Author Topic: THE BIZARRE BODYBUILDING.COM SUICIDE KID AFFAIR - The one and only thread  (Read 35896 times)

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
Re: THE BIZARRE BODYBUILDING.COM SUICIDE KID AFFAIR - The one and only thread
« Reply #375 on: November 23, 2008, 06:22:51 AM »
You have got to be kidding me.
Got a problem?

Come and say it to my face
$

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: November 23, 2008, 08:00:15 AM »
NYC Daily News put this story on the front page,,,the are calling the posters in that thread  'internet creeps'...They published
peoples posts in the fuckin paper! 

http://www.nydailynews.com/

"Biggs' father, Abraham Sr., said both the Web site operators and the sick voyeurs who watched his son die share blame in the tragedy."

JoeVoter Nov 22, 2008 11:58:19 AM Report Offensive Post
"Just a small sample of the thread topics currently active on the bodybuilding.com site. What is a alcoholic good drink to play drinking games with? would you accept AIDS if you had full immunity with the gov't on jailbait?? Hey bro I'm pretty sure Abraham was shot in the back of the head Facebook stalking help required So you stupid little turds finally fukced the place over huh? What a nice positive corner of the internet! BB.com should be held accountable to monitor the behavior of its posters. "

I bet his "father" is an addict too.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #377 on: November 23, 2008, 08:09:25 AM »
playing the blame game again  ::)
his son was an idiot, maybe he should have been raised better
here some kid ran away on thanksgiving cuz his parents wouldn't let him play a video game
for weeks everybody, his parents, the police, volunteers looked for him
his parents put up 50,000 of their own money for who ever found him
and he was finally found dead
apparently he climbed a tree and fell chest first right on to the ground  and died
if your kid runs away for something that stupid, you should raise them better

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #378 on: November 23, 2008, 08:13:45 AM »
looks like some people are willing to even whack themselves just to get the attention....

stupid

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #379 on: November 23, 2008, 08:26:52 AM »
these gorillas off themselves in record numbers.  at least this one didn't take anyone with him.

i feel no pity.  he's a selfish prick who offed himself not thinking of the devastation he'd bring to those around him.
Deep Tissue Massage

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2008, 08:30:02 AM »
looks like some people are willing to even whack themselves just to get the attention....

stupid

this could be a magic sigil once performed at the vatican on teh falcons crest , or dragon god "marduk" in order to gain conscious awarness from on lookers giving' there attention in cosmic transfusion , this could be trickery at its finest to gain our compassion to his benefits?
A

sad2see

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »
I have been following this for a few days now. Since it happenede. Are there any new reports that you guys are aware? I watch here www.bodybuildingsuicide. com but nothing new since earlier today. This site seems to have lost intereset No?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2008, 11:49:56 AM »
I have been following this for a few days now. Since it happenede. Are there any new reports that you guys are aware? I watch here www.bodybuildingsuicide. com but nothing new since earlier today. This site seems to have lost intereset No?

why do you keep plugging your site here, I doubt your going to make any money off this tragedy.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »
he won't recover
T

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »

You really think anyone gives a shit about a dead negro?
E

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #385 on: November 23, 2008, 01:43:39 PM »
You really think anyone gives a shit about a dead negro?

Shit, man, I'm more worried about lunch.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »
the guy may be a jackass for doing that but he still has parents bros sisters whom go to a rough time.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #387 on: November 23, 2008, 07:00:07 PM »
Haven't there been at least three similar threads threatening suicide here that were immediately deleted?

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #388 on: November 23, 2008, 08:02:14 PM »
why do you keep plugging your site here, I doubt your going to make any money off this tragedy.

I would bet the house that he is someone from his family...I think they are trying to gather as much info as possible...

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: November 23, 2008, 09:11:58 PM »
I would bet the house that he is someone from his family...I think they are trying to gather as much info as possible...

hmmm, probably right...maybe trying to find the ones that egged the guy on....well I definitley feel sorry for the family and I have mixed feelings about
blaming the members and the moderator for his death...something has to be done, like some kind of visible policy on everyboard on what to do in a similiar situation.

250goal

• Getbig II
« Reply #390 on: November 23, 2008, 09:20:28 PM »
I read on Yahoo news today the father is "very upset with the broadcast".

He needs to sit down and analyze what HE DID WRONG with his kid, take responsibility, and move on.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #391 on: November 24, 2008, 04:23:38 AM »
I read on Yahoo news today the father is "very upset with the broadcast".

He needs to sit down and analyze what HE DID WRONG with his kid, take responsibility, and move on.

Agreed.

I read an article how he was complaining the "nobody did something". He should ask himself what he did wrong in the first place. I know it's a tough thing, but the parents and family shoving the resposibility for their kids death to some moderators of a message board is just absurd.

btw, psychologists say that there is no difference if you kill yourself on webcam or jump down a bridge or a house. Suicide committed in public aren't uncommon.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #392 on: November 24, 2008, 04:56:03 AM »
An attention whore to the bitter end. :)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #393 on: November 24, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »
hmmm, probably right...maybe trying to find the ones that egged the guy on....well I definitley feel sorry for the family and I have mixed feelings about
blaming the members and the moderator for his death...something has to be done, like some kind of visible policy on everyboard on what to do in a similiar situation.

Its an interesting topic for sure...When is it free speech and when is it not...If I tell someone to go fuck themselves till they die, in real life or on the net, and they do but die, is this not the same thing? Or go jump in a lake or off a bridge etc...

End the end, you have to be responsible for your own actions...The guys who egged him on didn't realize who they were dealing with i'm almost sure of it...And these guys will have to live with the guilt for the rest of there lives...I'm just not sure that the guilt they will be feeling is completely warranted...

