Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 24, 2014, 04:08:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best US cities for bodybuilding  (Read 3577 times)
tweeter
Getbig IV

« on: November 23, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »

Just curious as to what US cities you would rank as the top bodybuilding cities. I will assume that LA is #1.
Report to moderator   Logged
body88
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 08:52:56 PM »

Just curious as to what US cities you would rank as the top bodybuilding cities. I will assume that LA is #1. I'm in Atlanta, and there seem to be quite a few bodybuilders out of here.

Warm places. L.A, Florida....Texas.  Or cities with tons of gay people, and freak shows.
Alex23
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »

Warm places. L.A, Florida....Texas.  Or cities with tons of gay people, and freak shows.

QFT. Worse place, NYC, they all turn into degenerates freakshows and criminal.
body88
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »

QFT. Worse place, NYC, they all turn into degenerates freakshows and criminal.

I spend a good amount of time in NYC due to work, and it's a dirty ass city.  It's fun, but it smells like Garbage in the summer.
nycbull
Getbig V

Team Jay Should Have Won

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 09:08:23 PM »

I spend a good amount of time in NYC due to work, and it's a dirty ass city.  It's fun, but it smells like Garbage in the summer.

thats part of the charm  Cheesy
body88
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 09:10:23 PM »

thats part of the charm  Cheesy

Don't get me wrong....NYC is a fun city.  Some of the best nightlife in the world, awesome resterants and shopping.  But, I think it's highly overrated in some circumstances.
nycbull
Getbig V

Team Jay Should Have Won

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »

Don't get me wrong....NYC is a fun city.  Some of the best nightlife in the world, awesome resteraunts and shopping.  But, I think it's highly overrated in some circumstances.

no I totally agree, it has lost it's real charm actually, thanks to Guilianni and Bloomberg, its now one big Rite Aid  and a bank on every corner and horrible dressy boutique bars, its more like a bad South Beach or LA now...lost all the grit and realness.  and only one leather bar  Cry
Howard
Competitors
Getbig V

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 10:01:54 PM »

Just curious as to what US cities you would rank as the top bodybuilding cities. I will assume that LA is #1. I'm in Atlanta, and there seem to be quite a few bodybuilders out of here.
The greater ATL metro area is pretty damn good for BB. Lost of good, modern gyms and we just had the NPC Nationals, etc.
I would estimate the worst would be  VERY  rural areas of Noth Dakota and Alaska .
LOL, the Fairbanks , Alaska - Mooseman BB classic.
 I doubt the end of the Aluetian islands near Siberia  is a hot bed of BB gyms either.
pumpster
Getbig V

If you're reading this you have too much free time

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 10:08:22 PM »

no I totally agree, it has lost it's real charm actually, thanks to Guilianni and Bloomberg, its now one big Rite Aid  and a bank on every corner and horrible dressy boutique bars, its more like a bad South Beach or LA now...lost all the grit and realness.  and only one leather bar  Cry

It's still very special if you know where to look, under the radar. Not what it once was then again the rest of America's been sterilezed even more so it's still interesting in relation to most US cities. As always, a better place to visit, thanks to the harsh quality of life.

Easy to blame politicians but in fact the city started losing it's edge in the mid-80s or so, thanks to aids, crack, social conservatism, etc.
nycbull
Getbig V

Team Jay Should Have Won

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 10:27:41 PM »

It's still very special if you know where to look, under the radar. Not what it once was then again the rest of America's been sterilezed even more so it's still interesting in relation to most US cities. As always, a better place to visit, thanks to the harsh quality of life.

Easy to blame politicians but in fact the city started losing it's edge in the mid-80s or so, thanks to aids, crack, social conservatism, etc.

true about AIDS...definitly ruined NY artisitically...the 90's was one of the worst decades artistically speaking  ....some things are better now, and I can see a new art community blooming again, in Brooklyn and some great galleries around town..good architecture too.  Maybe the new young artistis will bring it back, if they can afford to live here.  just hope to get Bloomy out  Cheesy
gracie bjj
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 01:13:57 AM »

ny back in the 70,s was nuts,we used to jump on the pathtrains from newark and go to 42,nd st and scope out the hookers and peep shows,it was great being i was 9 or 10 years old

R
turnerg31
Getbig III

Take that Bitches!

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 03:27:35 AM »

I'm from Atlanta but I've been living in Kuwait since 1995.  Kuwait is a great place for bodybuilding.  Especially if you're using.  You would loose your mind over there.  Great Gyms but a bit pricey and all the gear you can afford with little to no law enforcement scrutiny.  If I was using I'd be in Steroid Heaven.

Pat
ibfasport
Getbig III

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 05:12:16 AM »

best cities for bodybuilding are out of USA: west europe and egypt
The Showstoppa
Getbig V

Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 05:47:58 AM »

Huh?  USA is #1.
ibfasport
Getbig III

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 06:28:00 AM »

pardon, EST Europe
reppin203
Getbig II

they all talk fast but they all think slow

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 06:38:03 AM »

ny back in the 70,s was nuts,we used to jump on the pathtrains from newark and go to 42,nd st and scope out the hookers and peep shows,it was great being i was 9 or 10 years old
I used to take the metro north into grand central station, walk to china-town and buy m-80's by the gross from the shop keepers.  The kind that can blow the shit outa a garbage can. I was around 11-13. Great times.

turnerg31
Getbig III

Take that Bitches!

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 06:38:49 AM »

Are you being serious or is this just another "Getbig" type answer that I, being a Newbie, just don't understand. I know there are a lot of great bodybuilders that come out of Egypt so I'm thinking you may be serious.

Pat
Fatpanda
Getbig V

One getbigger to rule them all.

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 06:48:34 AM »

i read somewhere that steroids are legal in alaska ?

is this true getbiggers ?

any huge eskimo's up in here  Huh

175lbs by 31st July
Playboy
Getbig V

If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »

Venice, Miami and New York
Tapeworm
Getbig V

Corengrato

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »

Very much doubt it FP.  I'd think drug laws would be federal.  Maybe they're just less strictly policed up in frontier land.

Don't move there tho.  I've heard Alaskans are total assholes to outsiders.  Like worse than Getbiggers.  They straight up shun you.
Playboy
Getbig V

If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 08:04:24 AM »

They are legal in many countries, bro.
CalvinH
Getbig V

Are you talking to me? Walk on home boy.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 08:15:25 AM »

Huh?  USA is #1.

Maybe he didn't read the thread title Huh
KC4
Getbig II

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 08:38:06 AM »

Milwaukee could be one of the worst bodybuilding is almost nonexistant but we did win drunkest city in america and that has to be worth something..right?
The Showstoppa
Getbig V

Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 08:39:49 AM »

Milwaukee could be one of the worst bodybuilding is almost nonexistant but we did win drunkest city in america and that has to be worth something..right?

Hell yeah!  Much better title to have.  Also, if everybody else is a drunk, fat slob, it makes you look better in comparison.
CalvinH
Getbig V

Are you talking to me? Walk on home boy.

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »

Which one was the hot one,Laverne or Shirle ???y
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!