Author Topic: Power Blender Destroys Protein ?  (Read 7700 times)

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
Power Blender Destroys Protein ?
« on: November 27, 2008, 07:23:52 PM »
Maybe a dumb question but I have recently read that a powerful blender actually breaks down the protein powder structure and kills the protien... Is this true?  I use a power blender in the moring for my shakes and Im now worried the powerful blending is killing the protein molecular structure and Im loosing the amount of grams I should be getting.....Anyone heard of this or am I out to lunch on this one ?

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Power Blender Destroys Protein ?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
you're probably still woozy from thecrash big guy. Thank god you're so huge.

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 07:33:22 PM »
So I am out to lunch on this one...could have sworn I read it on here....damn airbag smacked my face harder then I thought and the damn smoke shit that came out after made me feel sick....

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:39:18 PM »
yes u did read it here
it was on my ronnie coleman protein shake thread
and yes it sounds true
now i add my powder to my shakes after they ar eout of blender
w

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »
Maybe a dumb question but I have recently read that a powerful blender actually breaks down the protein powder structure and kills the protien... Is this true?  I use a power blender in the moring for my shakes and Im now worried the powerful blending is killing the protein molecular structure and Im loosing the amount of grams I should be getting.....Anyone heard of this or am I out to lunch on this one ?

Blending does destroy the tertiary structure of proteins, same as heat or extremes of pH, but that doesn't really affect it / you in a nutritional sense. All protein that you consume in whatever form is broken down in your stomach to it's constituent amino acids which are then metabolized by your body. So blend away - you are only mechanically doing to a partial degree what your stomach acids do to a much greater extent.

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 07:54:01 PM »
Fucking rights thats why Im on here I asked a question I wanted to know and got a really intelligent answer right away...thanks kiwiol you seem very knowedgable

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 07:55:36 PM »
Fucking rights thats why Im on here I asked a question I wanted to know and got a really intelligent answer right away...thanks kiwiol you seem very knowedgable

Just so you know, kiwiol trained flex wheeler back in the days wheeler was living the dream, so have some respect for the man, and he will answer all of your questions

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »

You are welcome, but don't get used to it - I come here mainly to troll 8)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
You are welcome, but don't get used to it - I mainly come here to troll 8)

thanks for ruining my joke, im sure he believed it :(

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 08:00:56 PM »
"Power blender..."  As opposed to what other type of blender? A blender is a blender.

You might have bumped your head harder than you think. Go to bed.
a

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »
thanks for ruining my joke, im sure he believed it :(

LOL, I saw it after I hit post and couldn't bring myself to delete it. I'll make it up to you Benzy :-*

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 08:04:16 PM »
Blending does destroy the tertiary structure of proteins, same with heat or extremes of pH, but that doesn't really doesn't affect it / you in a nutritional sense. All protein that you consume in whatever form is broken down in your stomach to it's constituent amino acids which are then metabolized by your body. So blend away - you are only mechanically doing to a partial degree what your stomach acids do to a much greater extent.

Nice answer man

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 12:24:02 PM »
i don't know who started this "blender destorys crap" here recently..but that shit needs to stop.

that's about as ridiculous as saying cooking your food makes it worthless.. c'mon people.  I used to kid about people leaving their brains in the car on the way through the gym doors but now i'm beginning to wonder if that sarcastic statement has some truth to it after all.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 12:13:17 PM »
Hahaha - blenders destroy protein - oh brother.  ::)

Somehow I think stomach acids are a tad stronger for breaking things down than any blender ever will be.