Author Topic: How is Fedor#1 with this record  (Read 14283 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
How is Fedor#1 with this record
« on: November 20, 2008, 01:58:43 PM »
Who has Fedor fought since 2004 that is anywhere near top 10 status  ::) Talk about over-hyped padded record.

Win      Tim Sylvia      Submission (Rear-naked choke)      Affliction - Banned      7/19/2008     
 Win    Hong Man Choi    Submission (Armbar)    Yarennoka - New Years Eve 2007    12/31/2007    
 Win    Matt Lindland    Submission (Armbar)    Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations    4/14/2007    
 Win    Mark Hunt    Submission (Kimura)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2006    12/31/2006    
 Win    Mark Coleman    Submission (Armbar)    PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal    10/21/2006    
 Win    Wagner da Conceicao Martins    Submission (Punches)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2005    
 Win    Mirko Filipovic    Decision (Unaminous)    PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005    8/28/2005
 Win    Tsuyoshi Kohsaka    TKO (Doctor Stoppage)    PRIDE - Bushido 6    4/3/2005    
 Win    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira    Decision (Unanimous)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2004    12/31/2004    

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: How is Fedor#1 with this record
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »
mma = hype

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »
mma = hype

Yea, but usually there is at least some vague explanation. This is almost as absurd as the Kimbo debacle.

nomogetsced

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
i just think its funny. ill bet if fedor stepped into the ring or cage with any top ten heavys he will probably be the one with his armed raised at the end of the bout. one question what would he have to do to prove it to you guys?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 02:51:05 PM »
i just think its funny. ill bet if fedor stepped into the ring or cage with any top ten heavys he will probably be the one with his armed raised at the end of the bout. one question what would he have to do to prove it to you guys?

All he has to do is actually fight top 10 guys several times a year like all the others. Then he might get the respect that he deserves. We can only speculate how good Fedor CURRENTLY is.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
i see three UFC heavyweight champions on that list (sylvia, coleman, nog), one pride phenom (crocop), and gigantic chinaman.

tell me, who should fedor have on his list that he hasn't beaten yet? what UFC phenomenon does fedor need to beat before he counts as "real" to you? ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 03:04:16 PM »
He's beaten pretty much every fighter of significance but Barnett (the only person that stands even a remote chance of beating him), his brother and the most overrated fighter on the planet in Randy Couture.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
i see three UFC heavyweight champions on that list (sylvia, coleman, nog), one pride phenom (crocop), and gigantic chinaman.

tell me, who should fedor have on his list that he hasn't beaten yet? what UFC phenomenon does fedor need to beat before he counts as "real" to you? ::)

All of these guys except Nog. are pretty much washed up. I want to see Fedor fight CURRENT top ranked fighters that are CURRENTLY top contenders. Don't get me wrong...Fedor is good, but you can't just ride the coat tails of the past and claim unbeatable status. What is the big deal with mentioning Crocop. We all know what happened when he tried to hang with the big boys. And Coleman...come on.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »

All of these guys except Nog. are pretty much washed up. I want to see Fedor fight CURRENT top ranked fighters that are CURRENTLY top contenders. Don't get me wrong...Fedor is good, but you can't just ride the coat tails of the past and claim unbeatable status. What is the big deal with mentioning Crocop. We all know what happened when he tried to hang with the big boys. And Coleman...come on.

are you for real?
Go Big Red!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »
Who has Fedor fought since 2004 that is anywhere near top 10 status  ::) Talk about over-hyped padded record.

Win      Tim Sylvia      Submission (Rear-naked choke)      Affliction - Banned      7/19/2008     
 Win    Hong Man Choi    Submission (Armbar)    Yarennoka - New Years Eve 2007    12/31/2007    
 Win    Matt Lindland    Submission (Armbar)    Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations    4/14/2007    
 Win    Mark Hunt    Submission (Kimura)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2006    12/31/2006    
 Win    Mark Coleman    Submission (Armbar)    PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal    10/21/2006    
 Win    Wagner da Conceicao Martins    Submission (Punches)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2005    
 Win    Mirko Filipovic    Decision (Unaminous)    PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005    8/28/2005
 Win    Tsuyoshi Kohsaka    TKO (Doctor Stoppage)    PRIDE - Bushido 6    4/3/2005    
 Win    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira    Decision (Unanimous)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2004    12/31/2004    

so who's #1 ?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »
so who's #1 ?

depends on how you define it

Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »
depends on how you define it

#1 generally means who you think is the best  !

