any thinner

-mentally retarded guy who goes crazy on the quadricep extension machine

-2 short guys i have seen wearing shoes with adapted extra thick soles

-skinny concentration camp victim telling me he's going to do a cycle to get in shape for summer while he is benchpressing 100lbs for 7, the eighth rep he failed

-huge 300lbs with abs guy who warms up with my max

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 07:33:34 AM »

Now that's funny. Only two white guys huh? Do you happen to be one of them?  lol  Anyway, I am currently working in Iraq so I train here on base but I've been living in Kuwait since 1995. As you may or may not know, Kuwait has some really world class gyms.  I've trained in a few of them.  Not for any Length of time because I can't afford it. (costs an arm and a leg) I just like to go every once in a while to experience the atmosphere.  I've been to the famous Oxygen Gym in Kuwait and it's great. Top of the line. This is the gym made famous by Dennis James and crew.  Most of the trainers (called Captains) in the gyms I've trained at are Filipino.  Most very experienced and competitive bodybuilders.  There are no coed gyms in Kuwait except for gyms located in large hotels and resorts.  I guess that lets you know that the gym is full of guys.  Not much for motivation.  Kuwait has a pretty big bodybuilding scene and top of the line gyms seem to be popping up routinely.  Some owners spare no expense to trump the competition.  I wish I had some pics of some of the facilities I've trained in.  Very nice.  Anyway, just thought I'd add to the discussion.

Pat

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 07:33:51 AM »
theres a big fat naked guy that lays on the benches in the locker room after he showers...hell lay there for like half an hour
theres a homeless man who is sponsored and he just walks around the gym and does the same bad form exercises
theres a creepy old man who just stares at the buff people
theres this football player who think hes a hot shot who screams after every rep...even real light weight
w

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »
Now that's funny. Only two white guys huh? Do you happen to be one of them?  lol  Anyway, I am currently working in Iraq so I train here on base but I've been living in Kuwait since 1995. As you may or may not know, Kuwait has some really world class gyms.  I've trained in a few of them.  Not for any Length of time because I can't afford it. (costs an arm and a leg) I just like to go every once in a while to experience the atmosphere.  I've been to the famous Oxygen Gym in Kuwait and it's great. Top of the line. This is the gym made famous by Dennis James and crew.  Most of the trainers (called Captains) in the gyms I've trained at are Filipino.  Most very experienced and competitive bodybuilders.  There are no coed gyms in Kuwait except for gyms located in large hotels and resorts.  I guess that lets you know that the gym is full of guys.  Not much for motivation.  Kuwait has a pretty big bodybuilding scene and top of the line gyms seem to be popping up routinely.  Some owners spare no expense to trump the competition.  I wish I had some pics of some of the facilities I've trained in.  Very nice.  Anyway, just thought I'd add to the discussion.

Pat

what are we talking as far as dollars and cents for usage/memberships?  just curious. 
Oh...Monica!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 07:41:17 AM »

Pat

thanks

id like to hear more stories about kuwait !
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 07:43:17 AM »
theres a big fat naked guy that lays on the benches in the locker room after he showers...hell lay there for like half an hour
theres a homeless man who is sponsored and he just walks around the gym and does the same bad form exercises
theres a creepy old man who just stares at the buff people
theres this football player who think hes a hot shot who screams after every rep...even real light weight

what do you mean the homeless guy is sponsored?
Z

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »
what are we talking as far as dollars and cents for usage/memberships?  just curious. 

For example, at Oxygen gym the prices are as follows:

1 month $148.00
3 months $407
6 moths $721.50
1 year $1184.00

That may not be a lot to some of you but it's a little bit out of my price range. The place I go to is $75.00 a month and has all I need. It's nothing like Oxygen but I can get it done.  

Pat

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 07:46:50 AM »
No, more boriquas than anything else.

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 07:49:08 AM »

Pat
Yup  ;D

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 07:49:32 AM »
Is it true basurablanco, are you a latino?

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »
Is it true basurablanco, are you a latino?
No, I'm a redneck.

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 07:53:13 AM »