Author Topic: In the gym strongman training...  (Read 8509 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: In the gym strongman training...
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »
Danielson, quit moaning and go watch some more 90210. 

What's wrong with 90210?
E

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2008, 04:32:48 PM »
What's wrong with 90210?

Lol, and there you have it folks...
w

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2008, 06:21:47 PM »
90210 was a great show, i guess Chris is "too manly" to watch it. ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
90210 was a great show, i guess Chris is "too manly" to watch it. ::)

It's a classic, no doubt.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
I shrank to a whopping 70lbs. On this guys training regimin 3 years ago.

Shitting your pants makes a guy shrink, no doubt about it. Don't worry, I will make this fucker pay.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »
Man it was pretty brutal.  I may have some pics of the incident on my computer at work.
Feel free to post them bro. He has conned getbiggers for far too long.
E

Tom Mutaffis

• Getbig II
  • Strongman
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
All this "complex" circuit training shit makes me laugh...

I'm not gonna lie I go suckered in to training like this for a while too...I mean something so crazy has got to give you gains right?

The basic gimmick is make things so confusing and changing week to week that you can't measure your own progress and the guy that makes the wacky program is supposedly justifying his paycheck...

Newsflash: If you want to be big you have to lift heavy.  The best way to lift heavy is to do heavy sets, catch your breath in between sets and get enough nutrition before and after the workout.  No PT required.

What training style do you follow? I agree that some overly complex programs may not be worthwhile for certain individuals; but for an advanced trainee who is looking for a balance of hypertrophy, strength, and conditioning then these programs work extremely well.

I am curious as to what you consider heavy? The heaviest dumbells in that gym were 145 lbs and that is what I was using for the incline dumbell presses. The deadlifts were done with 565 lbs and 645 lbs respectively, at a bodyweight of 220 lbs (drug free).

These programs are not for everyone, but they are effective when utilized properly. I have recently published an article on the topic if you are interested in seeing additional applications and how the programs are formulated.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 03:51:10 PM »
What training style do you follow? I agree that some overly complex programs may not be worthwhile for certain individuals; but for an advanced trainee who is looking for a balance of hypertrophy, strength, and conditioning then these programs work extremely well.

I am curious as to what you consider heavy? The heaviest dumbells in that gym were 145 lbs and that is what I was using for the incline dumbell presses. The deadlifts were done with 565 lbs and 645 lbs respectively, at a bodyweight of 220 lbs (drug free).

These programs are not for everyone, but they are effective when utilized properly. I have recently published an article on the topic if you are interested in seeing additional applications and how the programs are formulated.

I think he may have been commenting on the lacrosse training video.

I agree what you say though. Plus, it was always stated that you were strongman training.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2009, 09:24:39 PM »
Why do I have a feeling that kid would lay you out on a field before you even blink?

Youre allowed to put dudes down like that? where do I sign up?

Tom Mutaffis

• Getbig II
  • Strongman
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2009, 01:22:47 PM »
I think he may have been commenting on the lacrosse training video.

I agree what you say though. Plus, it was always stated that you were strongman training.

That could be; I know that there were some comments directed at the other video that were mixed in. The post that I replied to did seem to be more directed at commercial trainers who come up with unique exercises to justify their services.

Just wanted to make sure that people did not think that my style of training was not valuable for those who are looking for a balanced physique (athletic performance, strength, body composition, hypertrophy). Complexes are a great way for powerlifters to add in conditioning, for bodybuilders to fully exhaust their muscles, or for athletes to increase time under tension.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2009, 01:28:11 PM »
That could be; I know that there were some comments directed at the other video that were mixed in. The post that I replied to did seem to be more directed at commercial trainers who come up with unique exercises to justify their services.

Just wanted to make sure that people did not think that my style of training was not valuable for those who are looking for a balanced physique (athletic performance, strength, body composition, hypertrophy). Complexes are a great way for powerlifters to add in conditioning, for bodybuilders to fully exhaust their muscles, or for athletes to increase time under tension.

Dude, the people giving you any kind of shit in here can't lift anything near you.