Author Topic: Drug testing knowledge.  (Read 1828 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Drug testing knowledge.
« on: November 17, 2008, 06:05:58 PM »
I have proposed a drug test for the winner of MGB (if most people vote for it). 

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=247438.0

If you guys have any experience with testing: like knowing what to request from a lab to make the test effective without being crazy expensive, please offer your advice.  Thanks guys.

4thAD

Re: Drug testing knowledge.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 06:52:54 PM »

If you guys have any experience with testing: like knowing what to request from a lab to make the test effective without being crazy expensive, please offer your advice.  Thanks guys.

If you test one competitor test them all! Otherwise its just bull shit!

Exal

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:20:17 AM »
problem is, if he's been smart enough to end his cycle so he would be out of the detection time then no test will catch him

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:33:42 AM »
If you test one competitor test them all! Otherwise its just bull shit!

I don't think there's enough money in the pot to test them all, 4th.  If everyone was going to get tested, they'd have to pay for it themselves and it would kill the show for sure.

I agree that a 2nd place finisher could be enhanced as well, maybe even more than the winner but with worse genetics or bad habits, but testing the winner would at least throw some fear into it for the guys who are thinking about juicing hard.

problem is, if he's been smart enough to end his cycle so he would be out of the detection time then no test will catch him

That's what I was hoping you guys could discuss some more.  I'm guessing long ester injectables won't be a problem to pick up, but do short esters (testosterone and other compounds like NPP) and orals like Anadrol leave metabolites that take longer to clear?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 07:20:43 AM »
I know how to beat every test except one.

I'm sure he does as well, it's pretty common knowledge these days.

The unbeatable test costs over a grand and needs to be issued through an Olympic drug czar.

Fat chance.

He cheated and won, made a disaster out of this contest.

Complete mockery of the system.

8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:38:10 AM »
I know how to beat every test except one.

I'm sure he does as well, it's pretty common knowledge these days.

The unbeatable test costs over a grand and needs to be issued through an Olympic drug czar.

Fat chance.

He cheated and won, made a disaster out of this contest.

Complete mockery of the system.

8)

There's 2 grand in the pot from which I propose to deduct the cost of the testing.  I'm prepared to do the legwork to find a lab reasonably close to Aquillies to test him, get a quote from them, liaise with MGB organizers, Aquillies, and the lab, and report progress to the board.  I once said I didn't really care about the MGB, but this contest has left a bad taste in my mouth.  If my threads on the G&O don't get the votes tho I'll shut up about it at 4pm Wednesday EST.

Are you talking about the use of masking agents?  If those are detected I'd call him guilty, same as any sporting organization would.  Can't we also draw conclusions from LH levels in comparison to T levels?  Btw, I'm talking about a blood test, not urine.  We can't get away for under a grand?!  Shit!

I know it's a long shot but the MGB organizers need to come up with something more than the honor system, but they were all content to shrug their shoulders and not give it any thought.  This shit needs to be resolved, if only for next year's comp.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 07:43:33 AM »
There's 2 grand in the pot from which I propose to deduct the cost of the testing.  I'm prepared to do the legwork to find a lab reasonably close to Aquillies to test him, get a quote from them, liaise with MGB organizers, Aquillies, and the lab, and report progress to the board.  I once said I didn't really care about the MGB, but this contest has left a bad taste in my mouth.  If my threads on the G&O don't get the votes tho I'll shut up about it at 4pm Wednesday EST.

Are you talking about the use of masking agents?  If those are detected I'd call him guilty, same as any sporting organization would.  Can't we also draw conclusions from LH levels in comparison to T levels?  Btw, I'm talking about a blood test, not urine.  We can't get away for under a grand?!  Shit!

I know it's a long shot but the MGB organizers need to come up with something more than the honor system, but they were all content to shrug their shoulders and not give it any thought.  This shit needs to be resolved, if only for next year's comp.

There are masking agents that they cannot test for, but i doubt he would go that far, too expensive.

In order to test for EVERY single compound including masking agents, as only done in the Olympics, i'm sure Mindspin has connections to do this.

Trust me, there were drug users in the olympics this year and all the years before, some countries are way ahead of the game when it comes to masking.

Drugs are in every natural sport, some more than others.

8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »
There are masking agents that they cannot test for, but i doubt he would go that far, too expensive.

In order to test for EVERY single compound including masking agents, as only done in the Olympics, i'm sure Mindspin has connections to do this.

Trust me, there were drug users in the olympics this year and all the years before, some countries are way ahead of the game when it comes to masking.

