Author Topic: Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon  (Read 1914 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon
« on: November 26, 2008, 04:21:14 AM »
Saam gwok dzi gin lung se gap - (Original title)

"Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon"  - (English title)

Based on "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" a vast 600-year-old novel by Luo Guangzhong that ranks as one of China's four most important pieces of literature, and also provided source material for John Woo's upcoming Battle of Red Cliff.

various user reviews:

"Three kingdoms is a great Chinese masterpiece that is set in the era of the three kingdoms that ruled china. The cao, wu and liu dynasties were trying to unite china each under their own leadership and in a result it produces wars between the three houses for decades. The story in this movie is told from the Liu's point of view and my god what a story that is....  It simply tells a story with some battles shoved in. The movie is quite emotional and the acting was superb. As for the directing it truly is brilliant, the battles were directed with passion and ingeniousness with great sound effects and slowmo shots that makes it even more desirable to watch over and over again.

This is one movie that shouldn't be missed by Chinese history/mythology fans. Its a 10/10 and I don't care what other people might think, its just a masterpiece."

"Best movie about ancient Chinese dynasty history I have ever seen.

I am American, but I know a little Chinese history. I think you could know nothing of Chinese history and this movie is spectacular. The acting, the cinematography, the plot. I don't too much like kung-fu movies, this is not that, this is drama, and action, and just unbelievable too me. I am now going to watch red cliff and any other Chinese movie about the dynasties. If Chinese keep making good movies like this American action movies will pale in comparison and only simpleminded people will enjoy all those cliché one liners and everybody lives fairy tale endings. So if you are looking for empty cliché Hollywood type acting like mainstream Hollywood this is not for you. If you understand and appreciate movies like apocalypse now for their acting and overall quality, then just throw action like "300" on top of that and a storyline that requires you to actually follow and makes sense then this movie is for you."

"Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon"

w

24KT

• Getbig V
Re: Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:50:31 AM »
Anyone else seen it?
Anyone else intend to see it?
w

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 06:48:03 AM »
is it also named Man cheng jin dai huang jin jia? I have ever seen it at Blockbuster.
E

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 06:51:41 PM »
is it also named Man cheng jin dai huang jin jia? I have ever seen it at Blockbuster.

No, that's   "Curse of the Golden Flower"

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=249104.msg3500138#msg3500138

If you can get it at Block buster, it's worth it, ...as well as "Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon"
w

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 06:53:28 PM »
No, that's   "Curse of the Golden Flower"

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=249104.msg3500138#msg3500138

If you can get it at Block buster, it's worth it, ...as well as "Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon"

You mean this one? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0882978/

The only subtitled movie I have enjoyed lately is Jet Li's Fearless.
E

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 07:39:23 PM »
You mean this one? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0882978/

The only subtitled movie I have enjoyed lately is Jet Li's Fearless.

That's the one..  I don't like subtitles either, it distracts me from picking up on the sublties in an actor's performance, ...but this movie was soooo incredible, ...you would enjoy it even with having to follow subtitles
w