Author Topic: TUT PRINCIPLE  (Read 641 times)

BUNZEE

• Getbig I
TUT PRINCIPLE
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:45:09 AM »
I am training with an old guy who has been training in Gold's Cali for last 25 years.  He has trained with the likes of robby robinson, charles glass, jay cutler, gunter etc etc.  He came from Belgium and trained with the Barbarian Brothers when he was 18.  He says time under tension is a great way to train but it seems really different to me.  Increasing the TUT in an excercise like chest would be on the way out of bench press you hold your breath (instead of exhaling) and squeeze your chest like crazy and blow the air out only just short of lockout.  This apparently keeps the tension on your chest and fills all the cappilaries with blood.  Crazy pump,but very draining. My chest killed the next day with half the wieght I normally use but all the flexing and tensing and holding of breath makes my think its much easier to pull a muscle, get a spasm etc.  This guy seems to be somewhat of a bodybuilding guru but I think he may be off on this one a bit.  Anyone evr heard of the TUT prinicple or increasing the amount of time your muscles are tensed. ?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated....

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: TUT PRINCIPLE
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »
This is a great way to bust out of a plateau IMO.  As long as this guy doesn't try and pull a Dusa on you you should keep him around.

BUNZEE

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:51:21 AM »
Very wierd. I met him in wiinipeg canada and he was just hanging around my University gym.  I started talking to him and he says hes from Belgium.  Grew up with JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME and moved to america to be like his "heroes:.  He said he trains lost of celebritites and trained with the Barbarian Brothers when he came to america when he was 18.  Very crazy stories of the people hes met and trained with in the late 70's early 80's at gold's but almost seems to good to be true.  This guy has spent his whole life pursuing the "get big" dream but just came out of nowhere with these principles....very interesting none the less....

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 09:04:09 AM »
Yeah, old guy at age 40. What are 80 year olds... corpses with a pulse? ;D

Seriously, this sounds like what Weider called the 'peak contraction' principle which is far from new.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 09:08:09 AM »
Very wierd. I met him in wiinipeg canada and he was just hanging around my University gym.  I started talking to him and he says hes from Belgium.  Grew up with JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME and moved to america to be like his "heroes:.  He said he trains lost of celebritites and trained with the Barbarian Brothers when he came to america when he was 18.  Very crazy stories of the people hes met and trained with in the late 70's early 80's at gold's but almost seems to good to be true.  This guy has spent his whole life pursuing the "get big" dream but just came out of nowhere with these principles....very interesting none the less....

stop your lies fat bald homosexual