Author Topic: RIP places fifth  (Read 24248 times)

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
Re: RIP places fifth
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 09:35:36 PM »
I started this thread an I just don't understand why a girl would do that to her body for absolutely nothing. Obviously drugs are involved which further baffles me. Putting male hormones in a female body for a trophy?  Having said that RIP worked harder than most could to achieve this look, props for the hard gym work.  And she doesn't look as bad as most, still feminine. Actually she should stay on the lean side as we've all seen her offseason pics. Hopefully it's just a hobby and she doesn't go hardcore. When I see how Britt Miller and Cindy phillips have increasingly gone from gorgeous fit girls hardcore bodybuilders, it's unfortunate. Female bodybuilding should be represented by the likes of Monica, Timea, etc.

My apologies to RIP being singled out. She is passionate about what she does.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 09:40:08 PM »
 She looked great when she did the figure stuff. I don't understand why she wants to take the drugs and go this route but I will say:

- For a female bodybuilder she looks pretty fucking decent.

- About two weeks after the show she will look great with a bit more bodyfat

- It's her choice what she does so I don't need to understand as I'm not relevant.

- Glutes need to be prioritised

O

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 09:46:40 PM »
Bodybuilding is strange. Competitive bodybuilding is very strange. Until you have done both, it might be best to simply observe, and leave the "reasons" to those that have.
a

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 09:46:59 PM »
Wow looking so hot in these shots  ;)

A lot of guys on here can't handle a woman bigger than them. You should all enjoy your mediore lives lemmings.

The Coach

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2008, 09:49:58 PM »
I think I look pretty "fit" and healthy for a female bodybuilder in contest shape.  How much healthier could I look at that level of body fat?  Do I look less healthy than Cory Everson did? 

It's OK if you don't understand why people compete.  You don't have to understand.

Thanks.  :)

Fantastic.....Like I told you, I had you in the top two easily. Be patient and keep persisting, your time will come. Unfortunately no matter how good you are and as BS as it is, they want you to pay your dues. It was a BS decision, I know that and I think you know that.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:13 PM »
Wow looking so hot in these shots  ;)

A lot of guys on here can't handle a woman bigger than them. You should all enjoy your mediore lives lemmings.

She's not that big (thank fuck).
O

The Coach

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2008, 10:12:21 PM »

Who is this "fuck" you speak of?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2008, 10:15:05 PM »
Who is this "fuck" you speak of?

I was going to say God but I thought you'd get offended with me taking his name in vain.
O

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »

Bigger than a lot on here.

Maybe there could be a Ms.Getbig (some of the current entrants to the Mr.Getbig should enter).

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2008, 05:37:46 AM »

That's not a very nice thing to say at all and not fair to Rip. She has helped countless people on this form by answering their bbdg / training questions. She never once said anything derogatory or negative about anyone here so why pic on her? Also, you must realize that any publicity is good publicity and for Rip especially. She takes her bbdg seriously and the more exposure she gets, the better it is for her. Leave the woman alone and let her live for God sakes.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2008, 07:10:47 AM »
she busted her ass and deserves respect for that.

Yes.  Most getbiggers couldn't begin to match her dedication, including me.

You looked great Rip.  Really nailed it. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2008, 09:04:21 AM »
Robert... Lori's "Self Promotion" as you put it is just her talking about getting ready for her shows (mostly answering questions about her process from others) and they are contained to a thread about her, started by someone else.  She is always right there to compliment others on a job well done and offer help when she can.  I would hardly call that "Self Promotion".   And everyone has a different perception of beautiful.  Just because you don't find Lori to be as beautiful as Corey Everson, doesn't mean everyone else would agree.  Women's bodybuilding is far different today than back in Corey's day.  Women were definitely softer looking and not as "defined "muscularly".  Today the women are following suit of the men the "big is better" format.  I don't agree with that, but that is the direction it has taken and with that comes with the same degree of depletion (of fat and water) which for some, actually most...isn't a very attractive look.  Hell even the men facially look like shit on stage.  Not "attractive" at all, but look far different off season. 

Lori is proud of herself and should be.  She's in great shape and has worked hard to get there.  You may not think she's "attractive" but why not respect the fact that she has a passion for bodybuilding and works hard to improve herself. 
:D Weee

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2008, 09:06:23 AM »
Robert...Lori's "Self Promotion" as you put it is just her talking about getting ready for her shows (mostly answering questions about her process from others) and they are contained to a thread about her, started by someone else.  She is always right there to compliment others on a job well done and offer help when she can.  I would hardly call that "Self Promotion".   And everyone has a different perception of beautiful.  Just because you don't find Lori to be as beautiful as Corey Everson, doesn't mean everyone else would agree.  Women's bodybuilding is far different today than back in Corey's day.  Women were definitely softer looking and not as "defined "muscularly".  Today the women are following suit of the men the "big is better" format.  I don't agree with that, but that is the direction it has taken and with that comes with the same degree of depletion (of fat and water) which for some, actually most...isn't a very attractive look.  Hell even the men facially look like shit on stage.  Not "attractive" at all, but look far different off season. 

