Author Topic: Inside Lou Ferrigno Story From Craig Richardson's Training Partner  (Read 7969 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: Inside Lou Ferrigno Story From Craig Richardson's Training Partner
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »
LF's daughters

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 07:20:26 AM »
My neighbors are pretty good friends with Eric Estrada. He's been here a couple of times and stayed with them. He actually a pretty nice down to earth guy. OK, that's my version of a "Keith" story.  ;D
Not even close, it has to be real.  But I will let it go for now.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 07:24:09 AM »
    One of my hobbies is to collect old original movie posters and as such, I have a very good friend in Canada.  He recently put together a huge fund-raiser dinner party at the Long Island mansion of a guy named Richard Cohen.  The fundraiser took place on Saturday, September 6th, 2008.  The idea was to get as many celebrities to attend as possible.  Some of those who appeared included Adam West, Larry Hagman, Erik Estrada, Morgan Fairchild, Ed Asner, Cindy Williams, Joyce DeWitt, etc.Harley

So who would actually pay anything to dine with these emptied headed has beens?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 07:36:18 AM »
So who would actually pay anything to dine with these emptied headed has beens?
hahah i was thinking the same thing, paying money to eat a ham sandwich with Batman and Major Nelson.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 08:05:59 AM »
hahah i was thinking the same thing, paying money to eat a ham sandwich with Batman and Major Nelson.

LOL !!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 08:38:46 AM »
My neighbors are pretty good friends with Eric Estrada. He's been here a couple of times and stayed with them. He actually a pretty nice down to earth guy. OK, that's my version of a "Keith" story.  ;D

Oh yeah?  I'll take a crack at this Kieth Story thing.

Back in '94 me and some friends decided it would be fun to get stoned out of our minds and go to a Star Trek convention, but the leachy fuckers didn't have any weed of their own.  They smoked mine all day and I had enough of sharing the wealth.  I stepped outside and walked around the corner into the alley next to the Holiday Inn, leaned against the wall, and proceeded to smoke about 7/8 of a pretty good sized joint.

You know those unmarked steel doors on the sides of buildings with no handles on the outside?  One opened right next to me, toward me like it would have hit me if it kept on swinging open, and as it swung closed the man on the other side was none other than William Shatner.

Neither one of us seemed to know what to do.  He was obviously surprised there was someone in the alley and I was too stoned and surprised to think of anything to say so I just sort of gave him a droopy lidded stare which may have lasted anywhere from 2 seconds to 30 seconds.  I mean I was toasted.  I think he was a little frightened but mostly just uncomfortable.  He had 2 security guys behind him and they didn't know what to do either since I was just standing there staring at the man.  It went on long enough that all of us were wishing there was a handle on that door tho.

I remember this part very clearly - I decided I should shake his hand, but just as I was ready to extend my right hand I remembered there was a smoldering roach in it, so I executed this sort of quick 1/4 turn to the right and threw it away, believing at the time that he wouldn't notice anything.  Having disposed of the drugs, I held out my hand.  That porky fucker left it hanging there for awhile too, not that I can blame him.  Eventually he gave it a lightening quick shake, and I managed to spit out that he was good in Kingdom of the Spiders (a film which a friend had given me as a joke since it's Shatner at his absolute worst).

I think he said something like, "Uhhh thanks" before walking down the alley a limo that had come around the corner and was driving toward us.  Guess he was in a hurry to get in it.  And that's how I met William Shatner. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 08:40:43 AM »

Back in '94 me and some friends decided it would be fun to get stoned out of our minds and go to a Star Trek convention, but the leachy fuckers didn't have any weed of their own.  They smoked mine all day and I had enough of sharing the wealth.  I stepped outside and walked around the corner into the alley next to the Holiday Inn, leaned against the wall, and proceeded to smoke about 7/8 of a pretty good sized joint.

You know those unmarked steel doors on the sides of buildings with no handles on the outside?  One opened right next to me, toward me like it would have hit me if it kept on swinging open, and as it swung closed the man on the other side was none other than William Shatner.

