Author Topic: IFBB worlcd champ overall winner vs. NPC Nationals overall winner  (Read 8159 times)

bahrain

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: IFBB worlcd champ overall winner vs. NPC Nationals overall winner
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 08:12:39 AM »
Close back shot...

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 10:05:11 AM »
I've been on both sides of the fence (NPC & IFBB Worlds) and the level of competition at the Worlds in every weight class is crazy deep.  I am always shocked by how much quality muscle these guys carry while still coming in totally dry shredded.  I consider myself very lucky just to be competitive with these cats from around the world. Take my word for it, these guys are incredible!

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 12:21:53 AM »
if you compare the top 5 from all the classes,

the IFBB amateurs > NPC amateurs

in both size & condition.

note - the top IFBB amateurs are comprised of far more than middle eastern bodybuilders.

NPC is nowhere to be compared to the world … even though it is a drug tested show … you are comparing the best in the world with the best in the US … all the winners of each category at the world have a pro level physique …

As for the physique type … there in an eye pleasing physique and a winning physique … and eye pleasing is what regular people or fan fall in love with and try to be like … where the wining physiques are the physique of guys who wins the show by far yet not that appealing to the general eye

No one wants to be like Ronnie or Dorian … yet they both deserved the 14 Olympia they won … and regardless of Dorian’s relationship with other officials or Ronnie getting a contract offer after the 98 pre-judging … they deserved the win …. And so is the case with the winners of the world … when you see a guy all year long … you get brain washed that he is the only one and he is the best … where you take the fact of the matter … and with all due respect to all the winners of the nationals … Putnam would have placed in the top 15 of the light heavy weight if he was lucky and Ed Nun might barely won his category

A lot of people that this guy or that guy should have won but when you come to the judging a bodybuilding show from the criteria aspect than the judging was fair to some extend … guys came up to and told me that Baitolla (Iran) the winner of the light middle weight should have won the overall … but you got to keep in mind that size hold its weight at an overall rating … Baitolla had a very similar physique to Tabrizi with a little bit better condition ( he was even bigger that the middle weight winner and fuller that than the heavy weight winner too) but when u have similar physiques the size aspect rules even if there is a bit of condition advantage to the smaller guy … 

When it comes to pro level … most of these guys who have a winning physiques are not that good I marketing themselves and don’t know how the pro levels show and competition are executed … yet you have some eye pleasing physiques who know how to market themselves doing much better … getting endorsement contracts and getting props on the boards (like that means anything) of course at a virtual comparison by getting some photo from various show and different lighting and comparing  guys from a different show will give the edge to the “eye pleasing physique” but if they stand in each other … it will be lights out … same as Ronnie and Dorian did to all the other competitors of their era

Whoever knows me knows that I idolize Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates ... and to me the most debatable Olympia was the 94 and 96 … yet … I consider that mass ruled over symmetry to some extend and that is how the sport is … and if anyone doesn’t like it … you can always switch to golf

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 01:08:09 AM »
i remember back in the early 80,s watching the european bodybuilding championships,the one which featured the huge gunner rosbo,alot of you ole timers remember him.i was very impressed by the builds those guys had,top notch imo
R

DPump

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »
NPC is nowhere to be compared to the world … even though it is a drug tested show … you are comparing the best in the world with the best in the US … all the winners of each category at the world have a pro level physique …

As for the physique type … there in an eye pleasing physique and a winning physique … and eye pleasing is what regular people or fan fall in love with and try to be like … where the wining physiques are the physique of guys who wins the show by far yet not that appealing to the general eye

No one wants to be like Ronnie or Dorian … yet they both deserved the 14 Olympia they won … and regardless of Dorian’s relationship with other officials or Ronnie getting a contract offer after the 98 pre-judging … they deserved the win …. And so is the case with the winners of the world … when you see a guy all year long … you get brain washed that he is the only one and he is the best … where you take the fact of the matter … and with all due respect to all the winners of the nationals … Putnam would have placed in the top 15 of the light heavy weight if he was lucky and Ed Nun might barely won his category