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 06:42:49 PM »
#1 generally means who you think is the best  !

depends on how you define the best
Z

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 07:16:03 PM »

You had us going.  Good joke.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »
He's beaten pretty much every fighter of significance but Barnett (the only person that stands even a remote chance of beating him), his brother and the most overrated fighter on the planet in Randy Couture.

his bro ain't too shabby either. record's 13-2 or something like that?

as for why fedor doesn't fight more... who wants to fight him? the guy's record is 29-1 and he hasn't lost a fight in eight years. it's not like he can book a fight every other month, the list of people who want to get into the cage/ring with him is pretty damn small. tim sylvia was the last one and after he got embarrassed (keeping in mind it took couture 5 rounds to get him to a decision), i have a feeling not many people feel like going against 'im.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »

as for why fedor doesn't fight more... who wants to fight him? the guy's record is 29-1 and he hasn't lost a fight in eight years. it's not like he can book a fight every other month, the list of people who want to get into the cage/ring with him is pretty damn small. tim sylvia was the last one and after he got embarrassed (keeping in mind it took couture 5 rounds to get him to a decision), i have a feeling not many people feel like going against 'im.

Exactly. Most of these people need to keep their image of being the "best" around because a number of people don't know who Fedor is. If they find out that this guy went out and got blasted by some random Russian dude, then it wouldn't look too good for their image. Why fight him when you can avoid it and get paid to fight other mediocre fighters who are considered "elite."

Aleks is very good too and they've said before that they would eventually like to fight. I don't think he's in Fedor's league but he's got the skills to compete, without a doubt.

Not only that, but it looks like Fedor keeps getting better with every fight since he came back.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 08:37:39 PM »
another good point there.

people over here keep bitching about "he's fighting nobodies", just because they aren't UFC fighters. as hard as it may be to believe, there actually are other organizations out there, and fedor took out the best they all had. what heavyweight in the UFC is he avoiding? right now it's brock (who he'd crush), nog (a guy he's crushed twice), mir (see brock), and couture (who lost to brock) that were angling for the UFC heavyweight title.

who's left? barnett seems about it. he's going to fight arlovski in january, but is anyone expecting an upset there?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »
are you for real?

Dead serious. I am not saying Fedor is not good, he could possibly be top contender. But to be top guy, you need to show that you can continually defend your status by winning top competition several times a year like all the rest of the champions. Come on, he's now fighting  Sylvia and Arvloski? Arvloski lost Twice to Sylvia. See what I mean?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »
so who's #1 ?

Right now, who knows. I will consider the whomever wins this series Mir/Nog/Lesnar the best HW in the world CURRENTLY at that time. Fedor has every right to hold out on the UFC, but let's face it, not fighting on MMA's center stage will cost you status.

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 01:34:05 AM »
When he fought crocop they where the two best HW in the world.  Crocop probably juiced but nevertheless he was a top fighter at that time.
Crocop may be over the hill right now but was arguable a top two HW when they fought.
You mention Nog.  The dude was mauled by Fedor twice. He was and still is one of the best ever.
Hunt isn't a can neither. that dude has a concrete head and prior to their fight he beat Crocop and wanderlei silva.

And no one likes Sylvia but you can't deny he was the nr1 UFC HW less than a year before he squared of with Fedor.

skullfucking rules

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 04:21:24 AM »

so youre saying every good hw is afraid of fedor and his record? the only ones with balls are guys like Hong Man Choi and Wagner da Conceicao Martins?  ::)
what are they afraid of? he cant knock them out. he cant submit them, not if theyre any good. decision wins over crocop, nog and semmy schilt.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 04:25:43 AM »
When he fought crocop they where the two best HW in the world.  Crocop probably juiced but nevertheless he was a top fighter at that time.
Crocop may be over the hill right now but was arguable a top two HW when they fought.
You mention Nog.  The dude was mauled by Fedor twice. He was and still is one of the best ever.
Hunt isn't a can neither. that dude has a concrete head and prior to their fight he beat Crocop and wanderlei silva.

And no one likes Sylvia but you can't deny he was the nr1 UFC HW less than a year before he squared of with Fedor.

yeah he managed to beat crocop by decision.. nog by decision and submit mark hunt (in 8 minutes) but before that mark hunt was submitted by josh barnett in 2 minutes and after that he lost to overeem (submitted in 1 minute) thats 3 losses in a row for mark hunt all by submission... only fedor seems to have a problem with him the others submitted him almost instantly.
Z

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 06:15:37 AM »
last month in mma training i tapped out an mma pro with an undefeated record in less than a minute,  sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to get the submission, sometimes a newbie catches me with a fluke guillotine choke. 
The time it takes to beat someone is irrelevant, it depends in how long it takes a person to make a mistake and how good the other is at capitalising on it.

The winner makes the least mistake and takes full advantage of every little mistake the other makes.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 06:47:49 AM »
So for the ones saying Fedor needs to fight the top HW's......

do you think Fedor should fight Kongo, Gonzaga, Nog (who he has beat twice BADLY), Big Country, Ben, Who does he need to fight? Please tell because I am curious who is a top HW that he needs to beat to prove to the world that he is the best HW in the world.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 06:55:16 AM »
He needs to fight top guys all the time to prove his the best, you cant just fight most guys and then fight cans and say "well i fought that guy already 4 years ago" this is a developing sport, fighters evolve maybe they were injured at the time, different rules etc apply
Nobody can and should live on old merits they constantly need to get in there and battle it out to see whos is the current champ!
Z