Neither one of us seemed to know what to do.  He was obviously surprised there was someone in the alley and I was too stoned and surprised to think of anything to say so I just sort of gave him a droopy lidded stare which may have lasted anywhere from 2 seconds to 30 seconds.  I mean I was toasted.  I think he was a little frightened but mostly just uncomfortable.  He had 2 security guys behind him and they didn't know what to do either since I was just standing there staring at the man.  It went on long enough that all of us were wishing there was a handle on that door tho.

I remember this part very clearly - I decided I should shake his hand, but just as I was ready to extend my right hand I remembered there was a smoldering roach in it, so I executed this sort of quick 1/4 turn to the right and threw it away, believing at the time that he wouldn't notice anything.  Having disposed of the drugs, I held out my hand.  That porky fucker left it hanging there for awhile too, not that I can blame him.  Eventually he gave it a lightening quick shake, and I managed to spit out that he was good in Kingdom of the Spiders (a film which a friend had given me as a joke since it's Shatner at his absolute worst).

I think he said something like, "Uhhh thanks" before walking down the alley a limo that had come around the corner and was driving toward us.  Guess he was in a hurry to get in it.  And that's how I met William Shatner. 

Keep trying mine are better ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 08:42:52 AM »
Keep trying mine are better ;D

That's all I've got!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 08:43:51 AM »

He probably would have got cooked with you if you offered...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 08:48:57 AM »
He probably would have got cooked with you if you offered...

Haha!  To be honest I've always regretted not offering him the last hits off that roach.  Would have made a much better story for sure.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 08:52:41 AM »
That fund raiser did have the "C" list (if that) of celebrities, but a lot of money people in the 55 to 70 year old range love that stuff. Give big time just trying to renew their youth I guess. They grew up on most of those TV shows the celeb's were in. Some of those "C" lister's make a fairly good living following that rubber chicken circuit. Heard that Ed Asher is the prime dick, among prime dicks. Heard that from a few security people.

Quite a few sport celebrities fund raisers around SD, Orange county and LA. Kind of sad really when most of those ex stars athletes are too drunk to stand or even speak when called upon.

Never have met the gentleman, so can not make any personal judgment, but the word for years is that Big Lou is a little slow witted. And in the beginning of his "career" he lost  money through agents and taxes. His wife does control the purse strings in the family. Which in a way is a good thing for LF.
F

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »
All second hand information... Everyone I know that has been around him almost all has positive things to say.
  Not quite true as I mentioned that I myself witnessed Ferrigno scare a young child in a most reprehensible manner while at the Arnold Classic in 1998.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 10:00:06 AM »
Ronnie has always been a stand up gentleman

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 10:02:28 AM »
    One of my hobbies is to collect old original movie posters and as such, I have a very good friend in Canada.  He recently put together a huge fund-raiser dinner party at the Long Island mansion of a guy named Richard Cohen.  The fundraiser took place on Saturday, September 6th, 2008.  The idea was to get as many celebrities to attend as possible.  Some of those who appeared included Adam West, Larry Hagman, Erik Estrada, Morgan Fairchild, Ed Asner, Cindy Williams, Joyce DeWitt, etc.
    Also contracted to appear was Lou Ferrigno.  LF shows up with his wife Carla and the moment he steps on the property, he demands to know when the balance of his deposit will be paid to him.  It was incredibly rude and LF was the only guy who acted like a jerk.  My friend said that LF's wife ordered him around and pulled his strings as if he was a puppet.  LF was the first guest to leave and he did, in fact, leave early.  The people in attendance paid a great deal of money to sit and have dinner with these stars and the money went to charity. 
    My friend said he would never invite LF again and if LF called him, he still wouldn't hire him to appear.
    On a personal note, every time Craig competes somewhere and we see him, I always yell, "Louie" and hold up my camera as if I am taking his photo and then ask him how much do I owe him.  He gets really pissed.  I know this is a juvenile thing to do, but I was there at the Arnold Classic Expo in 1998 with my then training partner, Vinny Galanti and personally saw LF tell a little boy to give him $10 for taking a photo with his own camera.  The young boy was very startled and became upset as his Dad had to calm him down.  I was disgusted and told Ferrigno he ought to be ashamed of himself.
Since then, I figure LF deserves the immature harrassment.
Harley

The Incredible Jerk strikes again......
HAHA, RON.....

