Author Topic: Obama on 60 Minutes  (Read 2286 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama on 60 Minutes
« on: November 16, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »
He looks like he's aged 10 years since the election.

he's going to age a lot in office.  a little weight gain, greys popping thru.  Still looks good for 47 years old, but not the gleaming (botox-ed) smile we saw on campaign.

Then again, kerry looked bloated after losing in 2004... stopped the botox.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama on 60 Minutes
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 07:00:19 AM »
He looks like he's aged 10 years since the election.

he's going to age a lot in office.  a little weight gain, greys popping thru.  Still looks good for 47 years old, but not the gleaming (botox-ed) smile we saw on campaign.

Then again, kerry looked bloated after losing in 2004... stopped the botox.

He is going to finally be honest about who he is.  He was the American Idol candidate and it is already showing.  He wont have to use the hair coloring and the makeup anymore.  The teleprompter is gone. 

BTW - deftly comparing his mother-in law to a dog is going to go over well with Michele behind closed doors. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:19:03 AM »
Pretty soft interview.

Every president ages faster because of the immense stress.  I like that he works out regularly.  I know most presidents do, but the press seems to make a bigger issue that Barrack is active.  Its good to promote exercise and healthier living to everyone.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 07:36:28 AM »
Pretty soft interview.

Every president ages faster because of the immense stress.  I like that he works out regularly.  I know most presidents do, but the press seems to make a bigger issue that Barrack is active.  Its good to promote exercise and healthier living to everyone.

I wonder if he quit smoking.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »
I wonder if he quit smoking.

Nope. I heard he is on Crack now..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:09:02 AM »
Nope. I heard he is on Crack now..

He used to be a chain smoker.  He promised his wife he would qwuit.

As far as smoking crack????

I dont know, but he did admit in his book that he used to abuse cocaine when he was younger.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 08:58:11 AM »
Pretty soft interview.

Bush worked out everyday and didn't drink....did this matter at all. Nope not a bit. Barry plays a little basketball  and smokes like a chimney, but he's the triathelite?
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:52 AM »
Bush worked out everyday and didn't drink....did this matter at all. Nope not a bit. Barry plays a little basketball  and smokes like a chimney, but he's the triathelite?
...of a total of approximately 2,535 days as president, most during a time of war, Bush spent all or part of 908 days, an incredible 36% of his time, on vacation or at retreat places.

908 days of vacation = 2 ˝ years of the Bush presidency…during a time of war.  Bush had the most important and demanding job in this entire land, and he had irresponsibly taken far more time off from his job to have fun during the past seven years than any worker or company executive in America!!!

Obama can't do much worse than President Slacker.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 09:22:02 AM »
...of a total of approximately 2,535 days as president, most during a time of war, Bush spent all or part of 908 days, an incredible 36% of his time, on vacation or at retreat places.

908 days of vacation = 2 ˝ years of the Bush presidency…during a time of war.  Bush had the most important and demanding job in this entire land, and he had irresponsibly taken far more time off from his job to have fun during the past seven years than any worker or company executive in America!!!

Obama can't do much worse than President Slacker.

I thought liberals like yourself think Bush does a terrible job in everything he touches.  Thus, wouldn't it be better from a liberal point of view if Bush was on vacation more often so that he could not screw things up even worse?????

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 09:25:42 AM »
I thought liberals like yourself think Bush does a terrible job in everything he touches.  Thus, wouldn't it be better from a liberal point of view if Bush was on vacation more often so that he could not screw things up even worse?????

Yes he was a lazy, shiftless president that trusted his unreliable gut instinct over his two-cent brain.

He never took the job seriously and the country is in the toilet b/c of him.

I was not making a conclusion that more Bush is better.  I was stating the obvious:  he was lazy as well as incompetent.  The two are probably connected.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 09:36:52 AM »
Yes he was a lazy, shiftless president that trusted his unreliable gut instinct over his two-cent brain.

He never took the job seriously and the country is in the toilet b/c of him.

I was not making a conclusion that more Bush is better.  I was stating the obvious:  he was lazy as well as incompetent.  The two are probably connected.

I voted for him, but am horrified at his second term. 

1.  Amensty for illegals was the tipping point for me.
2.  Harriet Meirs
3.  Spending
4.  Dubai Ports
5.  Presciption Drug Bill disaster
6.  CFR - regulates 1st amendment
7.  Border Patrol agents Ramos and Compean
8.  Paulson - well W and the congress deserve the blame for this.

