Author Topic: THE BIZARRE BODYBUILDING.COM SUICIDE KID AFFAIR - The one and only thread  (Read 35907 times)

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
Re: THE BIZARRE BODYBUILDING.COM SUICIDE KID AFFAIR - The one and only thread
« Reply #400 on: November 25, 2008, 05:02:02 AM »
i rember one day many many years ago i was working out at a gym in north jersey,i remember a member who looked alittle depressed and he reminded me of myself years ago,anyway i started bullshitten with him whenever i saw him in the gym doing cardio or when he finished training.he was a great guy and had tons of good qualities to offer those around him,one particuler day something told me to ask him in  a very non chalont way,i probably spelled that word wrong but anyway,lol,he started opening up to me like you wouldnt believe,he told me the only reason he hasnt killed himself yet was cause i gave him some hope and encouragement,i was overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions,i said thanks for listening to me and for being brave and not takin the chicken way out,since we where in a gym i told him life is like a set of curls,you dont just quit in the middle of a set cause you feel alittle fatigue and pain,no,you keep going till you cant go no more,and in the end you grow bigger and better biceps.i told him that i needed a trainin partner,even though i like trainin alone,i just felt obligated to keep this cat alive.i felt like god had me on a mission and i would pray and read scripture asking god for the right words to say,ive never dealt with this scenario before,ive dealt with it years ago but it was on myself and not another person,the dude was young,21 or 22 at the time and was a very cool guy.one day he didnt show up to train so i flew right over his house and he answered the door crying,he said last night he almost swallowed a bunch of benzo,s and opiates but stopped because he said he kept remembering me telling him things were goin to get better,he slowly but surely got help and became more stable.his mom said he attempted a drug overdose 2 years prior to me meeting him but they saved him in time,he got better but alot of guys are goin through the same type of things as we speak,im not saying everyone who looks depressed is ready to kill themselves but it didnt cost me anything but alittle time to help this guy out,im not saying im a hero or anything and who knows maybe he wouldnt of killed himself anyway but id like to think i did save his life
Good stuff. Cool story man.
Even though people here act like assholes most of the time online (for comedy's sake), i honestly believe there are a lot of good "bros" around.
$

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #401 on: November 25, 2008, 05:06:52 AM »
Good stuff. Cool story man.
Even though people here act like assholes most of the time online (for comedy's sake), i honestly believe there are a lot of good "bros" around.

lol, same here.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #402 on: November 25, 2008, 05:38:10 AM »
The anonymity of the internets allows us to see the very ugly souls many people poses. Racist remarks, comments about the kid being a loser...
  When you read what people write from their hearts without fear of retribution, it's a miracle we haven't wiped each other out.
Too bad the young man felt like there were no other options :-\

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #403 on: November 25, 2008, 06:53:08 AM »
$

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #404 on: November 25, 2008, 02:36:57 PM »
i rember one day many many years ago i was working out at a gym in north jersey,i remember a member who looked alittle depressed and he reminded me of myself years ago,anyway i started bullshitten with him whenever i saw him in the gym doing cardio or when he finished training.he was a great guy and had tons of good qualities to offer those around him,one particuler day something told me to ask him in  a very non chalont way,i probably spelled that word wrong but anyway,lol,he started opening up to me like you wouldnt believe,he told me the only reason he hasnt killed himself yet was cause i gave him some hope and encouragement,i was overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions,i said thanks for listening to me and for being brave and not takin the chicken way out,since we where in a gym i told him life is like a set of curls,you dont just quit in the middle of a set cause you feel alittle fatigue and pain,no,you keep going till you cant go no more,and in the end you grow bigger and better biceps.i told him that i needed a trainin partner,even though i like trainin alone,i just felt obligated to keep this cat alive.i felt like god had me on a mission and i would pray and read scripture asking god for the right words to say,ive never dealt with this scenario before,ive dealt with it years ago but it was on myself and not another person,the dude was young,21 or 22 at the time and was a very cool guy.one day he didnt show up to train so i flew right over his house and he answered the door crying,he said last night he almost swallowed a bunch of benzo,s and opiates but stopped because he said he kept remembering me telling him things were goin to get better,he slowly but surely got help and became more stable.his mom said he attempted a drug overdose 2 years prior to me meeting him but they saved him in time,he got better but alot of guys are goin through the same type of things as we speak,im not saying everyone who looks depressed is ready to kill themselves but it didnt cost me anything but alittle time to help this guy out,im not saying im a hero or anything and who knows maybe he wouldnt of killed himself anyway but id like to think i did save his life

Excellent post, good to see there are some decent people around.

(Although some paragraph's would make it so much easier to read!!!)

;D ;D ;D

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #405 on: November 25, 2008, 04:26:21 PM »
People who think that suicide is a reasonable choice tend to be suffering a lot. Either physically or emotionally.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #406 on: November 25, 2008, 10:37:44 PM »

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #407 on: November 25, 2008, 10:47:14 PM »
i cried so hard my keyboard has just short-circuited

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #408 on: November 25, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »

why are you crying...?
No doubt about it...

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #409 on: November 25, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »
WTF?

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #410 on: November 25, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »
not to be all soft,,,but----If you had any idea the impact you have on one person--me--on here,....As you probably know, I have ohhh some mental health issues.  I think about suicide a lot, like at this very moment.  I dont think of it on purpose, it just creeps up in my head due to bipolar depression.  I have no desire to do it, my life is actually not that bad.  It's just this fuckin chemical imbalance sucks.  When I get pain in my chest or some area, I smile sometimes hoping I am having a heart attack or the end is near.  But I live with the hope that tomorrow will be a better day.  And the things you write 100% make me want to push past the depression and strive for more in life.  ESPECIALLY your love for animals, I have massive respect for that.  So ya, you do have an impact on someone out there, that being me.  I will always look forward to your words on here.

