Author Topic: Football player accidentally shoots himself in the foot.  (Read 27109 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Football player accidentally shoots himself in the foot.
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
It was reported that Plaxico CLAIMED he told the club workers he was carrying a gun(according to the police report).What evidence is there to support that the employees allowed him to carry a gun???

My point is that Plaxico is obviously full of shit. What legitimate licensed bar/club would allow you to carry a gun inside the premises once you have informed them of such?

You're getting in to semantics, could be one or ther other no one knows yet. Common sense that they were would likely notice it during searches and use of metal detectors.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 04:40:03 PM »
You're getting in to semantics, could be one or ther other no one knows yet. Common sense that they were would likely notice it during searches and use of metal detectors.

I hear you. I just thought you were trying to say that the situation was confirmed that he told the club employees that he was packing heat. I just think it's highly unlikely that they would allow him in the club knowing that he had a gun.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »
It looks as though they did that, knew he was carrying and waved him through.

According to the New York Daily News, Burress told the Latin Quarter nightclub management that he had the gun on him — again, not guilty? — because he was afraid that the “flashy bling” he was wearing would get him held up.

body88

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »
It looks as though they did that, knew he was carrying and waved him through.

According to the New York Daily News, Burress told the Latin Quarter nightclub management that he had the gun on him — again, not guilty? — because he was afraid that the “flashy bling” he was wearing would get him held up.

I work in media.  Stars carry guns all the time, and you better believe many clubs and bars look the other way.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 07:47:18 PM »
I work in media.  Stars carry guns all the time, and you better believe many clubs and bars look the other way.

Yeah. God forbid the club owner tells the celebrity that he can't bring his gun inside for fear of those same stars never coming in their club again.

body88

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »
Yeah. God forbid the club owner tells the celebrity that he can't bring his gun inside for fear of those same stars never coming in their club again.

It's sad but true. 

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »
I didn't think you could carry concealed in NYC.

You generally can't, so he probably broke the law there too. However, pro athletes, talk talk show hosts (Howard Stern for example), connected politicians, etc can get LTC in NYC, which is why guns laws are elitist, racist, and un Const. by there very nature. The wealthy, connected, and famous always get taken care of while the "regular folk" get screwed.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »
Yep yep.  There are circumstances when accidents can happen.  Glocks for example, have no external safety, other than trigger safety practice and the inner trigger stop.  Adjusting it when concealed, you can shoot yourself. 

Only if you put your finger in the trigger guard while adjusting said gun which means your gun handling/safety skills suck. You can do that with any DAO pistol of course, but it's a gun handling thing, not a Glock thing per se.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 07:28:06 AM »
It's sad but true. 

Maybe I'm not being realistic, but I still doubt Plaxico told anybody he was carrying gun. I mean, if Antonio Pierce is willing to testify to a grand jury that he didn't know Burress was carrying a gun then that leads me to believe that NOBODY knew he was carrying a gun, period.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 09:57:32 AM »
Maybe I'm not being realistic, but I still doubt Plaxico told anybody he was carrying gun. I mean, if Antonio Pierce is willing to testify to a grand jury that he didn't know Burress was carrying a gun then that leads me to believe that NOBODY knew he was carrying a gun, period.

You're right, you persist with the wrong line of reasoning; anything to avoid admitting you're wrong i guess. ???

It's been reported from the beginning that he told the club he was carrying, and if he hadn't he knew they'd frisk him and find it going thru the detector. They let him in because his celebrity helps the club and letting characters in to a shit-hop club while carrying's not that unusual, sadly.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2008, 12:11:32 PM »
You're right, you persist with the wrong line of reasoning; anything to avoid admitting you're wrong i guess. ???

It's been reported from the beginning that he told the club he was carrying, and if he hadn't he knew they'd frisk him and find it going thru the detector. They let him in because his celebrity helps the club and letting characters in to a shit-hop club while carrying's not that unusual, sadly.

So basically that would mean Antonio Pierce had no idea that Burress was armed but the club workers did? Remember, Pierce is going to testify in front of a grand jury and tell the truth. Why would he commit perjury when he's not the main target of the investigation?

Sorry, not buying it. And you use the key word "reported". No hard facts to back that claim up so you really don't know either. Unless you're one of those types of people that believe everything they read in the newspaper.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2008, 02:25:20 PM »
So basically that would mean Antonio Pierce had no idea that Burress was armed but the club workers did?

It's quite conceivable, especially if one went in without the other. Stretch your mind.