Drugs are in every natural sport, some more than others.

8)

For sure, but this is just some bodybuilder juicing on his own.  He hasn't got a team of advisors and he's probably not an expert on hiding PED use or choosing PEDs wisely with a view to concealing their use.  Also, he didn't plan on getting tested.  I bet he's chock-full-o-deca & TE or Sus.  Besides, even if he passes the test it still beats just handing over the cash without at least trying to establish his status. 

The poll currently stands at 21 to 2 in favor of testing.  Almost no one believes this guy is clean.

What compounds would you advise testing for if we assume he isn't going to spend a lot on masking?  Or is a testing panel standardized for PEDs?  It's not like we need to test for EPO and shit like that tho.

4thAD

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 08:01:30 AM »
Isnt that 2grand his prize, and now suddenly you want to spend his $$ on testing. You should have had the testing done before the contest and had all competitors tested. This all sounds like a bunch of bs to me...

4thAD

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 08:03:23 AM »
For sure, but this is just some bodybuilder juicing on his own.  He hasn't got a team of advisors and he's probably not an expert on hiding PED use or choosing PEDs wisely with a view to concealing their use.  Also, he didn't plan on getting tested.  I bet he's chock-full-o-deca & TE or Sus.  Besides, even if he passes the test it still beats just handing over the cash without at least trying to establish his status. 

The poll currently stands at 21 to 2 in favor of testing.  Almost no one believes this guy is clean.

What compounds would you advise testing for if we assume he isn't going to spend a lot on masking?  Or is a testing panel standardized for PEDs?  It's not like we need to test for EPO and shit like that tho.

When he tests clean are you going to fork over the full 2g's or are you just going to rip off the clear winner.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 08:10:57 AM »

I agree with 4th, too little too late, but i understand your point because i feel the same way.

There is no telling what he is on, that is why i said there is only one full proof test. the average AAS test can be masked with Fina or a few other very common compounds and i assure almost everyone knows how to pass them. Shit he could be off AAS and jacked off Slin/IGF/HGH and we cannot test for that, most natural's go this route already.

It's not right for him to cheat, but according to Mindspin's rules, he is in the clear. sad but true, as long as he didn't admit to using in the last 12 months "on the internet" then he is considered clean...such bullshit, i know.

Plus with all this limelight on him now, i doubt he will accept any type of testing because he did follow the original rules. i don't think we can force him to be tested when the rules didn't call for it.

i'm with you on this, fuck i'll help pay for the test, but he did follow the loose rules and is in the clear, it's not like he signed any sort of paperwork or anything.

8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 08:14:17 AM »
Isnt that 2grand his prize, and now suddenly you want to spend his $$ on testing. You should have had the testing done before the contest and had all competitors tested. This all sounds like a bunch of bs to me...

In a perfect world I agree with you 4th, but the MGB is so small that the cost of testing each competitor would probably add up to more than the total prize money.

Yes, I propose that Progenex should withhold the $2000 and use a portion of it to pay for the test.  I originally thought about asking them for the testing $ on top of what they had already put forward, but that's asking too much.

Not saying every MGB winner should be tested.  Just when a vast majority of the board believes he cheated.  The judges made their decision but the board believes, by a huge majority, that they are in error.  I am simply proposing a 'check & balance' type system so that the voice of Getbig can't be ignored.  Otherwise they should call it Mr. Progenex.

Btw, I have learned a lot from your posts and really value your opinion man.  There's usually some truth that can be wrung from debate, so please post your thoughts here:

and maybe we can discover a way to keep this kind of stuff from happening next year.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 08:18:45 AM »
When he tests clean are you going to fork over the full 2g's or are you just going to rip off the clear winner.

Haha.  No.  I made it clear in my original post that I'm not putting up any cash and no one else should either.

I'm just getting the opinion of Getbig together and planning to present it to MS & Progenex.  What they do from there is up to them. 

...Yes, I know they'll probably say they don't give a rats.

I agree with 4th, too little too late, but i understand your point because i feel the same way.

There is no telling what he is on, that is why i said there is only one full proof test. the average AAS test can be masked with Fina or a few other very common compounds and i assure almost everyone knows how to pass them. Shit he could be off AAS and jacked off Slin/IGF/HGH and we cannot test for that, most natural's go this route already.

It's not right for him to cheat, but according to Mindspin's rules, he is in the clear. sad but true, as long as he didn't admit to using in the last 12 months "on the internet" then he is considered clean...such bullshit, i know.

