Author Topic: Propaganda Works. . .Just Ask Any Defender of Bush  (Read 808 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Propaganda Works. . .Just Ask Any Defender of Bush
« on: November 28, 2008, 10:32:07 AM »
For all you Bush apologists who twist language to fit your warped moral views…there are people that are on to you and your sick justifications.

See, here’s how you guys operate:

…. a major reason why the Bush administration was able to break numerous laws in general, and subject detainees to illegal torture specifically, is because the media immediately mimicked the Orwellian methods adopted by the administration to speak about and obfuscate these matters.  Objective propositions that were never in dispute and cannot be reasonably disputed were denied by the Bush administration, and -- for that reason alone (one side says it's true) -- the media immediately depicted these objective facts as subject to reasonable dispute.

Hence:  "war crimes" were transformed into "policy disputes" between hawkish defenders of the country and shrill, soft-on-terror liberals.  "Torture" became "enhanced interrogation techniques which critics call torture."  And, most of all, flagrant lawbreaking -- doing X when the law says:  "X is a felony" -- became acting "pursuant to robust theories of executive power" or "expansive interpretations of statutes and treaties" or, at worst, "in circumvention of legal frameworks."
All of that is what has created the warped Beltway consensus that Bush officials who broke the law, committed war crimes and other felonies, should be absolutely immunized from the consequences of their crimes.  That's because when government officials commit "crimes," they're not actually crimes -- they're mere "policy disputes among people in good faith."  Only "incendiary" liberals believe that government officials who break the law should be subject to accusations as shrill and extreme as: "they committed crimes."
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/11/26/torture/index.html

Why there’s nothing wrong with enhanced interrogation techniques for murderous terrorists or liberating a country…

The jig is up.  Your moral relativism is exposed.  You condone evil.

Sometimes people need a swift kick in the head to wake up from their insulated dreams of nobility of purpose and action.  Look a little closer at the monster you people defend.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: Propaganda Works. . .Just Ask Any Defender of Bush
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:25:53 AM »
For all you Bush apologists who twist language to fit your warped moral views…there are people that are on to you and your sick justifications.

See, here’s how you guys operate:

…. a major reason why the Bush administration was able to break numerous laws in general, and subject detainees to illegal torture specifically, is because the media immediately mimicked the Orwellian methods adopted by the administration to speak about and obfuscate these matters.  Objective propositions that were never in dispute and cannot be reasonably disputed were denied by the Bush administration, and -- for that reason alone (one side says it's true) -- the media immediately depicted these objective facts as subject to reasonable dispute.

Hence:  "war crimes" were transformed into "policy disputes" between hawkish defenders of the country and shrill, soft-on-terror liberals.  "Torture" became "enhanced interrogation techniques which critics call torture."  And, most of all, flagrant lawbreaking -- doing X when the law says:  "X is a felony" -- became acting "pursuant to robust theories of executive power" or "expansive interpretations of statutes and treaties" or, at worst, "in circumvention of legal frameworks."
All of that is what has created the warped Beltway consensus that Bush officials who broke the law, committed war crimes and other felonies, should be absolutely immunized from the consequences of their crimes.  That's because when government officials commit "crimes," they're not actually crimes -- they're mere "policy disputes among people in good faith."  Only "incendiary" liberals believe that government officials who break the law should be subject to accusations as shrill and extreme as: "they committed crimes."
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/11/26/torture/index.html

Why there’s nothing wrong with enhanced interrogation techniques for murderous terrorists or liberating a country…

The jig is up.  Your moral relativism is exposed.  You condone evil.

Sometimes people need a swift kick in the head to wake up from their insulated dreams of nobility of purpose and action.  Look a little closer at the monster you people defend.

Again you ignore the Democratic congress that was onside during all of this.

Good Job.

I guess your moral relativism has been exposed as well.
Z

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 01:38:04 PM »
Again you ignore the Democratic congress that was onside during all of this.

Good Job.

I guess your moral relativism has been exposed as well.
Turning the tables on me?  I don't think so.

The democrats lied about torture?  No.

As for Iraq, Bush's lies about WMDs and AQ connections legally destroy any consent gained by those lies...that includes the consent of the democrats and The People of the country.

Now where do you stand?

