Author Topic: WWE Releases Statement On Brock Lesnar's UFC Title Win  (Read 2839 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
WWE Releases Statement On Brock Lesnar's UFC Title Win
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:55:44 AM »
From WWE.com:

For Lesnar, the road to UFC gold proved surprisingly short. Within roughly six months, the former WWE Superstar climbed to the top of the ultimate fighting heap, capping his ascent with the upset victory over Couture.

Critics have noted that many of the fights on the UFC pay-per-view ended in the first round, leaving UFC producers scrambling to fill the three-hour event with content. The dearth of hearty competition left many viewers to watch less prestigious under-card fights and only served to bolster claims that UFC pay-per-view events can often be a "crap shoot" in regards to filling the full three hours.

For his part, Lesnar took the encouragment of the WWE Universe and the hard lessons forged during his fiery time at WWE and showed UFC and the world why he is not only a man of mettle but also a former three-time WWE Champion.

Props: Bloodyelbow.com

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: WWE Releases Statement On Brock Lesnar's UFC Title Win
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »
Youve gotta assume the WWE hates the UFC as it must be pulling loads of WWE fans away... 

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:09:10 PM »
...hard lessons forged during his fiery time at WWE...

What, getting screwed over by Vince?

And becoming WWE champ requires massive amounts of skill.  ::)

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:14:56 AM »
What, getting screwed over by Vince?

And becoming WWE champ requires massive amounts of skill.  ::)

At what point was he screwed over by Vince? was it the part where he made him the youngest champion, gave him a push most people could even dream of and also was the youngest and fastest person on the roster to make a 7 figure income?

Yup ol Vinnie fucked him over big time there.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 05:57:09 PM »
the WWE really needs to stop acting like having a championship over there is some kind of real-life sports accomplishment. as though brock won three times for reasons other than the management thought he was good talent and it was written into the script.

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 06:32:36 PM »
the WWE really needs to stop acting like having a championship over there is some kind of real-life sports accomplishment. as though brock won three times for reasons other than the management thought he was good talent and it was written into the script.

Ditto.  So much politics and exploitation going on.  Yes, you have to have tons of talent to get there, and politics are a fact of life, but WWF WWE vs. MMA-type skills, no comparison.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »
brock became heavyweight ufc champion almost overnight,,, i wonder how long it would take him to win the boxing equivelent?...im guessing never?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »
brock became heavyweight ufc champion almost overnight,,, i wonder how long it would take him to win the boxing equivelent?...im guessing never?

i dunno, how long would it take him to win a gold medal in the javelin or get 1st place in a billiards tournament? it's a different effing activity, who gives a shit what he'd do in boxing?

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »
At what point was he screwed over by Vince? was it the part where he made him the youngest champion, gave him a push most people could even dream of and also was the youngest and fastest person on the roster to make a 7 figure income?

Yup ol Vinnie fucked him over big time there.
If it was so great, why didn't he stay longer?  Awful short stay for making so much.  Possibly wanting to preserve his body?  His self-respect?  Surely you don't need examples of ppl who have lost the above for him.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 08:05:39 PM »
because he couldnt handle the road like most other guys - as for self respect that u claimed he has he wouldnt of signed a contract in the 1st place if he had any to start with. I still fail to see where he got screwed over though, do I agree with all the methods WWE have in place...no but bottom line was Brock couldnt handle the road and thats why he he bolted. In fact ince didnt have to give him his release to go play Football as he had another 2 years left but he chose to give him it regardless...screwing him over would have been to make him honour his contract knowing ful well he didnt want to wrestle anymore which he didnt.

Brock was well looked after in WWE and thats a fact.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
Wasn't there a huge court battle to stop him from competing in MMA? They came to an agreement and settled out of court......wonder if that has anything to do with them mentioning his name?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 11:59:14 PM »
because he couldnt handle the road like most other guys - as for self respect that u claimed he has he wouldnt of signed a contract in the 1st place if he had any to start with. I still fail to see where he got screwed over though, do I agree with all the methods WWE have in place...no but bottom line was Brock couldnt handle the road and thats why he he bolted. In fact ince didnt have to give him his release to go play Football as he had another 2 years left but he chose to give him it regardless...screwing him over would have been to make him honour his contract knowing ful well he didnt want to wrestle anymore which he didnt.

In addition, the money he made in the WWE allowed him to bring in top trainers and training partners who helped accelarate his progress.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 01:13:45 AM »
In addition, the money he made in the WWE allowed him to bring in top trainers and training partners who helped accelarate his progress.

Great genes + discretionary + desire=champions.  I know a dude in Hilo who can afford to go train with Freddy Roach, Fedor, Randy, Matt Lindland, and bring in just about anyone to train with him.  Charuto moved to HI to train with Reagan, JD, and BJ.  Must be nice. 

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 05:44:24 AM »

Screwed over is the wrong phrase, my bad.  Being expected to push your body past the breaking point is not right.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 05:57:38 AM »
Now that I can agree with ;)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 04:56:48 AM »
To win his first title he beat an un interested Rock who had his mind on Hollywood, but he proved himself, remember WWE is tougher than UFC as they fight 3 or 4 times a week!!!
Not 3 or 4 times a year like in the UFC.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »
To win his first title he beat an un interested Rock who had his mind on Hollywood, but he proved himself, remember WWE is tougher than UFC as they fight 3 or 4 times a week!!!
Not 3 or 4 times a year like in the UFC.

as unpopular as it is to agree, i do. i honestly believe being a pro wrestler is one of the hardest things one can do to one's body. these guys are pretty much on the road or in the ring year round.

some MMA fighters only go once or twice a year, and in the case of someone like fedor the fight was done in 30 seconds. compare that to doing weekly events, monthly PPVs, and two house shows a week where all your matches are going to be 10+ minutes nonstop. it's absolutely brutal on the body.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 01:43:33 AM »
then theres the training they need to do to keep in shape and lets not forget the travel and the additional appearences they have to make. I know a couple of people who work in WWE and they said its tough - no off season in the WWE!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 05:32:09 AM »
then theres the training they need to do to keep in shape and lets not forget the travel and the additional appearences they have to make. I know a couple of people who work in WWE and they said its tough - no off season in the WWE!

It's easy to see why pain killers and sleeping pills are so prevalent. Once you get an injury, even if it's minor, it doesn't get a chance to heal.