Plus with all this limelight on him now, i doubt he will accept any type of testing because he did follow the original rules. i don't think we can force him to be tested when the rules didn't call for it.

i'm with you on this, fuck i'll help pay for the test, but he did follow the loose rules and is in the clear, it's not like he signed any sort of paperwork or anything.

8)

A lot of people seem to feel that way.  All we can do is show MS & Progenex what it is.  The situation highlights a need for a change in the way the MGB is run tho, even if it doesn't happen this time around.

4thAD

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 09:53:43 AM »
Hey Tapeworm brotha, don't take me wrong I'm not trying to start shit with you personally. You have been really cool over this whole scenario. The thing that pisses me off is anyone who looks good on this board is automatically accused of being on gear. I will keep my opinions to myself on how I feel, but there is no telling who used gear for preparation and who didn't. Aquiles would have owned any one of the competitors even completely natural as he def has the superior genetics. Dov could have easily used AAS in his contest prep and no one would ever know. It was def a pretty amazing transformation.(I am not accusing DOV in any way). MemberX could also have used, but I doubt it. The point is I don't think anyone of the competitors should be tested as they all lived up to the contest rules. Again anyone of these competitors could have used and no one would know. First time gear users do not suddenly blow up and look like body builders. They will def have some added size and strength, but the point is anyone could have used. Pay the man his 2g's and move on. Restructure the rules next time around.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 10:22:59 AM »
Totally agree.  I don't think Aquillies is the first user in the MGB comps by any means.  If I had to take a guess, I'd say the best truly natural physique in the comps so far was NeoSeminole last year, but again... only he knows for sure.

What gets to me is that most everyone disagreed with the decision not to dq.  Next year I reckon there should be a direct vote, straight from Getbiggers.  No BSing about who's on and who's not.  240 could set up a poll, and if you don't like a guy you score him down.  That way you've automatically got winners that were chosen by Getbig.  A true Mr. Getbig.

4thAD

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
That sounds like a plan. Maybe you guys could raise some GB $$ for future testing, and put it in the rules that if a test is mandated GB will pay for the competitor to be tested. I don't know how this would be done as the sample given would be pretty hard to track with an online contest. THen again its kind of fun to see a competitor like Aquiles lay down the smack down on some of the shit talkers, that claim they will own Mr. GB this year. All in good fun TW!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 10:42:55 AM »
i said the same in another thread, its either test for all competitors or no test.

4thAD

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »
i said the same in another thread, its either test for all competitors or no test.

I read where you said that. I was going to quote it and agree with you, but I forgot

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 04:32:45 AM »

We don't want natural bodybuilding. It's boring.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 06:10:51 AM »
We don't want natural bodybuilding. It's boring.

Maybe from an observer's point of view, but the guys who were killing the cardio and keeping the diet strict for months in preparation for the contest probably disagree, and they got screwed royally.

I'm not for or against the MGB being natty.  The main point is that the views of the posters of Getbig.com should be reflected in a contest of the same name.  If most people say to make it open instead of natty, so be it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 06:21:35 AM »
Maybe from an observer's point of view, but the guys who were killing the cardio and keeping the diet strict for months in preparation for the contest probably disagree, and they got screwed royally.

I'm not for or against the MGB being natty.  The main point is that the views of the posters of Getbig.com should be reflected in a contest of the same name.  If most people say to make it open instead of natty, so be it.

The natural clause is stupid to begin with. Zero way to enforce it. I wouldn't be surprised if every competitor had used steroids. Seriously. The winner was just the most obvious.

Why not instead  let the G&O forum vote which competitors should be allowed to enter? Active posters who contribute and aren't advanced competitors would get the most votes.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 06:41:01 AM »
The natural clause is stupid to begin with. Zero way to enforce it. I wouldn't be surprised if every competitor had used steroids. Seriously. The winner was just the most obvious.

Why not instead  let the G&O forum vote which competitors should be allowed to enter? Active posters who contribute and aren't advanced competitors would get the most votes.

The voting thing is where it's at.  Getbiggers would feel like the contest was their's, not just some event that they observe from afar and have no influence over, and it would make for a more popular show.  I'd like to see it taken a step further and let Getbig have a say in who wins.

This year it was drugs, maybe next year it'll be some other issue.  Bottom line is that when a huge percentage of the board raises an objection or an issue, the organizers should take action.

Agree the natty rule has been ignored for all 3 years.  Not going to mention names because it's not worth the bullshit and gunsmoke and it would just be my own speculation.