Author Topic: video game you bought in 2008 you hated the most:  (Read 1425 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
video game you bought in 2008 you hated the most:
« on: November 22, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »
Lost Odyssey

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
Re: video game you bought in 2008 you hated the most:
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
Red Alert 3

io856

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »
good thread

hmmmmmmm

I would have to say "WWE raw" on xbox

absolute shocker

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 04:33:39 AM »
Midnight Club: Los Angeles  >:(

I was very disappointed with it.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 07:33:32 AM »
Battlefield: Bad Company.  I love the series and the game isn't that bad when you play with friends.  It has major issues though, and if you don't play with friends than you are going to have a hard time playing this game.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 09:24:36 AM »
Battlefield: Bad Company.  I love the series and the game isn't that bad when you play with friends.  It has major issues though, and if you don't play with friends than you are going to have a hard time playing this game.

I kind of liked that game.  It had good fire fights i thought.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 11:59:49 AM »
It definitely does at times, but the lack of teamwork is disgusting, no cohesion to win.  There are some maps where the firefights get pretty crazy...that is a great part of the game.  Not to mention the lag issues.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »
It definitely does at times, but the lack of teamwork is disgusting, no cohesion to win.  There are some maps where the firefights get pretty crazy...that is a great part of the game.  Not to mention the lag issues.

Did you play army of 2?   that had a good team work aspect.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »
I sure did.  I owned it then traded it in.  I liked it for the most part, thought the graphics and story were pretty good.  I just hope next time they give you maps so you can actually flank your opponents.  It was a start regarding the co-op aspect.  The computer AI was atrocious though, I hated that the enemies could snipe while blind firing though.  I hope the new one fixes all of these problems.

I'm a big fan of the Gears series if just for the co-op aspect. What about you?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 08:55:35 AM »
I sure did.  I owned it then traded it in.  I liked it for the most part, thought the graphics and story were pretty good.  I just hope next time they give you maps so you can actually flank your opponents.  It was a start regarding the co-op aspect.  The computer AI was atrocious though, I hated that the enemies could snipe while blind firing though.  I hope the new one fixes all of these problems.

I'm a big fan of the Gears series if just for the co-op aspect. What about you?

You know, i haven't bought them yet...lol

I'm done with left4dead & fallout so i probably buy both gears this weekend

One thing on Army of 2,  the game was too short.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »
Way too short...but so is Gears.(About 10 hours even with a friend)  Gears 2 is amazing.  I can't get enough of it.  The first one I played through the campaign twice and pretty much put it up. This one with the Horde mode is sick! How is Left 4 Dead?  I have been meaning to play that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 10:07:35 AM »
Way too short...but so is Gears.(About 10 hours even with a friend)  Gears 2 is amazing.  I can't get enough of it.  The first one I played through the campaign twice and pretty much put it up. This one with the Horde mode is sick! How is Left 4 Dead?  I have been meaning to play that.

Left4 dead is excellent!  Replay-ability is great.  Good co-op as you must work together or you won't make it.  50 zombies horde you at once.  It's set up like you are an actor in a movie.   Great game mechanics.  play-ability over graphics but the graphics are still great.   Nice scare/thrill points.  After the first time i played, after an hour, i had a good adrenalin rush.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »

Horde mode is amazing.  I've been busy with budgeting this past month, but my friends were able to get through all 50 levels.  Going to have to give it a shot soon.

GoW2 is so much better than its predecessor, that I'd almost suggest those who haven't played the series starting with 2 and skipping one, and I usually never do that.
Y

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 10:54:52 AM »
never liked gears
dont like games that tell me i need to go this way and do this and that
how about letting me make my own decisions? thanks
Z

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:27 AM »
Left4 dead is excellent!  Replay-ability is great.  Good co-op as you must work together or you won't make it.  50 zombies horde you at once.  It's set up like you are an actor in a movie.   Great game mechanics.  play-ability over graphics but the graphics are still great.   Nice scare/thrill points.  After the first time i played, after an hour, i had a good adrenalin rush.

I downloaded the demo, I just haven't played it yet.  Now that we have a long weekend I will def. pick it up!  Have you had the chance to play it with four people at once?  How was the multiplayer?  This was definitely one of the games that I have been wanting to play.  Now I want to get home!  I'm in total agreement with you anyday...give me play-ability over graphics anyday of the week.  How was the weapon selection?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »
Horde mode is amazing.  I've been busy with budgeting this past month, but my friends were able to get through all 50 levels.  Going to have to give it a shot soon.

GoW2 is so much better than its predecessor, that I'd almost suggest those who haven't played the series starting with 2 and skipping one, and I usually never do that.

My friend and I got to level 34 last night and we weren't even on a good team.  Everything looks and plays better than the first one.  I even like how now they have started a comic for this game, a book explaining the past, a movie deal, and for this game they hired several writers that have done movies(no stupid video game writer), the story is much better this time around.  This is a full blown franchise now. 

I'm in agreement with you to a point...I think people should play Gears if they want the full story.  If not...you're right, just skip it!