Author Topic: Are any of you guys pharmacists??  (Read 3982 times)

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
Are any of you guys pharmacists??
« on: November 24, 2008, 12:49:47 AM »
Hey I'm thinking about changing my uni program to Pharmacy, anyone here a pharmacist?  What's it like?  Does it get boring after awhile?  Any job perks?  :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Are any of you guys pharmacists??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:44:52 AM »
Getbig answer: Nah, I surround myself with drugs as more of a hobby.

Serious answer: I know a pharmacist who made excellent money (now retired), but he was running his own businesses.  I'd be surprised if a pharmacist employee would be making over Aus$70,000.  Just a wild guess tho.  Go ask a pharmacist!

What's your current major Rowdy?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 02:11:43 AM »
I believe Goudy is.....
P

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 02:31:38 AM »
Getbig answer: Nah, I surround myself with drugs as more of a hobby.

Serious answer: I know a pharmacist who made excellent money (now retired), but he was running his own businesses.  I'd be surprised if a pharmacist employee would be making over Aus$70,000.  Just a wild guess tho.  Go ask a pharmacist!

What's your current major Rowdy?

A few weeks back I did a couple days work experience with 2 pharmacists at a compounding pharmacy (one of them runs the place), to see what the job's like.  Wanted to see if anyone here has any personal experience.  Retail pharmacy seems pretty repetitive from what I saw, but I'm not sure if that would bother me.  The younger pharmacist told me he makes good money, though I didn't get an exact figure. 

Atm I'm doing Occupational therapy, but still haven't decided whether I want to change or not.  :-\

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 02:32:48 AM »
I believe Goudy is.....

I think Goudy is a pharmacy assistant, but his input is still more than welcome.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 02:41:53 AM »
Technically no
E

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 02:53:48 AM »
Technically no

But you've had your fair share of experience with prescription drugs, right danielson ;)  ;D

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 02:54:29 AM »
IM HERE WHAT DO YOU NEED I CAN HELP........

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 02:54:58 AM »
But you've had your fair share of experience with prescription drugs, right danielson ;)  ;D
To say the least.
E

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 02:56:26 AM »
To say the least.

Do you have hugs not drugs these days Danielson?
P

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 02:56:57 AM »
Do you have hugs not drugs these days Danielson?

Yes I do NZMM. No more drugs for me.
E

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 03:03:21 AM »
I'm at pharmacy tech right now...applying to pharm school soon. I've worked a year in a retail setting and now work at a hospital pharmacy. In retail you get to deal with insurance companies and asshole customers who take it out on the person behind the desk. Hospital setting is much different but very repetitive.
The perks are all the fine hoes and cash money.

Best bet is DO NOT make a choice to go into pharmacy without spending time in one. You don't want to go through the schooling and realize you hate your job slanging pills.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 03:04:53 AM »
Yes I do NZMM. No more drugs for me.

Congratulations  :)
Time to settle down and start a family  :)
P

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 03:11:21 AM »
Congratulations  :)
Time to settle down and start a family  :)

I found it easier to tolerate the same whore for extended periods of time when I was on drugs though. Oh well, maybe today I will find a new one for the week :) Have a good day bro.
E

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 03:13:37 AM »
I'm at pharmacy tech right now...applying to pharm school soon. I've worked a year in a retail setting and now work at a hospital pharmacy. In retail you get to deal with insurance companies and asshole customers who take it out on the person behind the desk. Hospital setting is much different but very repetitive.

Best bet is DO NOT make a choice to go into pharmacy without spending time in one. You don't want to go through the schooling and realize you hate your job slanging pills.

Thanks for your input man.  What sort of stuff do you do in the hospital setting?  I would've thought retail would be more repetitive?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 03:26:37 AM »
Thanks for your input man.  What sort of stuff do you do in the hospital setting?  I would've thought retail would be more repetitive?

The pharmacists do all of the order inputting that come fromt the doctors and the techs fill the orders, make IVs, do compounding and mixing (very little), stock the dispensing units on the nursing floors (think vending machines full of drugs and IVs). There's a degree of repetitvness in both settings...but with hospital I found there was more. The thing that keeps retail more "fresh", at least for me was dealing with different patients that came in. Dealing with lots of different people each day makes it more interesting.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 04:39:27 AM »
The pharmacists do all of the order inputting that come fromt the doctors and the techs fill the orders, make IVs, do compounding and mixing (very little), stock the dispensing units on the nursing floors (think vending machines full of drugs and IVs). There's a degree of repetitvness in both settings...but with hospital I found there was more. The thing that keeps retail more "fresh", at least for me was dealing with different patients that came in. Dealing with lots of different people each day makes it more interesting.

Thanks again.  :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 06:09:49 AM »
A few weeks back I did a couple days work experience with 2 pharmacists at a compounding pharmacy (one of them runs the place), to see what the job's like.  Wanted to see if anyone here has any personal experience.  Retail pharmacy seems pretty repetitive from what I saw, but I'm not sure if that would bother me.  The younger pharmacist told me he makes good money, though I didn't get an exact figure. 

Atm I'm doing Occupational therapy, but still haven't decided whether I want to change or not.  :-\

Hmmm.  It you're into it then investigate it man, but don't make a career decision based on the fact that you can get free juice.  ;)

Occupational Therapist sounds like it would require eternal patience.  I couldn't do it.

PS - Score me some oxandrolone if you go into the anabolics business.

Get 'em while they're too sick or injured to run away.  I like your style.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 08:29:02 AM »
Talk to the steroid board mods :D

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 08:34:11 AM »
Does'nt everybody on getbig make 100 grand a year?   ;D

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 08:39:14 AM »
I have my own pharmacy back home.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »
Does'nt everybody on getbig make 100 grand a year?   ;D

Moosejay, Ron...perhaps fat ass Onlyme....who knows
A

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
Same here work in a hospital though, spot on advises..Oh and all the Nutropin AQ and Anadrol-50 laying aroung is driving me crazy!!!!

Yeah... all the insulin, GH, test powder & injections, lasix I come across on an everyday basis would make half of this site give up their right arms.

Something interesting I just learned was we keep Everclear...the stuff you can get any liquor store for people that come into ER for swallowing antifreeze.   

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »
Go to nursing school.  Much more variety of what you can do.  Great job security and you can make really good money.  The freedom to work literally anywhere in the WORLD!  I know a few male nurses working in Saudia Arabia and Egypt MAKING FUCKING BANK!  Know a few that have worked in Italy as well.  The first few years suck because you're doing a lot of dirty grunt work.  But after you get that 1-2 years med surg experience the doors open up for you.  Plus you can go into sales and work for a device/pharmaceutical company and make tons of COLD HARD CASH!  :)  Seriously pharmacists have a boring ass job.  Especially in the hospital setting.  I work in a hospital as well.  I'd suggest a respiratory therapist too.  Not as much as a nurse but still an easier job compared to an RN. 

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 07:22:50 PM »
Hmmm.  It you're into it then investigate it man, but don't make a career decision based on the fact that you can get free juice.  ;)

hehe I have to admit, that was One of the reasons for considering pharmacy, if I wanted to step it up in 4 yrs or so.  ;D

Occupational Therapist sounds like it would require eternal patience.  I couldn't do it.

This is pretty much the other reason for the possible change, nearly everyone is sooo patient and nice and caring, its kind of sickening.  You have to develop a rapport with the client and I'm not that great at/don't enjoy talking to random people, but I'm kinda working on that.  There's a very short supply of male OTs though, so I'd have no trouble at all finding a job if i stick with it.

PS - Score me some oxandrolone if you go into the anabolics business.
8)