Author Topic: Shawn Ray 94 vs. 95  (Read 7101 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Shawn Ray 94 vs. 95
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 01:33:10 PM »
I wouldn't call taking 2nd place to Dorian's fully deserved first place (by Shawn's own admission) 'smoking' Yates, Hulkster.

but it was only his 'own admission' while still under contract with Joe Weider..

once out from under the contest namesake's grip, his true opinion came out.

he got screwed..
Flower Boy Ran Away

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »
but it was only his 'own admission' while still under contract with Joe Weider..

I honestly don't believe you believe that yourself ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 01:35:34 PM »
I honestly don't believe you believe that yourself ;D

why not? the rest of the bb commnity always talks about how 1994 was a complete scam that dorian won..
Flower Boy Ran Away

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »
Shawn was in excellent shape in 94 - arguably the best he's been, but to say that he was still better than Yates when you look at it from a mandatory pose point-of-view is nuts.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »
and yet still smoked Yates in 1994..lol

ND has covered this before:

Shawn Ray's words:

( 1994 Mr Olympia ) Tonight I feel that I got what I deserved. With a beaming smile , Shawn concluded: " This is the first time in three years I haven't ' retired ' the night of the show and got drunk. "

You can't help but sully a thread with your disdain for Yates, Hulkster.  You are so very transparent.  You are obsessed with Yates.  Not only did Yates dominate the Olympia, he also dominates your every waking thought. 

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »
Deshay Ehbert called Shawn out in 2001, and told him came in looking the same. Honestly he hadn't gained or loss anything for almost 10 years competing at the Olympia.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 06:09:12 PM »
Deshay Ehbert called Shawn out in 2001, and told him came in looking the same. Honestly he hadn't gained or loss anything for almost 10 years competing at the Olympia.

The whole wrap with Ray was he only put on 5 that's FIVE pounds since he won the Nationals over his whole career , Shawn tried to up the ante one year by coming in at 215 pounds and his conditioning suffered for and his placing slipped

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 06:21:37 PM »

once out from under the contest namesake's grip, his true opinion came out.

he got screwed..

Once again you have shown your complete ignorance of competitive bodybuilding . Shawn Ray was known at the time as one of the most outspoken bodybuilders of the day

please spare me this nonsense he was scared to say anything here is Shawn Ray speaking the truth

Flex magazine January 1995 Shawn Ray

Dorian was a bigger version of what he's been. I'm not a fan in the sense that his physique is something I aspire to attain. Dorian is in his own class and in his own little world. For that reason, there's nobody they can compare like-to-like with Dorian. They can only bring forward a different package.

( 1994 Mr Olympia ) Tonight I feel that I got what I deserved. With a beaming smile , Shawn concluded: " This is the first time in three years I haven't ' retired ' the night of the show and got drunk. "

stating the obvious he knew he couldn't compete with Dorian and no one could , he just offered something else which the judges didn't pick , Shawn wanted the system to bend to his physique .

body88

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »
and yet still smoked Yates in 1994..lol

Hulk, when you walked into whatever family members home you visited on Thanksgiving, did you proceed to pull out a pp presentation on why Coleman is better than Yates after a family member asked you how you were doing?

Hi (insert name) how are you doing?

Hulk: Well, I am doing fine, but I tell you something, Yates is a fucking FRIDGE and Ronnie Coleman is the greatest bb who ever pumped a weight.....let me show you why (pulls out laptop and fires up powerpoint.)

But (insert name) it's Thanksgiving

Hulk: You see that Turkey, it looks like Yates in 95.  FUCK YATES!

Nude picture of Coleman pops up

Hulk: Shit, wrong pp!

;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »
Hulk, when you walked into whatever family members home you visited on Thanksgiving, did you proceed to pull out a pp presentation on why Coleman is better than Yates after a family member asked you how you where doing?

Hi (insert name) how are you doing?

Hulk: Well, I am doing fine, but I tell you something, Yates is a fucking FRIDGE and Ronnie Coleman is the greatest bb who ever pumped a weight.....let me show you why (pulls out laptop and fires up powerpoint.)

But (insert name) it's Thanksgiving

Hulk: You see that Turkey, it looks like Yates in 95

Nude picture of Coleman pops up

Hulk: Shit, wrong pp!

;)

lmfao

Hulkster = Ronnie-emo

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 08:45:10 PM »
shawn is not so smart for not marrying that girl who won Dancing with the stars when he had the chance
now he's gonna have to pay for that kinda girl  :-\

yes 94 and 95 look the same to me

Brooke Burke is a dancing Chimp...Shawn was right to get away from that mess...She now has 4 kids and counting...

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 07:50:01 AM »

Brooke Burke is a dancing Chimp...Shawn was right to get away from that mess...She now has 4 kids and counting...

4 kids and still a hot piece of ass. I would take her over any of the "other" so called chicks Ray has dated. Then again, it calls into question when he dated Brooke, and when he started dating the Tranny.

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »
I believe he was 204 in '94,
215 in '95.  He definatley says in BFTO '96 that he came in bigger,
and he even admitted that he came in less conditioned, trying to play
the size game, and for '96, he was going to do it his way and not
for the judges.  Obviously he placed #2 in the '96 show, so perhaps
he was on to something.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 11:37:46 PM »
Thx for the info. but according to Flex mag. in the review of Mr. O. 95 he looked the same as in 94!!.. I believe he was the same but Kevin of 95 was in a better condition than in 94 so beat Shawn and Nasser was the hit of the year and amazed everyone with his size and shape so beat Shawn.. Dorian who was criticized a lot by Shawn before Mr. O. 95 still believed Shawn should have come 2nd to him over Kvn and Nasr..

I believe he was 204 in '94,
215 in '95.  He definatley says in BFTO '96 that he came in bigger,
and he even admitted that he came in less conditioned, trying to play
the size game, and for '96, he was going to do it his way and not
for the judges.  Obviously he placed #2 in the '96 show, so perhaps
he was on to something.