Author Topic: Report: Michael Vick threw untrained family pets into dogfighting ring  (Read 5851 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Report: Michael Vick threw untrained family pets into dogfighting ring
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 11:44:39 AM »
it's because they're alive, mean a lot to people, and unlike people aren't generally total assholes. i see anyone setting a dog on fire and you bet your ass i'll be the one who ends up incarcerated (almost happened once before). i don't give a fuck if you bought it at wal-mart, it's a living creature not a goddamn coffee table.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 07:06:24 AM »
it's because they're alive, mean a lot to people, and unlike people aren't generally total assholes. i see anyone setting a dog on fire and you bet your ass i'll be the one who ends up incarcerated (almost happened once before). i don't give a fuck if you bought it at wal-mart, it's a living creature not a goddamn coffee table.

Agreed three things I don't care where it is, I'll  step in... 1) smacking a women around... 2) treating a little kid like shit... 3) mistreating any fucking animal..

I am no PETA freak and I hunt and fish, but you beat your dog or choke him on his leash or anything like that, I'm getting in your face... Same thing with women and kids.. I could care less if you yell at your wife, but you physically or mentally abuse her ass in public we are gonna dance..

I don't mind spanking your kid, but you do some crazy shit and once again we gonna dance! ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 11:13:43 AM »
i'm no member of PETA, i believe that we gotta eat meat and if finding a cure for cancer means a few thousand lab mice gotta die then so be it, but that's a necessary evil. if you hunt and fish, so long as you eat what you catch i can't complain.

but when it comes to just needless cruelty to animals, i go red pretty damn fast. it's one of those things that i think says a lot about the person. if you think it's funny to hurt an animal for no reason, i'm pretty much done with ya.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 11:25:52 AM »
Yep. Fish, lots of cats. Enough of my friends had dogs around me enough so that I knew how to handle them. My oldest cat was just put to sleep recently. I'm 28 and I got him when I was 8.
I like pets. What I don't like is the value placed on pets in our society. There's probably been more progress in pets rights in the last 10 years than there has been in civil rights in 30.

QFT!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 10:21:07 PM »
Nice posts for attention in this thread....   ::)

Its really no surprise that Vick threw family pets in with his dogs.  That shit is way too common by the "wannabee" dog fighters.    To me it just shows a damned bad mean streak. 

I had the opportunity to talk with someone who'd at one time been involved with quite a bit of fighting in the south and midwest not too long ago.  Of course the subject of Vick came up and handling the dogs.  According to this person, people who were "hardcore" never randomly matched their dogs with shit like vick did.   To him a fight was serious business and there were lots and lots of money involved with weeks of careful planning and working the dogs with tires, chains, treadmills, drugs, and a whole lot more.  He pretty much point blank said that he'd never risk one of his "good" dogs accidentally loosing or injuring an eye or worse yet breaking a canine tooth or getting bit in a joint which could lead to the dog being crippled in situation where there wasn't money changing hands.   

Its sort of a different look at things in my mind and it sure makes sense more sense in my head (and please don't get me wrong, I am NOT condoning dog fighting in any way.  To me Pitbulls make wonderful family pets, not killing machines).  The dogs were matched much like boxers or MMA fighters---with one goal to make money.   Thats night and day different from some sick fuck watching one dog chew another up for enjoyment.    The are two different (and neither acceptable) levels of sociopath in my mind.   

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »
i'm no member of PETA, i believe that we gotta eat meat and if finding a cure for cancer means a few thousand lab mice gotta die then so be it, but that's a necessary evil. if you hunt and fish, so long as you eat what you catch i can't complain.

but when it comes to just needless cruelty to animals, i go red pretty damn fast. it's one of those things that i think says a lot about the person. if you think it's funny to hurt an animal for no reason, i'm pretty much done with ya.

I think it shows a self centered disreguard for life in general.  Its pretty well accepted that animal abuse is a very short step away from human abuse or worse.