Author Topic: 3 Best Backs in the HISTORY OF THE SPORT  (Read 71263 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: 3 Best Backs in the HISTORY OF THE SPORT
« Reply #775 on: March 19, 2009, 06:06:19 PM »
lol this is a new low level here
hulkster is arguing which ronnie looked better haha
it's not even ronnie vs dorian anymore it's ronnie vs ronnie for him

ain't the first time either lol Ronnie himself said his best Olympia showing was 1998 because his conditioning was ' spot-on ' Hulkster said he's wrong and he doesn't know what he's talking about lmfao

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #776 on: March 19, 2009, 06:07:17 PM »
ain't the first time either lol Ronnie himself said his best Olympia showing was 1998 because his conditioning was ' spot-on ' Hulkster said he's wrong and he doesn't know what he's talking about lmfao

hahah omg this guy really needs something else in his life

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #777 on: March 19, 2009, 06:08:45 PM »
hahah omg this guy really needs something else in his life

Check is last posts EVERY single one without exception is the same fucking topic , he's evaluating Ronnie's ass cheeks from year to year now and deciding which one was more ' improved ' fucking kid needs to get a g/f or a b/f or something

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #778 on: March 19, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »
This is reality , Dorian just obliterating Ronnie and Arnold

This pic is scaled more accurately and I'll tell you why , Dorian's waist & hips are wider than Ronnie and their respective lat length is accurate and torso lengths , Dorian's back is eons better , in thickness , density and detail , Ronnie probably equals or comes close in width

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #779 on: March 19, 2009, 06:39:03 PM »
LOL check it out! ND is using a "comparison" made by ironagers from ironage.com!

hahahaa

::)

you are so dumb.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #780 on: March 19, 2009, 09:01:55 PM »
ND must be the most delusional fanboy ever. I don't understand how someone who hides behind a computer monitor and has never seen Dorian or Ronnie at their primes can argue that everyone at Flex magazine and experts who have seen both compete are all wrong and he's right. :-\

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #781 on: March 19, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
Joe Weider - IFBB Co-Founder

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

Team Flex - http://www.flexonline.com/training/49

"We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever - unbeatable."

Lonnie Teper - MD, December 2005

"I've always said that it's too hard to compare athletes of different eras (then he names a few Mr. Olympias including Dorian). Still, it's hard to imagine that anybody who's ever stepped on a bodybuilding stage could have beaten Coleman. So I reserve the right to change my mind on this one. No offense to the rest of the champs - you were/are all truly amazing physique athletes - but Coleman has really taken it to the next level, as all magnificent conquerors do."

Tony Doherty - http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=270388.msg3803035#msg3803035

"Absolutely no question. The best ever, I have seen them and worked with them all. Seeing Ronnie in 2003 was like looking into the future!"

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

http://www.muscletime.com/news/contest-results/2007-mr-olympia-analysis

But wait! They are all wrong and ND is right. ::)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #782 on: March 19, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »
lol this is a new low level here
hulkster is arguing which ronnie looked better haha
it's not even ronnie vs dorian anymore it's ronnie vs ronnie for him

its never been ronnie vs dorian for anyone except for ND, Suckmyasshole, England and Icehole.

the rest of the bb community thinks there is no contest. Ronnie crushes him.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #783 on: March 19, 2009, 09:17:46 PM »

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

"We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever - unbeatable."

"I've always said that it's too hard to compare athletes of different eras (then he names a few Mr. Olympias including Dorian). Still, it's hard to imagine that anybody who's ever stepped on a bodybuilding stage could have beaten Coleman. So I reserve the right to change my mind on this one. No offense to the rest of the champs - you were/are all truly amazing physique athletes - but Coleman has really taken it to the next level, as all magnificent conquerors do."

Tony Doherty - http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=270388.msg3803035#msg3803035

"Absolutely no question. The best ever, I have seen them and worked with them all. Seeing Ronnie in 2003 was like looking into the future!"

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

great post.

