Author Topic: Equal rights - for bodybuilders and for gays  (Read 7088 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Equal rights - for bodybuilders and for gays
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2008, 11:31:33 AM »
lol...get your dick out of your ear so you can hear, cockweed. 
ya know....it's people like you who drive intelligent people insane.  you're just too consumed
by your own stupidity to listen to reasonable argument. 

Crawl back into your wack-off shack......crack one off to miley cyrus
or zac efron (probably efron) and actually do the world a favor by
never coming out.  (pun intended. you'd be a horrible representative of the gay community)

So anyone who disagrees on this issue, for whatever reason, is either ignorant or bigoted?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »
So anyone who disagrees on this issue, for whatever reason, is either ignorant or bigoted?

comparing two people in a loving committed relationship to you and your dog sure is.

you may love your dog, but you are still not allowed to marry him. however, I am sure you will be on that bandwagon next.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2008, 11:37:41 AM »
you may love your dog, but you are still not allowed to marry him.

Who's going to stop you from marrying your dog? 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »
comparing two people in a loving committed relationship to you and your dog sure is.

LOL!!

Relax, Tre. High blood pressure kills, ni&&as. :)

It was more or less hyperbole. Isn't anyone curious what the extent to which the definition can be changed? Couldn't a pet-lover very easily marry a dog so health insurance would have to cover Vet bills. Do you know how expensive Vets are?!?!! :) And hell, someone that married a cat would never go without pussy again. :)

Expand your mind, Tre.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »

If a person has a private backyard ceremony and marries his pet, I'm just not capable of giving a shit.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »
Relax, Tre.

first, you need to pay attention to who you're replying to

It was more or less hyperbole. Isn't anyone curious what the extent to which the definition can be changed? Couldn't a pet-lover very easily marry a dog so health insurance would have to cover Vet bills. Do you know how expensive Vets are?!?!! :) And hell, someone that married a cat would never go without pussy again. :)

there is a long history of bigots comparing homosexuality to pedophilia, bestiality, and necrophilia.  it is bigotry at its worse.  as if the true love that two consenting adults feel towards each other is no different than abusive sex with an unconsenting child, animal or dead person.

why are we so passionate about this?  because it is about love.  the love that I feel towards the one that I want to marry is just as real and intense and valid as the love that you feel towards the one that you want to marry.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2008, 01:04:20 PM »
LOL!!

Relax, Tre. High blood pressure kills, ni&&as. :)

Expand your mind, Tre.
come on man, you're too smart for that "slippery slope" bullshit.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »
They put it to a vote.  Sorry queers. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »
If a person has a private backyard ceremony and marries his pet, I'm just not capable of giving a shit.

So you're not against pet commitment ceremonies. :) What if the petwit demands fluffy get legal benefits?

In general, we're a society of extremes. People against changing the definition of marriage might be protecting something you don't 'get'. Just because a lot of them are opposing the idea from a religious perspective doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong or that religion is the only reason someone oppose the idea.

I don't really care and can see both sides of the issue have legit points.

come on man, you're too smart for that "slippery slope" bullshit.

Homeland security is a perfect example of a slippery slope. We're not a society that moderates itself well.

first, you need to pay attention to who you're replying to

there is a long history of bigots comparing homosexuality to pedophilia, bestiality, and necrophilia.  it is bigotry at its worse.  as if the true love that two consenting adults feel towards each other is no different than abusive sex with an unconsenting child, animal or dead person.

why are we so passionate about this?  because it is about love.  the love that I feel towards the one that I want to marry is just as real and intense and valid as the love that you feel towards the one that you want to marry.

Let me get this straight. Proponents of this social change have been doing everything possible to bootstrap their issue to blacks and civil rights for years yet have to be in perfect control of any comparison made about them?! It's silly and no one owns the language on issues.

As far as love goes.. I can't call total bullshit but we both know there are bigger societal issues associated with changing the actual legal definition of marriage. If it were simply about love people wouldn't need the state's recognition. Society doesn't run on love and there are probably reasons beyond bigotry, homophobia, zealotry, etc... that people may be averse to the idea.

I think people are nursing the fantasy that legalizing gay marriage will magically make homosexuality OK socially. That would be like thinking the civil rights act of 1964 eliminated racism. Changing the law doesn't automatically mean society will change.

To quote Mr. Spock: "Having is not so great a thing as wanting. I know it isn't logical, but it is very often true." Can't remember the year. :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2008, 01:47:27 PM »
If it were simply about love people wouldn't need the state's recognition. Society doesn't run on love and there are probably reasons beyond bigotry, homophobia, zealotry, etc... that people may be averse to the idea.

It's about money, true.

But larger than that is perpetuating the notion that a person is less a person than you simply because they're different.

What I don't get is the Yes on 8 crowd's commitment to perpetuating prejudice in that manner.  And if you're going to stand for something, own it - don't back down and claim it's not your fault when you're trying to train kids that fags are something that must be 'tolerated'.

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2008, 02:05:16 PM »

not at all.  based on several arguments discussed here, some people are.  everything
you've said is almost completely true and I can't really disagree with you. 
you're right, society isn't based entirely on love and "it" isn't completely about
love.  A big part of it is about equality. 

the one thing you're wrong about is about it being "ok" in society.  they don't want
acceptance. they want the same rights as everyone else.  sure, racism wasn't eliminated,
but who cares? they got the rights they wanted.  it's not about how it affects straight
families, it's how it affects homosexual families.  they want the rights.