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
Is Lou Ferrigno mentally handicapped? Honest question. Is he one of those people who believes that disability can't hold him back?
$

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »
Oh boy i cant wait to hear wut a asshole  Woo Fowigno is at the Arnold expo this weekend

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:11 AM »
One of my hobbies is to collect old original movie posters and as such, I have a very good friend in Canada.  He recently put together a huge fund-raiser dinner party at the Long Island mansion of a guy named Richard Cohen.  The fundraiser took place on Saturday, September 6th, 2008.  The idea was to get as many celebrities to attend as possible.  Some of those who appeared included Adam West, Larry Hagman, Erik Estrada, Morgan Fairchild, Ed Asner, Cindy Williams, Joyce DeWitt, etc.

Also contracted to appear was Lou Ferrigno.  LF shows up with his wife Carla and the moment he steps on the property, he demands to know when the balance of his deposit will be paid to him.  It was incredibly rude and LF was the only guy who acted like a jerk.  My friend said that LF's wife ordered him around and pulled his strings as if he was a puppet.  LF was the first guest to leave and he did, in fact, leave early.  The people in attendance paid a great deal of money to sit and have dinner with these stars and the money went to charity. 

My friend said he would never invite LF again and if LF called him, he still wouldn't hire him to appear.

On a personal note, every time Craig competes somewhere and we see him, I always yell, "Louie" and hold up my camera as if I am taking his photo and then ask him how much do I owe him.  He gets really pissed.  I know this is a juvenile thing to do, but I was there at the Arnold Classic Expo in 1998 with my then training partner, Vinny Galanti and personally saw LF tell a little boy to give him $10 for taking a photo with his own camera.  The young boy was very startled and became upset as his Dad had to calm him down.  I was disgusted and told Ferrigno he ought to be ashamed of himself.

Harley

NO disrespect, but what personal accomplishment do you have.  I mean being Craig's partner is one thing but it doesn't really give a picture as to who you are.
A

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »

NO disrespect, but what personal accomplishment do you have.  I mean being Craig's partner is one thing but it doesn't really give a picture as to who you are.

I believe he's a lawyer.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »

Harley
hahahhaa, first you call out Dorian Yates and now Lou Ferrigno, you're a regular internet badass legend. ::)

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »

lol, nice. I bet Shatner would be fun to smoke a joint with.
It's Hip to be Square!

MuscleKing

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
Lou may be a jerk but he still has people paying him quite a bit of money for his apperances. He made a ton of money at the Comic Show signing autographs. Apparently there was a line out the door. The guy is making money although he is an asshole. He has probably had a lot of people take advantage of him and belittle him because of his deafness.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »
Lou may be a jerk but he still has people paying him quite a bit of money for his apperances. He made a ton of money at the Comic Show signing autographs. Apparently there was a line out the door. The guy is making money although he is an asshole. He has probably had a lot of people take advantage of him and belittle him because of his deafness.
you better watch out Muscleking or you'll get "harley" so angry that he'll tear off his Star of David necklace and call you out like he did to Dorian Yates. ::)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 05:05:21 AM »

Dear Vince G,
  I never once made claims of any personal accomplishments on this site.  Frankly, I don't see who would care what I have or haven't done in life.  I only posted a story about Ferrigno which was told to me by a most reliable friend.
  Seems a bit silly to get on a BB site and brag about what one's done in life.  Given that everyone has different goals and dreams, I would never say that whatever I have achieved is meaningful for anyone but myself.  Many of my friends have little formal education and work at difficult, laborious low-paying jobs and I don't feel that their position in life is any less significant or meaningful than mine.  Bodybuilding can be a very rewarding endeavor, but for me, it is only a hobby.  I consider myself fortunate to be Craig's training partner and as such, I thought that once in a while, I could share TRUTHFUL information about pro bb and some of the persons involved. 
  I thought that would be much more interesting than my resume.
  Oh, and to QuakerOats, my Star of David chain (upon which you always seem to be fixated) stays on when I train weights.  You should try it some time.
Harley

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 05:10:51 AM »
he should be put back in his place. hes a nobody who still have to sell hulk stuff at expos, kinda sad.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 07:25:07 AM »
Back to Louie,

If there is anyone going to the Arnold, hook up with a bunch of people show up all at once at his booth and start clicking then all scatter, sounds immature but 10-20 cameras going off at once.....would be classic...let him try to catch each and everyone one of you...