I give him credit on the WOT and Roberts and Alito - thats it.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »

Haha you're really a moron sometimes.  Bush never drank?  Haha.  Why don't you ask his wife about that.  It's athlete! 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 11:05:37 AM »
He wants a college football playoff. Can't help but like the guy for wanting that. True sports fan. And it's arguably the #1 issue at this point in time.

- Team Obama!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »

I am convinced that after amnesty for invaders failed in 2005, he got back on the bottle.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 12:19:26 PM »
Nope.

I heard he was smoking crack..didnt you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »
I heard he was smoking crack..didnt you?

Nope.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 02:51:53 PM »
We had K's family over for dinner last night and I put on the 60 Minutes interview after we'd eaten.

At one point, the 5-year-old comes in and announces, "Emily's dad said that Barack Obama is going to ruin the country in 4 years."

I told her that our country has a lot of problems right now, but hopefully, Obama will be able to lead us in a better direction.

Her response: "I don't like him!  I like John McCain!"

You would've been surprised at the tone of her voice.

Now, my 6-year-old voted for Obama.  Unfortunately, she also supported Yes on 8....I didn't know until a few days before the election that they'd been campaigning over there while she was visiting with her cousins.  But, at least I now know what's going on in that house, so I can work to counter it.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 08:25:06 PM »
We had K's family over for dinner last night and I put on the 60 Minutes interview after we'd eaten.

At one point, the 5-year-old comes in and announces, "Emily's dad said that Barack Obama is going to ruin the country in 4 years."

I told her that our country has a lot of problems right now, but hopefully, Obama will be able to lead us in a better direction.

Her response: "I don't like him!  I like John McCain!"

You would've been surprised at the tone of her voice.

Now, my 6-year-old voted for Obama.  Unfortunately, she also supported Yes on 8....I didn't know until a few days before the election that they'd been campaigning over there while she was visiting with her cousins.  But, at least I now know what's going on in that house, so I can work to counter it.
Sounds like this these kids are pretty bright, despite what their elders think.  lol

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »
Sounds like this these kids are pretty bright, despite what their elders think.  lol

Do you really think it's appropriate for 5 yr olds to get bent out of shape about politics?
I think they should be delving into a box of crayolas but not worrying about politics.   :-\
w

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 12:34:21 AM »
Actually being at the White House in this day and age is pretty pointless. The only time a president really needs to be there is:

*When he is hosting a foreign diplomat or head of state.
*For social events
*For inspirational purposes, i.e. speeches in the Oval Office

Any president, doesn't matter who he is, his entire staff travels with him anywhere he goes, 24/7 365. He has access to a plane that can leave at a moments notice with an office and every piece of equipment his office at the White House has.

It will be the exact same for Obama. Complaining about this is ridiculous.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:10 AM »
No, its not appropriate for kids that age to be angry about politics.  Parents need to do a better job.
A close friend's daughters 3rd grade class had a mock election.  24 voted for Obama and 5 for McCain.  So, there's influence on both sides.  Politics shouldn't be discussed in elementary school.  Plus, like it or not, the majority of teachers lean liberal so the kids will likely get a skewed perspective.
A teacher here was on the news for criticizing her students that liked McCain.  Totally inappropriate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 06:28:37 AM »
No, its not appropriate for kids that age to be angry about politics.  Parents need to do a better job.
A close friend's daughters 3rd grade class had a mock election.  24 voted for Obama and 5 for McCain.  So, there's influence on both sides.  Politics shouldn't be discussed in elementary school.  Plus, like it or not, the majority of teachers lean liberal so the kids will likely get a skewed perspective.
A teacher here was on the news for criticizing her students that liked McCain.  Totally inappropriate.

Whats amazing to me is that while the children cant even read and write anymore, these liberal hack teachers find the time to indoctrinate them in liberal politics.

No wonder our public education system is horrible.  I bet they dont condone this nonsense in Japan or other countries.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 08:22:49 AM »
Do you really think it's appropriate for 5 yr olds to get bent out of shape about politics?
I think they should be delving into a box of crayolas but not worrying about politics.   :-\

If you want to successfully teach discrimination, it has to start early.

Conversely, the same works with the 'love thy neighbor' philosophy, but I have to work harder.  Discrimination is easy when you're in the majority and fall into line with mob rule.  Teaching kids love and tolerance takes a lot more work.