Author Topic: How Obama got elected  (Read 8055 times)

The Coach

Re: How Obama got elected
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »
1. You never answered my question.

2. We are talking about 1 person out the 500 or so that are there.

3. If someone consoders that torture, the what do they say about cops who use tasers? I'll take the water any day, any time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »
1. You never answered my question.

2. We are talking about 1 person out the 500 or so that are there.

3. If someone consoders that torture, the what do they say about cops who use tasers? I'll take the water any day, any time.

I repeat, any person who is against pouring water over someone's head who has knowledge about an impending terrorist attack is a true America hater and disgusting traitor. 

The mental disorder and derangement that would lead some on this board to be against waterboarding people who know about activities and plans that can result in the deaths of thousands of our citizens is just amazing.  In fact, if that is what we have come to as a country, than Al Aqueda has already won since it shows we are paper tigers and not willing to defend our nation.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2008, 09:45:51 AM »
Its beyond me why anybody cares about these people in Gitmo...actually i do know. They have never met them, never felt harmed or threatened, never served the country in any capacity. 911 and the war are something seen on TV or the internet. Wake the fuck up...these people hate us, they hate Barry...they hate the West. Waterboarding is the least we ought to be doing.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »
I repeat, any person who is against pouring water over someone's head who has knowledge about an impending terrorist attack is a true America hater and disgusting traitor. 

The mental disorder and derangement that would lead some on this board to be against waterboarding people who know about activities and plans that can result in the deaths of thousands of our citizens is just amazing.  In fact, if that is what we have come to as a country, than Al Aqueda has already won since it shows we are paper tigers and not willing to defend our nation.
So after WWII, we got it wrong when we found the Japs guilty of torture for waterboarding?

Torture doesn't work.  It's counter-productive yet you make your point by citing an episode of 24.

"I know torture works b/c Kieffer Sutherland tortured Peter Weller and he spilled the beans!"

Don't we 'beat' Al Qaeda when we stick to our principles?  Isn't that one of the goals of AQ, to ruin our country?  What better way to do that than destroying that which makes us the best place on the planet?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
So after WWII, we got it wrong when we found the Japs guilty of torture for waterboarding?

Torture doesn't work.  It's counter-productive yet you make your point by citing an episode of 24.

"I know torture works b/c Kieffer Sutherland tortured Peter Weller and he spilled the beans!"

Don't we 'beat' Al Qaeda when we stick to our principles?  Isn't that one of the goals of AQ, to ruin our country?  What better way to do that than destroying that which makes us the best place on the planet?

If you feel that it is a good thing allowing thousands of citizens to die in the name of sticking to ones principles in not pouring water over someones' head, you are really a disturbed person.

Let me ask you this, if your child were kidnapped and the police had in custody a co-conspirator who knew where your child was, would you object to them pouring water over the guys' head to get your child back???

The constitution is not a suicide pact with terrorists who would kill you and your family in a flash.  If you think for a second they respect your grand ideas, you are really misguided and living in an alternate state of reality. 

They laugh at us when we have these stupid arguments because it is only another sign of weakness.     

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »
If you feel that it is a good thing allowing thousands of citizens to die in the name of sticking to ones principles in not pouring water over someones' head, you are really a disturbed person.

Let me ask you this, if your child were kidnapped and the police had in custody a co-conspirator who knew where your child was, would you object to them pouring water over the guys' head to get your child back???

The constitution is not a suicide pact with terrorists who would kill you and your family in a flash.  If you think for a second they respect your grand ideas, you are really misguided and living in an alternate state of reality. 

They laugh at us when we have these stupid arguments because it is only another sign of weakness.     
Torture does not work.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/03/10/fbi-interrogator-tor.html

http://www.cvt.org/main.php/Advocacy/TheCampaigntoStopTorture/WhatCVTknowsaboutTorture

The Coach

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2008, 10:12:28 AM »

This is where you need to get it right and realize this is no war that has ever been seen. There are no uniforms to distinguish who the enemy is or isn't, there are no rules of war that they follow, you and everyone else against this war try to compare it to others, you can't.....period.

