Author Topic: Government stupidity - wasteful again  (Read 382 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Government stupidity - wasteful again
« on: November 18, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »
ATTLEBORO - A 74-year-old blind woman has been told a lien will be put on her South Attleboro home if she doesn't come up with a penny she owes on an outstanding utility bill.

"It would be fiscally irresponsible for me to have staff weed through the bills and pull out any below a certain amount," Marcoccio said. " And what would that amount be?"

According to the letter, the outstanding balance stems from a water and sewer bill from fiscal year 2008, which ran from July 2007 to July 2008.

Marcoccio said that before lien notices are sent out, the city sends out bills for the outstanding balance.

"My question is, how come it wasn't paid when the bills went out?" she said.

In the meantime, the city is holding firm on the amount due.

========================

Ok, this is why we have idiots running the city, and should be out of a job immediately.   

All they have to do is put a simple code in the system, saying that if the amount owed is less than $2, (costs of stamp, plus envelope, plus time to put the paper in the envelope, plus time to mail it and waste a person), then dont send out the bill, until it reaches above that amount.

DUH...

Instead, this idiot spends time, phone calls, public money, to persue a ONE cent bill.

Amazing.

Shit, I spent $2 of my time writing this.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Government stupidity - wasteful again
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »
Absolutely ridiculous.  Idiots.   >:(