Author Topic: Cool stories about Bill Pearl.  (Read 5329 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Cool stories about Bill Pearl.
« on: November 19, 2008, 12:44:38 PM »
First one. Heard yesterday by gym owner.

Every single person i know or read about that has met Bill Pearl says he is an absolute gentleman. Anyway my gym owner knew him personally and would meet up with him at the Mr Universes in the 60's. Victor, the gym owner went to around 20 Mr Universes only stopping in the early 90's.

Anyway Victor was saying that apparantly just before Bill retired he issued a challenge to Sergio, Arnold and a few other top names for the last competition. Arnold due to 'weider commitments' was unable to attend. The rest did.

Sergio thought he would win easily and was furious when he placed second to Bill Pearl. He went behind the curtain and threw the trophy on the ground in disgust. Bill told him to pick it up. Sergio then said something like "why the fuck should I" or something along those lines. Bill while keeping calm said, pick it up. He said no again. Apparantly it started to get heated and Victor and Ivan Dunbar (i think) were discussing what to do if it kicked off. They both laughed saying that they were on noones side lol

Anyway apparantly Bill walked up and grapped Sergio by the arm and looked at him right in the ey and said "we are representing america here. You walk over pick up that trophy and your gonna smile when we go out there for our thank you's" He just said this calmluy and stared at sergio when he said this. Sergio did nothing about this.

Then when the time came he did walk out and smile waving etc. Bill Pearl then having recieved a round of applause then continue to bend nails, horseshoes and rip license plates.

Vic said that once horsing around Bill grapped hi and said it scared him the strength he had. Said every single finger was like a vice digging into his skin.

I have another one if ya's like

Balloon

• Getbig III
Re: Cool stories about Bill Pearl.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »

I think just the 1 is probably enough  ;D

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:15:07 PM »
moosejay and coach have a lot of Bill Pearl stories ;D
Thunderdome approved

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »
moosejay and coach have a lot of Bill Pearl stories ;D

yeshhhh

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 01:18:29 PM »
Was Pearl really a fudge packer?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »
Was Pearl really a fudge packer?
what is a fudge packer exactly?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 01:20:44 PM »

a black football player who plays for Green Bay

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »
its been alluded that he would sometimes take a trip up the chocolate highway, moosejay and coach went on a few of those trips
Thunderdome approved

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »

Every single person i know or read about that has met Bill Pearl says he is an absolute gentleman. Anyway my gym owner knew him personally and would meet up with him at the Mr Universes in the 60's. Victor, the gym owner went to around 20 Mr Universes only stopping in the early 90's.

Anyway Victor was saying that apparantly just before Bill retired he issued a challenge to Sergio, Arnold and a few other top names for the last competition. Arnold due to 'weider commitments' was unable to attend. The rest did.

Sergio thought he would win easily and was furious when he placed second to Bill Pearl. He went behind the curtain and threw the trophy on the ground in disgust. Bill told him to pick it up. Sergio then said something like "why the fuck should I" or something along those lines. Bill while keeping calm said, pick it up. He said no again. Apparantly it started to get heated and Victor and Ivan Dunbar (i think) were discussing what to do if it kicked off. They both laughed saying that they were on noones side lol

Anyway apparantly Bill walked up and grapped Sergio by the arm and looked at him right in the ey and said "we are representing america here. You walk over pick up that trophy and your gonna smile when we go out there for our thank you's" He just said this calmluy and stared at sergio when he said this. Sergio did nothing about this.

Then when the time came he did walk out and smile waving etc. Bill Pearl then having recieved a round of applause then continue to bend nails, horseshoes and rip license plates.

Vic said that once horsing around Bill grapped hi and said it scared him the strength he had. Said every single finger was like a vice digging into his skin.

When Bill Pearl issued this challenge, Arnold admitted that had he competed against Bill Pearl at that time, Arnold even in his best shape would have lost.

I have seen a picture from this time and Bill Pearl is not only massive by very lean and impressive looking.  I will try to dig it up.

Great story.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »
Bodybuilder Richard Baldwin from Ironage.us had this to say:

Absolutely!  Bill announced he was challenging all the greats a year ahead of time!  He didn't sneak in at the last minute.  He beat Frank Zane, Sergio Oliva, Reg Park, Boyer Coe, and a host of others.  Weider was so afraid of Pearl he didn't let Arnold enter! 
  I might have said Arnold, but he didn't look as good as his last contest and so many people who saw the contest thought he shouldn't have won.  Ditto with Franco's win (an even more questionable win from witnesses I've heard talk about it).  Yet, from the photos I've seen, I wouldn't question either win as fixed.  I think I would have had to be there to speak with any authority on the subject.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »
Cheers adam. I have one about him eating a 23egg (dont ask why 23) omelette and a 'yin'/pan loaf and a small chicken at one sitting

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »
Richard Baldwin looked great as well.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »
From what i hear Bill was astounding looking in person....so Huge.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 01:37:12 PM »
 ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 01:39:15 PM »
Here are pics from the show your friend was referencing.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »
Red X  for me.

My friend also trained Junior Britain, Mr Britain and Mr Universe Bill Richardson

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 01:48:45 PM »
:-X
A very bad man

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »
Where is BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT with his story on how Bill Pearl got all gay at the gym one time and banged out Tom prince ???
L

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
Crazy huge arms

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 01:53:21 PM »
See if this works.

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
See if this works.

In all the pics from the 60's and 70's they had that good light that created shadows and made them look huge.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 01:58:06 PM »
Pros cant suck in thier stomachs like that no more....i wonder why ?
L

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 01:59:02 PM »

Every single person i know or read about that has met Bill <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='pearl';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E21&ss=Pearl">Pearl</a> says he is an absolute gentleman. Anyway my gym owner knew him personally and would meet up with him at the Mr Universes in the 60's. Victor, the gym owner went to around 20 Mr Universes only stopping in the early 90's.

Sergio thought he would win easily and was furious when he placed second to Bill <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='pearl';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E21&ss=Pearl">Pearl</a>. He went behind the curtain and threw the trophy on the ground in disgust. Bill told him to pick it up. Sergio then said something like "why the fuck should I" or something along those lines. Bill while keeping calm said, pick it up. He said no again. Apparantly it started to get heated and Victor and Ivan Dunbar (i think) were discussing what to do if it kicked off. They both laughed saying that they were on noones side lol

Bill Pearl is the only person that Victor has ever said anything nice about. I reckon he has a man-crush on him

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 02:00:47 PM »
Haha thats actually true!