Author Topic: 240...please comment!  (Read 2403 times)

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
240...please comment!
« on: November 16, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/14/tech/cnettechnews/main4604813.shtml?source=RSSattr=Politics_4604813
The Obama Team's Online Transition
Obama Plans Gone From Transition Web Site

(CNET) If you want a job in an Obama administration, be prepared to disclose every blog post or comment you've ever written.

A nine-page questionnaire requires applicants to list -- and if possible, provide copies of -- all "posts or comments on blogs or other Web sites" they have ever made. Also required are "aliases" or nicknames used on those sites.

Translated into English, this means that President-elect Obama wants to know far more about you than his predecessors did. That requirement would force applicants to disclose information about Facebook and MySpace pages, profiles posted on dating Web sites, and even what was posted on Web sites like CNET and YouTube that allow readers to append comments.

Note that question doesn't only ask for potentially embarrassing or incendiary posts. It wants a list of "each" one.

It also asks for the URLs of "any Web sites that feature you in either a personal or professional capacity," and suggests MySpace and Facebook by name as examples. Dating sites like Match.com would be included, too.

Perhaps this won't be a problem for older Democrats vying for senior positions like treasury secretary or attorney general. But for today's Facebook-and-YouTube generation, requesting a list (and, "if readily available," a copy) of all Web site posts and comments the applicant ever made is not a trivial task to complete -- and means that the Obama administration may not be quite as tech-savvy as its reputation would indicate.

These and other questions seem to represent Obama's plan to avoid the the Lani Guinier Effect. President Clinton appointed Guinier as assistant attorney general, and then was forced to withdraw her nomination in the face of severe criticism. Clinton claimed at the time that he had not read her writings favoring racial quotas.

Clinton also was forced to withdraw the nominations of Zoe Baird and Judge Kimba Wood for attorney general because of questions about whether they paid employment taxes for their nannies. President George W. Bush had the same problem with former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, appointed to be Homeland Security secretary.

Obama's questionnaire seeks to remedy that problem. It asks four questions about domestic help, including housekeepers, babysitters, nannies, and gardeners. It asks about child support payments, information about enemies that may "criticize" your nomination, tax returns, loans, jobs held abroad, and so on.

One question asks: "Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information."

That's raised eyebrows among gun owners -- and drawn fire from the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action--because there is no general federal requirement that guns be registered. Under federal law, it's possible to be given a firearm by a family member or purchase one from a private party without your name being included in a federal database. (Laws in a handful of states, including California, are more restrictive.)

In a 1996 survey sent to state politicians, Obama said he supports a law banning the "possession" of handguns. He also indicated he supported Washington, D.C.'s gun ban, which was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court. His campaign Web site said the Second Amendment protects an individual right and noted that "millions of hunters and shooters own and use guns every year," but did not mention firearms used for self-defense.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 240...please comment!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 09:09:34 PM »
LOL.... this is called "Proper Vetting in the Media Age".

Something Mccain didn't use for Palin.

Of course I dislike that gun clause.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 11:45:37 PM »
The part where it says he wants to know more than his predecessor is simply not true.  The last thing Obama or any president needs is to hire some guy, say what a great job he'll do and what a great person he is then have it revealed that he posts under the name of Hugo Chavez and believes in a few big conspiracy theories :D  I imagine this kind of stuff is  standard for security clearances.  Now if he is doing it to weed out only the most loyal Obama worshipers like Bush did, I wouldn't like that much.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 06:58:08 AM »

Its something the media and the public did not do for Obama. 

This man is a sleeper cell all unto himself.

You clowns who voted for this guy are no different than the drunk girl at the bar who goes home with first sleezbag who throws a good line of b.s. and wakes up only to realize she has been date raped.

240 . . . . Obama will push for stricter gun control, taxes on ammo, AWB, and you will have no one to blame but yourself.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »
Definitely more strick vetting than he received from the media!  No question about that.  Is it smart?  Yes.
(except the gun question, which I don't like either...wonder if he included that because banning handguns is a major priority to him).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 07:42:54 AM »
240 . . . . Obama will push for stricter gun control, taxes on ammo, AWB, and you will have no one to blame but yourself.

Right.  My vote for Bob barr, then?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:45:39 AM »
All the signs are there, keep denying that this guy is going to come down hard on guns. He's got the Patriot act working for him. Dear leader is coming for u guys.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 07:49:11 AM »
All the signs are there, keep denying that this guy is going to come down hard on guns. He's got the Patriot act working for him. Dear leader is coming for u guys.
I'm ready :D

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 07:53:28 AM »
The paranoid vengeful lunatics on the Right will dig for any dirt they can.  And if they can't find any, they'll just manufacture shit...Clinton Chronicles, Juanita Broaddrick rape, Vince Foster murder.