You defend the indefensible.  You support a regime of mass murder, torture and fascist rule. 

Stop that.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »
Turning the tables on me?  I don't think so.

The democrats lied about torture?  No.

As for Iraq, Bush's lies about WMDs and AQ connections legally destroy any consent gained by those lies...that includes the consent of the democrats and The People of the country.

Now where do you stand?

You defend the indefensible.  You support a regime of mass murder, torture and fascist rule. 

Stop that.

You just don't get it, both democrats and republicans were on the committees that oversaw all of the information.
Even your lovable Joe Biden chaired the foreign relations committee during that time and voted for the Iraq war.
Heck he has even gone so far as to want to divide a foreign nation.
Z

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »
You just don't get it, both democrats and republicans were on the committees that oversaw all of the information.
Even your lovable Joe Biden chaired the foreign relations committee during that time and voted for the Iraq war.
Heck he has even gone so far as to want to divide a foreign nation.
Yeah they were lazy.  They followed Bush the leader.

BIG MISTAKE.

Who would have thought that in a time of crisis--post 9/11 attacks--the president of the USA would fraudulently make a case for war by manipulating reports/evidence and continuously lying?

Who would think a president would be so corrupt?

Now you try to excuse that criminal behavior by claiming the Democrats should have known better.

uh uh.  It don't work that way.

You don't let criminal fucks like Bush skate b/c you think other people should have known better.

Sorry, that does zero to change Bush's active fraud and criminal culpability.

For christ's look at what he brought us to--torturing human beings...untried human beings...mere detainees.  How do you spin that?

Not to mention his hard-on for killing Iraqis...a whole lot of Iraqis....tens of thousands of men, women and children who no longer walk this earth b/c of Bush's fraud and mass murder.

How do you feel now?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »
yes the nation finally woke up for the most part, delivering a landslide victory for the alternative and giving bush the lowest approval rating of all time. of course there will always be his gullible supporters, but they are now positively the fringe minority (except in texas lol)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »
yes the nation finally woke up for the most part, delivering a landslide victory for the alternative and giving bush the lowest approval rating of all time. of course there will always be his gullible supporters, but they are not positively the fringe minority (except in texas lol)
The casual moral attitude of some of these right wingers is staggering to me.  Their acceptance of raw evil just b/c "it's our guy" doing the killing and torturing.  And like true moral cowards, they blame others for their own failings.

I know that's a bit harsh this holiday season, but I'm not going to start bullshitting myself just to get along.  If I do that, then I'm playing their game.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »
And like true moral cowards, they blame others for their own failings.
[/quote

That is the best description of pussy liberals I have ever heard.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »
And like true moral cowards, they blame others for their own failings.

Coward.  Using my own ideas b/c you are bereft of your own. 

Cartel's USA--where we torture and kill just b/c we can.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 03:18:16 PM »
Coward.  Using my own ideas b/c you are bereft of your own. 

Cartel's USA--where we torture and kill just b/c we can.

Your "ideas" is the same Liberal crap all Libs have been using for the past 20 years.

Look at this board. You guys circle jerk every Lib idea to death without anything new added for debate or discussion.

And that isn't my USA. That is yours since it appears that is what you think all the US does.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »
yes the nation finally woke up for the most part, delivering a landslide victory for the alternative and giving bush the lowest approval rating of all time. of course there will always be his gullible supporters, but they are not positively the fringe minority (except in texas lol)

It surrrrrre took long enough. Better late than never I suppose.  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 03:22:16 PM »
The casual moral attitude of some of these right wingers is staggering to me.  Their acceptance of raw evil just b/c "it's our guy" doing the killing and torturing.  And like true moral cowards, they blame others for their own failings.

I know that's a bit harsh this holiday season, but I'm not going to start bullshitting myself just to get along.  If I do that, then I'm playing their game.

Kind of sad, sick, and disgusting if you ask me. Then the truly perverse part of it is, ...they then stand on the bible to condone and justify the beastial ways. When you point out that irony... they fall back on their go to argument in defense of genocidal murder. You know what it is. Here it comes... wait for it... 3...2...1
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »
Fear and war fever is a very powerful tool isn't it?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 02:51:26 AM »
Fear and war fever is a very powerful tool isn't it?

“Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know?
For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.”
--Caesar

w