I think its a selfish egotistical bastard who thinks they hold so much power that they can make other adults do something so drastic...Nobody holds that kind of power...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #394 on: November 25, 2008, 12:40:29 AM »
depression ruins lives,it gets ahold of all of us at some point imo,some people can cope better then others but its a shame that people take their own lives.no matter how bad things may seem now or how hopeless it will get better,it takes time.trust me,ive been there and the thought of killing myself flew through my head many years back when i was homeless,i lost my job and couldnt keep up and had no family to help me,i stuck it out though and the good lord showed me that its gonna get better and to hang tough,i did and today i have a beatiful wife and a healthy and handsome 2 year old son and 2 dogs all who love me very much.hang tough and youll get through anything life throws at you
R

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: November 25, 2008, 01:08:22 AM »
depression ruins lives,it gets ahold of all of us at some point imo,some people can cope better then others but its a shame that people take their own lives.no matter how bad things may seem now or how hopeless it will get better,it takes time.trust me,ive been there and the thought of killing myself flew through my head many years back when i was homeless,i lost my job and couldnt keep up and had no family to help me,i stuck it out though and the good lord showed me that its gonna get better and to hang tough,i did and today i have a beatiful wife and a healthy and handsome 2 year old son and 2 dogs all who love me very much.hang tough and youll get through anything life throws at you

congrats and picking youself up and getting through what you did, especially with no family...thats amazing.

Alex23

« Reply #396 on: November 25, 2008, 01:15:05 AM »

Quoted for Courage.

Truly inspirational bro.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #397 on: November 25, 2008, 01:38:02 AM »
thanks for the positive replies bull and alex,getbig can be a brutal website at times but i think overall that everyone here is good people,i was alittle hesitent about posting my last reply cause i know at times getbig can be alittle rough on guys showing a softer side,but if i can help one guy or girl alittle by what i wrote then its well worth getting torn apart by some members,i think alot of members here feel like this is a little community where we all have alot of similar qualities and interest,s,alot of us might not have anyone waiting for us to greet us when we get home from work or wherever and thats a empty feeling imo,getbig has been a great outlet for me and im sure many others when your having a not so great day,i always end up laughing my ass off from alot of these post.ive been through that and id rescue dogs from the streets and shelters and made them my family,when its all said and done love is love and it doesnt matter if it comes from a dog or person imo,it made me feel better and made me feel like somethings depending on me to eat and drink ect.have a great day everyone
R

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #398 on: November 25, 2008, 01:57:33 AM »
thanks for the positive replies bull and alex,getbig can be a brutal website at times but i think overall that everyone here is good people,i was alittle hesitent about posting my last reply cause i know at times getbig can be alittle rough on guys showing a softer side,but if i can help one guy or girl alittle by what i wrote then its well worth getting torn apart by some members,i think alot of members here feel like this is a little community where we all have alot of similar qualities and interest,s,alot of us might not have anyone waiting for us to greet us when we get home from work or wherever and thats a empty feeling imo,getbig has been a great outlet for me and im sure many others when your having a not so great day,i always end up laughing my ass off from alot of these post.ive been through that and id rescue dogs from the streets and shelters and made them my family,when its all said and done love is love and it doesnt matter if it comes from a dog or person imo,it made me feel better and made me feel like somethings depending on me to eat and drink ect.have a great day everyone

not to be all soft,,,but----If you had any idea the impact you have on one person--me--on here,....As you probably know, I have ohhh some mental health issues.  I think about suicide a lot, like at this very moment.  I dont think of it on purpose, it just creeps up in my head due to bipolar depression.  I have no desire to do it, my life is actually not that bad.  It's just this fuckin chemical imbalance sucks.  When I get pain in my chest or some area, I smile sometimes hoping I am having a heart attack or the end is near.  But I live with the hope that tomorrow will be a better day.  And the things you write 100% make me want to push past the depression and strive for more in life.  ESPECIALLY your love for animals, I have massive respect for that.  So ya, you do have an impact on someone out there, that being me.  I will always look forward to your words on here.

(yes cue the violins and gay comments now, it is getbig after all)  ;)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2008, 02:36:59 AM »
i rember one day many many years ago i was working out at a gym in north jersey,i remember a member who looked alittle depressed and he reminded me of myself years ago,anyway i started bullshitten with him whenever i saw him in the gym doing cardio or when he finished training.he was a great guy and had tons of good qualities to offer those around him,one particuler day something told me to ask him in  a very non chalont way,i probably spelled that word wrong but anyway,lol,he started opening up to me like you wouldnt believe,he told me the only reason he hasnt killed himself yet was cause i gave him some hope and encouragement,i was overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions,i said thanks for listening to me and for being brave and not takin the chicken way out,since we where in a gym i told him life is like a set of curls,you dont just quit in the middle of a set cause you feel alittle fatigue and pain,no,you keep going till you cant go no more,and in the end you grow bigger and better biceps.i told him that i needed a trainin partner,even though i like trainin alone,i just felt obligated to keep this cat alive.i felt like god had me on a mission and i would pray and read scripture asking god for the right words to say,ive never dealt with this scenario before,ive dealt with it years ago but it was on myself and not another person,the dude was young,21 or 22 at the time and was a very cool guy.one day he didnt show up to train so i flew right over his house and he answered the door crying,he said last night he almost swallowed a bunch of benzo,s and opiates but stopped because he said he kept remembering me telling him things were goin to get better,he slowly but surely got help and became more stable.his mom said he attempted a drug overdose 2 years prior to me meeting him but they saved him in time,he got better but alot of guys are goin through the same type of things as we speak,im not saying everyone who looks depressed is ready to kill themselves but it didnt cost me anything but alittle time to help this guy out,im not saying im a hero or anything and who knows maybe he wouldnt of killed himself anyway but id like to think i did save his life
R