I don't want to offend you.  I actually really enjoy a lot of your posts and respect you
as an intelligent and well-spoken individual.  however, we, as straight people, can't
think of this as something that is going to affect us or change our lives.  they just want the
same as what we have. 
milk milk lemonade a

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2008, 02:09:43 PM »
I think people are nursing the fantasy that legalizing gay marriage will magically make homosexuality OK socially. That would be like thinking the civil rights act of 1964 eliminated racism. Changing the law doesn't automatically mean society will change.

psst.   homosexuality is already ok in many parts of society

young people coming of age and old people dying off is usually how society changes.    and just like young people have less of a problem with a black president, they are much more supportive of gay rights.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »
None of you read deep enough, LOL! I don't believe being gay is a bad thing.

By "OK", "Normal" or typical, I mean people want to feel less like outsiders in comparison to mainstream society. That's why my opinion is that people will ultimately be disappointed when gay marriage is finally legal. 'Recognition' by the state, me or anyone else isn't going to make sweeping changes on how gays view the world.

By 'OK', I meant okay for gay people and a significant change in how they relate to themselves and the world.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »
None of you read deep enough, LOL! I don't believe being gay is a bad thing.

By "OK", "Normal" or typical, I mean people want to feel less like outsiders in comparison to mainstream society. That's why my opinion is that people will ultimately be disappointed when gay marriage is finally legal. 'Recognition' by the state, me or anyone else isn't going to make sweeping changes on how gays view the world.

By 'OK', I meant okay for gay people and a significant change in how they relate to themselves and the world.
I don't believe being gay is normal, just like being left-handed isn't normal. To be normal is to be part of the norm. Hell I'm a lefty and the world is made for right-handed people.  >:(
Differences are what make live interesting. People shouldn't be punished for differences as long as they are not hurting anybody. IMO
A

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2008, 04:45:59 PM »
drkaje, you say we're not reading deep enough, but i don't believe you are.  gays don't want to be accepted. THEY ALREADY ARE.  they're fine with themselves. they have their support systems.  they could give a rat's freckled ass about what the fag-hater thinks of them.  ALL they want to do is be able to get married.  getting married doesn't signify 'acceptance' to them. it just means they can get married like everyone else!! they know people hate them, and they know the people they actually care about love them.  equal RIGHTS...not equal acceptance.  sheesh  i guarantee you the first fag you see on the street corner has 10x the friends any of us do.  those mofo's know how to network!
milk milk lemonade a

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »
drkaje, you say we're not reading deep enough, but i don't believe you are.  gays don't want to be accepted. THEY ALREADY ARE.  they're fine with themselves. they have their support systems.  they could give a rat's freckled ass about what the fag-hater thinks of them.  ALL they want to do is be able to get married.  getting married doesn't signify 'acceptance' to them. it just means they can get married like everyone else!! they know people hate them, and they know the people they actually care about love them.  equal RIGHTS...not equal acceptance.  sheesh  i guarantee you the first fag you see on the street corner has 10x the friends any of us do.  those mofo's know how to network!

I'm no expert, LOL!

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
haha yeah sometimes i'm ashamed to say that i AM an expert. 
that's what happens when your sister is with a famous lesbian.
well...famous in the business world at least.  they get me
involved in a lot of political functions as well as a lot of jobs
in national gay-owned business.   *Sigh*
straight...good-looking...and gay-supportive.....they use me
like an ambassador. 
milk milk lemonade a

bigj2k3

• Getbig II
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2008, 06:02:16 PM »

Two gay people can have a quite ceremony in their backyard and nobody gives a shit.  The problem is being legally married.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2008, 06:03:40 PM »
like an ambassador. 

most of the straight people I have known who have befriended gays have benefited greatly, whether it is a job or getting invited to the best parties and clubs. Thats why I just figure the haters are only hurting themselves. This is true at least in big cities.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:04 PM »
i would hug that bitch from behind.

haha

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2008, 07:15:49 PM »
like an ambassador. 

It was a gay joke, LOL!

I'll be less subtle next time. :)

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2008, 07:19:39 PM »
i understood that it was a joke.  and i was explaining why i know a lot about the issue.  gay people don't really expect straights to understand a lot of that stuff. and even though it was a joke, what you said was still true.
milk milk lemonade a

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2008, 07:35:20 PM »
i understood that it was a joke.  and i was explaining why i know a lot about the issue.  gay people don't really expect straights to understand a lot of that stuff. and even though it was a joke, what you said was still true.

I more or less figured you had first hand experience. :)

At any rate, I sort of doubt the world will come to an end with either change. People will overreact and in the long run things will probably end up about the same as they are now with the exception of divorce. New York recognizes same sex marriages performed in other states but there may be people who try filing outside of their licensed states.

If all else fails, maybe people uninterested in marriage could sell their rights.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »
Two gay people can have a quite ceremony in their backyard and nobody gives a shit.  The problem is being legally married tax breaks.
;D ;D ;D
A

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »
haha...yeah..i have to dissappoint a lot of men in that community.  *Shrugs*  no dark side for me. not now, not ever.
the thing that gets me is i just don't understand what opposers have to lose by letting them get married?
some people act like letting gays wed means their own marriages won't be valid anymore. wtf?  how does it affect those people?  
a lot of the mormons are explaining this by saying that if they're allowed to marry then that means they'll have to teach it to children in school.  *gasp*  !!!  
milk milk lemonade a