Lori is proud of herself and should be.  She's in great shape and has worked hard to get there.  You may not think she's "attractive" but why not respect the fact that she has a passion for bodybuilding and works hard to improve herself. 

Damning with faint praise.
O

The Coach

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2008, 09:07:05 AM »
Robert...Lori's "Self Promotion" as you put it is just her talking about getting ready for her shows (mostly answering questions about her process from others) and they are contained to a thread about her, started by someone else.  She is always right there to compliment others on a job well done and offer help when she can.  I would hardly call that "Self Promotion".   And everyone has a different perception of beautiful.  Just because you don't find Lori to be as beautiful as Corey Everson, doesn't mean everyone else would agree.  Women's bodybuilding is far different today than back in Corey's day.  Women were definitely softer looking and not as "defined "muscularly".  Today the women are following suit of the men the "big is better" format.  I don't agree with that, but that is the direction it has taken and with that comes with the same degree of depletion (of fat and water) which for some, actually most...isn't a very attractive look.  Hell even the men facially look like shit on stage.  Not "attractive" at all, but look far different off season. 

C'mon Laura, I know you know your trying to explain things to 16 year olds who won't even put they're own pic up. It's like talking to a wall.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2008, 11:22:07 AM »
Wow.....big deal.  All that and she places fifth among a bunch of no-names. You woulda sworn it was prep for the Olympia with all the publicity on these boards. And the winner recieves........a trophy! No cash.  So what's it all about?   You destroy you body for a period of time, probably use some sort of "assistance" which must really be good for the female anatomy, all to go on stage with a bunch of other crypt keepers who won't even look like that after a few days. All to say...look at me, don't I look great.....uh no you don't and you're not even getting anything for it.   It's a free world and we all have choices but what's wrong with being fit. Female bodybuilding is not being fit. I just don't get it. Eason, Mo Brandt, Timea.....that's fit.

having a bad day there lil bud?

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »
I can't believe Ron hasn't deleted this thread yet.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2008, 08:40:54 AM »
I can't believe Ron hasn't deleted this thread yet.

Why would he delete it?
E

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2008, 08:41:14 AM »

quit making sense, we don't have time for that around here...

4thAD

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2008, 08:46:37 AM »
Shut the fuck up.

Worry about yourself.

8)

Agreed, You look absolutely fantastic Rip. Still looking very feminine at the lo BF%. Congrats on the effort, blood, sweat, and tears you put into this. Don't listen to the haters that will never have the discipline to get shredded and get up on stage.

4thAD

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »
I started this thread an I just don't understand why a girl would do that to her body for absolutely nothing. Obviously drugs are involved which further baffles me. Putting male hormones in a female body for a trophy?  Having said that RIP worked harder than most could to achieve this look, props for the hard gym work.  And she doesn't look as bad as most, still feminine. Actually she should stay on the lean side as we've all seen her offseason pics. Hopefully it's just a hobby and she doesn't go hardcore. When I see how Britt Miller and Cindy phillips have increasingly gone from gorgeous fit girls hardcore bodybuilders, it's unfortunate. Female bodybuilding should be represented by the likes of Monica, Timea, etc.

My apologies to RIP being singled out. She is passionate about what she does.

How about you STFU and just mind your business? Why do you care what somebody else does? Does it make you feel bad about your self or what? Actually it probably makes you feel better to bring down others!

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »
How about you STFU and just mind your business? Why do you care what somebody else does? Does it make you feel bad about your self or what? Actually it probably makes you feel better to bring down others!
Or what.......what?

4thAD

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »
Or what, nothing! Its not like I'm threatening to kick your internet gimmicks ass! I'm just stating the fact that your a complete TOOL! Get a life, Rip works extremely hard to do what she does, and it blows my mind that tough guys like your self feel the need to bring her down.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2008, 09:56:26 AM »
Or what, nothing! Its not like I'm threatening to kick your internet gimmicks ass! I'm just stating the fact that your a complete TOOL! Get a life, Rip works extremely hard to do what she does, and it blows my mind that tough guys like your self feel the need to bring her down.
Hey Mongo,  We're discussing how female bodybuilding has gone astray. Sorry if your feelings got hurt.

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »
Probably the most beautiful pic I've ever seen of a female bodybuilder onstage :)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »
yeah real beautiful ::)