The Coach

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2008, 10:15:19 AM »
Torture does not work.

http://www.cvt.org/main.php/Advocacy/TheCampaigntoStopTorture/WhatCVTknowsaboutTorture

So let them go? right? We set up a new court system just for them, correct? and then what, they go to trial, find out they haven't been read their Miranda's and they get set free on a technicality?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2008, 10:24:31 AM »

This is where you need to get it right and realize this is no war that has ever been seen. There are no uniforms to distinguish who the enemy is or isn't, there are no rules of war that they follow, you and everyone else against this war try to compare it to others, you can't.....period.

So torture has gotten better with age.

You are not a conservative.  You are a radical right winger.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2008, 10:25:35 AM »
So let them go? right? We set up a new court system just for them, correct? and then what, they go to trial, find out they haven't been read their Miranda's and they get set free on a technicality?
Why would someone let go a suspected terrorist?

We should try them and then punish them.

Or we could take your tact and torture and kill our way to safety!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2008, 10:33:49 AM »
Torture does not work.

Im not saying it always works, but it might work when it is needed most.  

I am saying that I dont want our country hamstrung in the event that waterboarding became necessary for some reason in the event of an impending terrorist attack.  

Does torture work all the time, of course not.  But if it works just once, and that one time saves thousands of lives, we should not hesitate for a second.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2008, 10:54:59 AM »
Obama - unity and brotherhood

McCain - Terrorism fear greed

Obama = $600 million and 30 minute infomercial on eve of election in prime on every major network except CNN. 

The Coach

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2008, 11:22:47 AM »
Why would someone let go a suspected terrorist?

We should try them and then punish them.

Or we could take your tact and torture and kill our way to safety!

Because they would try them in a criminal court instead of a military tribunal. Again, define torture and then remember the taser analogy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »
Obama = $600 million and 30 minute infomercial on eve of election in prime on every major network except CNN. 

LOL... RNC could have put on just as spectacular an infomercial for mccain... except the $ stopped rolling in.

Obama had more money because he had more voters and more supporters.  Move on, dude.  More Americans wanted him to win.  Period.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »
 ::)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2008, 11:52:28 AM »
Because they would try them in a criminal court instead of a military tribunal. Again, define torture and then remember the taser analogy.
I did.

During World War II both Japanese troops, especially the Kempeitai, and the officers of the Gestapo,[54] the German secret police, used waterboarding as a method of torture.[55] During the Japanese occupation of Singapore the Double Tenth Incident occurred. This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.[56][57]

Chase J. Nielsen, one of the U.S. airmen who flew in the Doolittle raid following the attack on Pearl Harbour, was subjected to waterboarding by his Japanese captors.[58] At their trial for war crimes following the war, he testified "Well, I was put on my back on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out, one guard holding each limb. The towel was wrapped around my face and put across my face and water poured on. They poured water on this towel until I was almost unconscious from strangulation, then they would let up until I’d get my breath, then they’d start over again... I felt more or less like I was drowning, just gasping between life and death".[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding#World_War_II

And you saw the memo by Bush giving the go-ahead to use waterboarding.

It was a war crime then and it is now. 

I'm not going to respond anymore to this in this thread b/c it's off topic.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »
::)

Nice.  And look at all the democRATs.

You'll be dancing to his tune as well when universal healthcare hits the stage.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2008, 12:23:47 PM »
Nice.  And look at all the democRATs.

You'll be dancing to his tune as well when universal healthcare hits the stage.

We'll see.   :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2008, 05:00:11 PM »
He just forgave Lieberman.  He's making Clinton sec of state.  Slated to have several repubs on his cabinet.

He's 2 weeks into being president-elect.  He doesn't have any power yet.  But he sure is surrounding himself with people who will challenge him.  it's a good sign.

This isn't brotherhood/unity...this is simply more of the same partisan politics everyone plays. I swear, sometimes I wonder if there is some back room in DC where all these guys get together like pro wrestlers do and have a big laugh.

Torture does not work.

Wow!....Bullshit.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2008, 12:38:40 AM »

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2008, 04:27:44 AM »
 :)