(yes cue the violins and gay comments now, it is getbig after all)  ;)

You would get so much out of reading the book "A New World" by Eckhart Tolle...After you read this, read it again and when you finish, read it again...Everytime you read it, it will talk on a new meaning...

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #411 on: November 25, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »

You would get so much out of reading the book "A New World" by Eckhart Tolle...After you read this, read it again and when you finish, read it again...Everytime you read it, it will talk on a new meaning...

did you see him on Oprah's webcast? monster 11" arms.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: November 25, 2008, 11:43:27 PM »

i didnt cry but yea it was touching...nice post Adonis.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: November 25, 2008, 11:45:12 PM »
did you see him on Oprah's webcast? monster 11" arms.

He is kind of a homely looking guy...Thank goodness for that...Much easier to hear what the fuck he is saying...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #414 on: November 25, 2008, 11:52:45 PM »
a man crying doesnt show weakness imo if its over an emotional thing,i really wouldnt dig seeing a 250 lb bodybuilder crying cause he pinched his finger or something,thats just being a pu33y imo.relationships go alot farther and smoother when your partner sees you have a sensitive and caring side,beauty and looks get old real quick and showing empathy is very attractive to females,a good women,someone youd marry will appreciate those qualities cause they know youll most likely be a very good father and husband
R

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #415 on: November 26, 2008, 12:00:53 AM »
i didnt cry but yea it was touching...nice post Adonis.
Here is another I find relevant.  I really wish I would have gotten the chance to help him via the internet or in some other manner.  Who knows, one of us could have saved his life.  He who saves one life, saves the world entire.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: November 26, 2008, 12:12:04 AM »
I think a person well into there 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's is much more telling because they really got a chance to process the world and then make a decision...

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: November 26, 2008, 12:38:39 AM »
Here is another I find relevant.  I really wish I would have gotten the chance to help him via the internet or in some other manner.  Who knows, one of us could have saved his life.  He who saves one life, saves the world entire.

that was nice.."Hold On", thats really what its all about for all of us.

I was on line here when the news had just broken out. I saw the vid of the cops breaking in, not sure how long that was after he had died but I cant help wondering  if only someone had only posted here when it was all happening.... some of us could have really stepped in to help...l'm sure our board would have done better.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #418 on: November 26, 2008, 01:04:16 AM »
your right bull,i believe as harsh and cruel getbiggers can be at times toward one another i think we would have made a much better effort at contacting the authorities either the police,website mods or even someone that might have known him or his adress,mostly imo getbig is just abunch of people with big hearts who at times get carried away with this internet stuff but deep down are good people willing to lend a helping hand if needed.like i said though,mostly,im sure there are people here that are really not the nicest people around but thats anywhere ya go,work,the gym,the mall,supermarkets ect,there are always gonna be a rotten apple or 2 in everybatch.i enjoy this website and the people on these boards,no matter how down i am i can always come on here and get a great laugh,this site is #1 imo
R

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: November 26, 2008, 01:14:40 AM »
your right bull,i believe as harsh and cruel getbiggers can be at times toward one another i think we would have made a much better effort at contacting the authorities either the police,website mods or even someone that might have known him or his adress,mostly imo getbig is just abunch of people with big hearts who at times get carried away with this internet stuff but deep down are good people willing to lend a helping hand if needed.like i said though,mostly,im sure there are people here that are really not the nicest people around but thats anywhere ya go,work,the gym,the mall,supermarkets ect,there are always gonna be a rotten apple or 2 in everybatch.i enjoy this website and the people on these boards,no matter how down i am i can always come on here and get a great laugh,this site is #1 imo

agreed...we'll just have to look out for one another here on out... :D

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #420 on: November 26, 2008, 01:22:09 AM »
It's ok nycbull, i'll keep an eye out for you... ;)
No doubt about it...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #421 on: November 26, 2008, 01:42:08 AM »
agreed...we'll just have to look out for one another here on out... :D

im always willing to listen to one of my getbig brothers if they need to bullshit and are dealing with some hard times,id feel pretty bad if someone on here was asking me to help keep them positive in a very trying time in their life and i ignored that person and they took their own life,no matter how much muscle we got or how much ass you can kick everyone needs someone to talk to.in this life if you could find a couple true friends,not phony friends but people that will do practiclly anything in your time of need,you are truelly blessed.the type of friends that will go pick you up at 2 in the morning if your car broke down and your stranded,those are the type of friends that are priceless,to keep those type of friends you also have to be there for them in the same way
R

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #422 on: November 26, 2008, 01:43:51 AM »
im always willing to listen to one of my getbig brothers if they need to bullshit and are dealing with some hard times,id feel pretty bad if someone on here was asking me to help keep them positive in a very trying time in their life and i ignored that person and they took their own life,no matter how much muscle we got or how much ass you can kick everyone needs someone to talk to.in this life if you could find a couple true friends,not phony friends but people that will do practiclly anything in your time of need,you are truelly blessed.the type of friends that will go pick you up at 2 in the morning if your car broke down and your stranded,those are the type of friends that are priceless,to keep those type of friends you also have to be there for them in the same way

You need to talk to Deicide...that guy ain't doing too good.  :-\
No doubt about it...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: November 26, 2008, 07:00:36 AM »
Here is another I find relevant. 

Don't mean to spoil the hugfest, but that is some really shitty suicide music.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #424 on: November 26, 2008, 07:44:38 AM »
You need to talk to Deicide...that guy ain't doing too good.  :-\

cool advice.

graciebj, you seem to be a lifesaver, please pm deicide.