A lot of people that this guy or that guy should have won but when you come to the judging a bodybuilding show from the criteria aspect than the judging was fair to some extend … guys came up to and told me that Baitolla (Iran) the winner of the light middle weight should have won the overall … but you got to keep in mind that size hold its weight at an overall rating … Baitolla had a very similar physique to Tabrizi with a little bit better condition ( he was even bigger that the middle weight winner and fuller that than the heavy weight winner too) but when u have similar physiques the size aspect rules even if there is a bit of condition advantage to the smaller guy … 

When it comes to pro level … most of these guys who have a winning physiques are not that good I marketing themselves and don’t know how the pro levels show and competition are executed … yet you have some eye pleasing physiques who know how to market themselves doing much better … getting endorsement contracts and getting props on the boards (like that means anything) of course at a virtual comparison by getting some photo from various show and different lighting and comparing  guys from a different show will give the edge to the “eye pleasing physique” but if they stand in each other … it will be lights out … same as Ronnie and Dorian did to all the other competitors of their era

Whoever knows me knows that I idolize Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates ... and to me the most debatable Olympia was the 94 and 96 … yet … I consider that mass ruled over symmetry to some extend and that is how the sport is … and if anyone doesn’t like it … you can always switch to golf

very well articulated

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 06:55:40 AM »

Well said...

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 01:09:25 AM »

Ali,

Great post.  Thanks for giving some insight on bodybuilding from more of an International perspective.  I think sometimes we forget in the US that there is bodybuilding outside our borders and at a very high level.  I don't think it's our fault it's just that international competitions don't get the exposure of the NPC and IFBB.  It's great to get some feedback from someone like you who has followed bodybuilding both inside the US and Internationally.  Thanks again for your insight. 

Pat

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 08:54:37 AM »
Hahahahahahahh gimme a break. The level of NPC is a joke in front of these world amateur guys now a day.
Even more impressive than the pro circuit of now a day.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 12:37:52 PM »
NPC is irrelevant.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »
Hahahahahahahh gimme a break. The level of NPC is a joke in front of these world amateur guys now a day.
Even more impressive than the pro circuit of now a day.

Glad to see someone else is awake, just take the class winners of the last ten years of both contests and look at the success of those guys as pros, and dont come back with this politics in the pros crap, Wolfe won three years ago and hes now an established pro. Fux won it, Munzer to years ago, but theres no guys of their quality coming through, theres big guys with good conditioning, such as this guy who won this year but on the npc stage you could pull his structural flaws apart. The npc is judged like a pro show, where your judged harshly for being incomplete and your only as good as your weakest bodypart. The ifbb worlds seems to be judged on muscle size and condition alone, probably as there is a lot of guys competing with many weaknesses, but to the competitions credit, the conditioning of the guys at the ifbb worlds is insane and i would say that the amateurs are much more dryer than ripped than the majority of guys in the npc and the pros, but as far as the competitors having good shape structure and overall no weaknesses, they are well behind.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 03:46:43 AM »
Glad to see someone else is awake, just take the class winners of the last ten years of both contests and look at the success of those guys as pros, and dont come back with this politics in the pros crap, Wolfe won three years ago and hes now an established pro. Fux won it, Munzer to years ago, but theres no guys of their quality coming through, theres big guys with good conditioning, such as this guy who won this year but on the npc stage you could pull his structural flaws apart. The npc is judged like a pro show, where your judged harshly for being incomplete and your only as good as your weakest bodypart. The ifbb worlds seems to be judged on muscle size and condition alone, probably as there is a lot of guys competing with many weaknesses, but to the competitions credit, the conditioning of the guys at the ifbb worlds is insane and i would say that the amateurs are much more dryer than ripped than the majority of guys in the npc and the pros, but as far as the competitors having good shape structure and overall no weaknesses, they are well behind.
Oh yes??
The sucess of pros of now a day is totaly pathetic. Not like old days, Its all POLITICS now.
Jim manion does everything he wants......