ND is living in fantasy land.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #784 on: March 20, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »
ND must be the most delusional fanboy ever. I don't understand how someone who hides behind a computer monitor and has never seen Dorian or Ronnie at their primes can argue that everyone at Flex magazine and experts who have seen both compete are all wrong and he's right. :-\

No that title belongs to you and your fan-boy creations where Ronnie is Paul Bunyan , and how am I anymore hiding behind a computer than you? another stupid assessment by you.

you're a hypocrite because you're the genius who said outright Peter McGough is fla-out wrong when he said Ronnie was never harder or drier than Dorian EVER not in 1998/2001/2003 yet you said he's dead wrong and a medical doctor would agree with you lol

You said Dorian was wrong , Samir was wrong , Ronnie himself is wrong , among many other yet all of them all seen them both  ;) all you are is wrong , from Ronnie's peak showing to him being better conditioned than Dorian , to knowing how contests are judged , to your fan-boy ' comparisons ' you're just wrong and proven wrong by me at every turn and in the end you're reduced to following me around like the little puppy you are , you and Hulkster and fat Dave all have MY screen name in your sig because I own all of you . in the end you're reduced to trying to prove that Ronnie could beat Dorian and in the end Ronnie says he couldn't so in the end you have me owning you and well as your hero lol

I laugh at your stupidity  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #785 on: March 20, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
LOL check it out! ND is using a "comparison" made by ironagers from ironage.com!

hahahaa

::)

you are so dumb.

I know you can't touch the comparison it's self so you attack the creator lol epic failure and why? that was done by Shawn Perine who seen Ronnie & Dorian live and in person and he's unbiased

that is scaled accurately something boy-Neo could take a lesson in , Dorian's hips & waist are wider than Ronnie , torso lengths are accurate because Ronnie has a short torso , lat-length is accurate because Dorian's lats are lower , same with the traps , that is more accurate than ANYTHING you or your comrades ever posted I know it kills you because Ronnie is getting destroyed but that's reality , you posting a single close up shot of Ronnie and one far away from Dorian and claiming his back his ' paper thin ' isn't reality but hey it's not like you morons are reality based anyway  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #786 on: March 20, 2009, 12:57:13 PM »

Quote from Julian Schmidt, "FLEX" magazine, on the November issue, 1998:

"Now that Dorian Yates, the thickest, densest and most annealed bodybuider in history has retired, Ronnie has taken the opportunity to become the new stndard-bearer. Something unlikely to have happened, if Dorian still competed.

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Peter Mcgough

"These words should not be taken lightly, because no bodybuilder has ever been as hard and dry as the man who won six Sandows."

DESCRIBE DORIAN YATES: A close friend. Dorian is very intelligent, a great Mr. Olympia. He had the best side-chest pose and the thickest freakiest back I have ever seen.

Lee Priest

HOW DO YOU FEEL DORIAN WOULD FAIR AGAINST RONNIE COLEMAN NOW?

I think Dorian at his best (1993) would easily beat Ronnie. Dorian might not be as symmetrical as Ronnie, but all over he was more complete and in better condition at his best.

Samir Bannout who had one of the best backs mind you on Cutler 2001

Jay Cutler blows the other bodybuilders away with the crisp detail of his muscularity from top to bottom. He has superior calves, hamstrings and glutes. His back is detailed and big, but it does not match up well against Ronnie, who has the second-best back in the history of bodybuilding behind the great Dorian Yates

Ronnie has the second best back behind the great Dorian Yates

FROM MARKUS RUHL

October 2000, FLEX page 166   (notice how it is post 1999)

"DORIAN YATES HAD THE BEST BACK IN THE HISTORY OF BODYBUILDING.  HIS LAT SPREAD WAS UNBELIEVABLE.  HIS SIZE, MASS, AND CONDITIONING WERE PERFECT,"

But wait! They are all wrong and Neo is right. ::)

it works both ways you have quotes I have quotes ALL are opinions on a subjective matter for you claim somehow your quotes are right and mine wrong shows only how stupid you are , in the end what really fucks you is Ronnie himself saying outright definitively that he doesn't think he would be able to beat Dorian on multiple occasions , that's gotta suck  ;) lol the Greatest Bodybuilder of All Time , most Olympia wins ( with Haney ) most pro wins , and he still feels he couldn't beat Dorian even in what you considered the Holy Grail 2003 lol in the end you have NOTHING keep trying to impress me kid that's all you can do is try.  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #787 on: March 20, 2009, 01:06:51 PM »
its never been ronnie vs dorian for anyone except for ND, Suckmyasshole, England and Icehole.

the rest of the bb community thinks there is no contest. Ronnie crushes him.