It's going to be a long 4 years for President Obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 08:01:58 AM »
Right.  My vote for Bob barr, then?

My statement was a general one, not one to you personally since there are many others who read these boards.

Bob Barr got wacky over the years.  I still think overall, probably Ron Paul was the only one who called it like it is.  He was marginalized by the media and both parties because they dont want to hear someone telling the truth about monetary issues.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 08:04:03 AM »
I'm ready :D

For what?   To try to come to the fort and breach the castle walls?

If 0 tries to tax ammo and renew the AWB , he is in for a rude awakening because many dems will abondon him over that issue alone.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 08:17:28 AM »
For what?   To try to come to the fort and breach the castle walls?

If 0 tries to tax ammo and renew the AWB , he is in for a rude awakening because many dems will abondon him over that issue alone.   
exactly... not going to happen.

No I'm not breaching any walls...  silly talk...  They may have gotten away with taking guns door to door in NO after Katrina but I'd like to see them try that shit in places like Texas, Oaklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana etc.  I'll get the popcorn :D  won't happen...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »

No I'm not breaching any walls...  silly talk...  They may have gotten away with taking guns door to door in NO after Katrina but I'd like to see them try that shit in places like Texas, Oaklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana etc.  I'll get the popcorn :D  won't happen...

I live on the border of Bronx/Yonkers what do you think they will do here??????????

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 08:21:48 AM »
I live on the border of Bronx/Yonkers what do you think they will do here??????????

I have no freaking clue, you might as well be asking me what they'll do on Mich Jagger's private island.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 08:30:16 AM »

No ifs, ands or buts....the federal government would crush any resisters.

Look at Waco and Ruby Ridge.  The citizens do not stand a chance against the might of an organized federal military.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 08:33:22 AM »
I have no freaking clue, you might as well be asking me what they'll do on Mich Jagger's private island.

It was a joke.  I fully expect the storm troopers out in full force to enforce a gun ban.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 08:37:25 AM »

HEHEHEHEEH

If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 08:38:20 AM »

what's everyone worried about?   Do you think Obama will rewrite the 2nd amendment?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 08:47:52 AM »
No...it will be a gradual assault. Registering ammo....what the hell is that. It will be little things.
L

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 08:48:44 AM »
No...it will be a gradual assault. Registering ammo....what the hell is that. It will be little things.

thats not even implemented yet though. just jargan

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
Sure...why even have that on the table. If I want to load my .45's with Black Talon's I should be able to. Why does Barry care what I buy or how much....the how much is what they're getting at. I have good ammo loaded for the house and tons of shit that I shoot at the range. Barry doesn't need to know.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 09:31:27 AM »
No ifs, ands or buts....the federal government would crush any resisters.

Look at Waco and Ruby Ridge.  The citizens do not stand a chance against the might of an organized federal military.
How did that work out for the government?  They may have killed them all, but they lost for it... I give a rats ass not, we all go some day.  Might as well be the day they come to take our guns.  If not that, it'll be by some accident or painful ass heart attack or cancer or hell, maybe some chuck of space junk will fall and crush me, or with my luck, it'll be a frozen chunk of sewage ejected from a 747.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »
what's everyone worried about?   Do you think Obama will rewrite the 2nd amendment?

No, like everything else, they will try to tax, register, regulate, and make it almost impossible to get ammunition.

That is why people are stocking up like crazy on all types of ammunition.  Its not for fear of an uprising or civil unrest, its because of the taxes and regulations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 09:33:30 AM »
How did that work out for the government?  They may have killed them all, but they lost for it... I give a rats ass not, we all go some day.  Might as well be the day they come to take our guns.  If not that, it'll be by some accident or painful ass heart attack or cancer or hell, maybe some chuck of space junk will fall and crush me, or with my luck, it'll be a frozen chunk of sewage ejected from a 747.

For once, I like your post on this!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 09:36:41 AM »
It was a joke.  I fully expect the storm troopers out in full force to enforce a gun ban.
I'm telling you, that's not going to work very well in the states I mentioned and probably several I didn't.  It's just not workable on any level.  Unless there is some mass attack and dozens of cities are laid to waste and life as we know it is completely gone, it's not going to happen.  and that could happen, but when or if it does, whole different ball game.  People laugh at me for saying this but what the hell; don't get in the government rescue line.