The bodybuilding is about muscle. If the shape is so much important like the juding criteria of NPC and IFBB PRO, I can even beat my trainer PACO.
Thats pathetic. And also, the pro should be elite in every sence. Thats Dorian is saying. He said that pro should be equal or more shreded than amateur. Thats why Still Yates is called like top3 bodybuilders in the history.
Also I see many bber who has really weak point in NPC lunk like Sean "Chopstick legs" Allen. Let alone Putnum,what an ugly physic. He cant even win the miditerranean title even judging with the proportion only. :-\

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 03:56:26 AM »

Perfect post.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 03:51:46 PM »
 Putman and sean Allan are two of the worst examples from the npc you could look at, they both suck, Todays pro divison is well behind the 90s i totally agree but besides Wolfe the worlds has produced no one of note in a long time, why Politics, bullshit. 
Dorian is the best bodybuilder of all time as he combined overall condition with muscle size and shape, i will give you that. Funny how a skinhead with a criminal record can win the olympia, but all these world class amateurs cant get a look in at the pro level. Politics oh of course.  ::) 

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 07:19:11 AM »

I am emphasizing on winners of each category in the world compared to the Nationals … I’ll leave it to the audience 

A lot of the amateurs don’t convert to pro league … cause either they don’t know how to do shows like the pros and don’t have the proper connection to place well … we all know judging is not based only of the physique in the pro ranks … contracts and influence play a big role in the final result …

Local federations only support amateur shows … as Bahrain is the country that pays its athletes the most for contest prep … and all of them are original nationals … they will never support someone who goes to the pro rank … he might get some support from the ministry of sport but not from the federation … contest prep is costly … and when it is not drug tested the bodybuilder has to use a lot to show at his ultimate best and if not he will have keep the door open for others … cause in the amateur league the main concern is to pass the test and in the pros u have to be at ur best … no one really cares what ur are using or how much … so by coming weak in and saying I didn’t use GH or only took little bit of clen and anavar won’t be a legit excuse … and then you have the traveling and accommodation expenses which are anywhere between US$ 3000 - 5000 for each person per show … depending on the country of origin and destination … so doing that on their own for a pro show is not feasible for them compared to doing multiple shows, with weight classes and coming back home with a medal and a title … while everything is paid for by the local federation

The politics part is not coming from amateurs or NPC … it is how well you are connected … and sometimes which gym do you train in … contracts play a big role in placing in shows as well … I don’t want to give examples …

What happened to wolf was … he is a very big guy … and the lineup was a bit off in 2006 … jay who wo the show was tie with wolf as far as I am concerned and victor should have won … so either thy should have placed 2nd and 3rd … or dexter 2nd … and they would be 3rd and 4th … and I wouldn’t have mineded if top3 3 were vic, dex and Ronnie … jay and wolf could have placed 4th and 5th irrespectively

This year wolf went in with big hype and all the talk about him by chad and MD didn’t help either … next year … if vic, kai, phil, dex, tony, come in at their best or even a bit less … wolf will place behind them … jay is a wild card in the mix …

As for symmetry … at the world championship you have the best symmetries in the world … just comparing with big guys doesn’t cut it … and just by hearing the cowed cheering or someone says he has a very good symmetry won’t work either … you have to compare upper to lower body in terms and length and proportion then u have the right and left comparison … in the pro league that is unheard of … even though that should be don’t in the 1st round at the relax poses … muscularity comes in 2nd … again the amount of muscle on these guys frame is insane … it is weight controlled and tested show ... that is they all still have room for improvement … compare all the winners until the light heavy weight with the 202 line up … u will be in for a real surprise … yet they all are clean … meaning taking very little stuff and stopping them very early … and even if you compare all the winners in an Olympia show … Ali Tabrizi, Robert Piotrkowicz and Baitolla Abbaspoor all at their best would do a serious damage at the pro circuit … but can they play it like pros do it … while none of them speaks a good level of English …   

The late 80s and 90s were definitely better than now days as far as the Nationals is concerned … and I still think Shawn Ray was the best winner … but it hasn’t been getting any better since … where the world is

DX

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 08:29:23 AM »
NPC is irrelevant.
Your nuts.  It's time for you to adjust your rug.  Our last three Mr. Os are from the NPC.  Not too irrelevant