Really? you need to get out of this site for a while go to ironage and type that debate in lol or bodybuilding.com , elitefitness , etc , why is it I have multiple quotes from different magazines ALL after Dorian retired asking who has the better back , who could beat who , how would Dorian fair? you've spent so much time bashing Dorian you're starting to believe you're own bullshit , plenty of people on this site alone think Dorian are better they just don't give a fuck enough to post it as much as me and others , you know how many PM's I have saying Ronnie would never beat Dorian? jesus people just don't give a fuck , and in the end what matters most is Ronnie Coleman himself lol and what does he have to say on the subject?  ;)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #788 on: March 20, 2009, 02:47:05 PM »
 One constant point from magazine writers is that no bodybuilder has played the size game as well as Dorian. Most bodybuilders lose too much in terms of muscle quality and proportions when they gain in weight, but not Dorian. Ronnie at 280+ lbs was a pregnant female water buffalo; Dorian still had density and proportions. Dorian's bones are bigger, so it's not surprising. Yates is probably the only bodybuilder of average stature who carried a legitimate 280+ package.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #789 on: March 20, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »
ND's father-figures Weider and McGough keep raining on his parade lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #790 on: March 20, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
ND's father-figures Weider and McGough keep raining on his parade lol

It doesn't help your case when the pics you post show how much better Yates was despite the fact the top pic is NOT even scaled correctly , sorry sport they don't have the same length torsos , lats and traps this is reality

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: March 20, 2009, 03:01:02 PM »
It doesn't help your case when the pics you post show how much better Yates was despite the fact the top pic is NOT even scaled correctly , sorry sport they don't have the same length torsos , lats and traps this is reality

No scaling issues here sherlock. I love this pic because Yates is getting blown off the stage on width and taper. Not even close.

Thanks for playing. Weider and McGough were right about Coleman's dominance. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #792 on: March 20, 2009, 03:03:52 PM »
No scaling issues here sherlock. I love this pic because Yates is getting blown off the stage on width and taper. Not even close.

Thanks for playing.

NO scaling issues true , however moron Dorian is the far left not a true side-by-side comparison , THIS IS from the same contest both dead on what's your excuse this time?  ;)

I agree it's not even close , Dorian's destroys him in ALL aspects of the back

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #793 on: March 20, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »

Thanks for playing. Weider and McGough were right about Coleman's dominance. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh so now you love Weider? and McGough?  ::) epic backpeddling , so when it suits your purposes they're right and when it doesn't they're wrong , more proof of your intellectual bankruptcy needless to say there will be no bail-out for you

What's funny is that's from a contest Dorian DOMINATED and Ronnie was a distant 6th lol thanks for playing 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #794 on: March 20, 2009, 03:17:38 PM »
dorian dominated a mid 90's ronnie.

so did everyone else.

hope you realize this.

no one dominates Ronnie the Mr. O when he was in shape, including dorian..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #795 on: March 20, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »
ironage and ND both fear good shots of Ronnie's relaxed back:
Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #796 on: March 20, 2009, 04:55:52 PM »
dorian dominated a mid 90's ronnie.

so did everyone else.

hope you realize this.

no one dominates Ronnie the Mr. O when he was in shape, including dorian..

no he does not.  hope you realize this.

no need to post another picture of ronnie's digitally enhanced mm to one of dorians from a mag 15 years ago.

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #797 on: March 20, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »

no he does not.  hope you realize this.

no need to post another picture of ronnie's digitally enhanced mm to one of dorians from a mag 15 years ago.

Relax it's ok if the construction worker doesn't stack up.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #798 on: March 20, 2009, 06:45:59 PM »
 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away