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
Your nuts.  It's time for you to adjust your rug.  Our last three Mr. Os are from the NPC.  Not too irrelevant

ronnie got his pro card from the world championship in 1991 and by winning hte overall he got the invitation to 1992 olympia ... he didt qualify in 93 ... but did qualify for 94 to 2008 (when he retired and didnt do the show)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
Putman and sean Allan are two of the worst examples from the npc you could look at, they both suck, Todays pro divison is well behind the 90s i totally agree but besides Wolfe the worlds has produced no one of note in a long time, why Politics, bullshit. 
Dorian is the best bodybuilder of all time as he combined overall condition with muscle size and shape, i will give you that. Funny how a skinhead with a criminal record can win the olympia, but all these world class amateurs cant get a look in at the pro level. Politics oh of course.  ::) 

Yeah. Judging criteria has changed A LOT.
In 2007 Olympia was the most obvious. NOBODY has any clue that why fat JAY could beat Victor.
This kind of thing had never happened before when Wayn demilia was there.
You know why Dorian did good? Cus he did well at the night of champions(wayn demilias show).
Before,the door was opened widely to any foreign bodybuilders. But now, you should stay in america(Good ex, Silvio Samuel). And hAVING good sponsor is even better.
Plus,if u do prostitution or something even better. Since Jim manion there, the thing has changed a lot.

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 02:56:03 AM »
Olympia is a whole different story with different criteria of course that shouldn’t be the case cause it is all bodybuilding … they should change the judges and they should be updated … meaning having a judge at the world championship who doesn’t know who on the Olympia 5 weeks ago is pathetic … even if he wasn’t a judge … judges should be fans of the sport and keep up with the updates … a judge that is ignorant of what is going on in the sport is a wrong choice … and this could be said abt some of the amateur judges

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 03:23:49 AM »
Egypt's Hamedy M. H. Ahmed is overall winner of IFBB 2008 World Masters
He looks better than most class winners of NPC Nationals

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 03:33:42 AM »
And German's Thomas Scheu(2nd to Egypt's Hamedy M. H. Ahmed) looks awesome too

asianmyth

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 06:02:33 AM »
4th at nac universe germany.both npc and ifbb world cant match the nac standard

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 07:24:07 AM »
actually Ali

Having an indifferent judges is exactly what the sport needs. The problem with judges being "fans" of the sport, means that they can be fans of certain bodybuilders, and not others. These types of friendships is what leads to more of the poltical BS.

Olympia is a whole different story with different criteria of course that shouldn’t be the case cause it is all bodybuilding … they should change the judges and they should be updated … meaning having a judge at the world championship who doesn’t know who on the Olympia 5 weeks ago is pathetic … even if he wasn’t a judge … judges should be fans of the sport and keep up with the updates … a judge that is ignorant of what is going on in the sport is a wrong choice … and this could be said abt some of the amateur judges

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 02:15:20 PM »
Very good post.

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2008, 01:44:53 AM »
actually Ali

Having an indifferent judges is exactly what the sport needs. The problem with judges being "fans" of the sport, means that they can be fans of certain bodybuilders, and not others. These types of friendships is what leads to more of the poltical BS.

That wouldn’t be a problem if they are fare and know what they are looking for … they should judge according to who looks best on the day of the show … and it would be great if we didn’t have straight 1s if the top two or 3 are very close … and the main thing is the judges should score to their opinion and it should be displayed immediately on screen and calculation should be done electronically and not by the technical & judging committee

I am sure in the last Olympia every judge had (or should have – if they knew what they are doing of judges properly according to the criteria) dex, phil and freeman in top 3 … each f them could have benn placd 1st byu any judge depending on which body type he leans toward or which body type is his ultimate perfect physique … of course some might find dex’s body and condition the best and some might find toney a better combination … either way the judging should be on the bodies and not the buddies … every judge should disregards the personality, relationship, contract and which gym the bber trains in or represents … and that is when we will have a judging that will please every one

Change the judges (get in people who know what they are doing and who can judge according to a criteria that is agreed on

Make the calculation electronic and automated that appears on the screen immediately

Give the competent judges the liberty to express their opinion in the score card … and ridiculous judges who judge way off the obvious should be held responsible and accountable