Author Topic: GOP Looks to Louisiana's Governor  (Read 4975 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
GOP Looks to Louisiana's Governor
« on: November 30, 2008, 10:51:32 AM »
Looks like he is being anointed. 

GOP Looks to Louisiana's Governor
Jindal May Prove To be Republicans' Version of Obama

By Michael Leahy
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, November 30, 2008; Page A02

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Last weekend, 18 days after Barack Obama decisively defeated their candidate for president, a mostly Republican crowd of self-described conservatives received their first introduction to someone many prominent members of the GOP think could be the party's own version of Obama.

Like the president-elect, Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana is young (37), accomplished (a Rhodes scholar) and, as the son of Indian immigrants, someone familiar with breaking racial and cultural barriers. He came to Iowa to deliver a pair of speeches, and his mere presence ignited talk that the 2012 presidential campaign has begun here, if coyly. Already, a fierce fight is looming between him and other Republicans -- former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, who arrived in Iowa a couple of days before him, and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who is said to be coming at some point -- for the hearts of social conservatives.

"The Republicans really have no choice except to look at some people more youthful if they want to have a better chance of winning," said Betty E. Johnson, an independent and the wife of a Cedar Rapids pastor, who voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004 but who went for Obama over 72-year-old John McCain. "I liked Obama's energy and hope. I don't know, but maybe a younger person would give Republicans a feeling of more energy, openness."

Jindal insists he is ignoring all the speculation. In Cedar Rapids, at a breakfast event devoted to addressing this beleaguered city's efforts to rebound from its disastrous flood last summer, he avoided any reference to 2012, staying focused on explaining Louisiana's methods for coping with hurricane floods in emergencies on his watch.

Meanwhile, others around the country were talking him up. No less an aspiring kingmaker than Steve Schmidt, the chief strategist of McCain's failed presidential bid, sees Jindal as the Republican Party's destiny. "The question is not whether he'll be president, but when he'll be president, because he will be elected someday." The anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist believes, too, that Jindal is a certainty to occupy the White House, and conservative talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh has described him as "the next Ronald Reagan."

. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/29/AR2008112901777.html?hpid=topnews

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: GOP Looks to Louisiana's Governor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 11:03:49 AM »
If Jindal leads the ticket in 2012... who will the racists vote for?

I have a hard time believing the stupid people who called Obama a muslim and didn't like him because of his skin color are going to vote for a guy that looks like this:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »
If Jindal leads the ticket in 2012... who will the racists vote for?

I have a hard time believing the stupid people who called Obama a muslim and didn't like him because of his skin color are going to vote for a guy that looks like this:

true and he wont have the anybody to blindly vote for him just b/c of his skin color like obama did either...

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 02:26:57 PM »
true and he wont have the anybody to blindly vote for him just b/c of his skin color like obama did either...

there is a shitload of dot-heads, look around man ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 03:37:10 PM »

LOL...

There are almost 3 million US residents of Indian descent.

You officially KNOW that not one of them will vote Jindal because of his skin color, huh?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 03:43:48 PM »
It's a long way from 2012 to start making predictions

having said that, I predict that Palin won't stand a chance in 2012 and the Repugs will move back to their roots (which means away from the christian kooks) if they want any chance of anything in 2012

oh yeah, and Obama's sweat will be shown to cure cancer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 03:47:14 PM »
the way FOX bashed the shit out of Palin following the election - it seemed like the repub 'powers that be' wanted her to be embarassed and soil any chances of her winning in 2012.

The FOX reporters knew about the 'africa is a country' and 'what countries are in NAFTA?' thing during the months of september and october, yet agreed to keep it off the record until after the election.

Burning her shows they don't want her fuccing things up in 2012.  i'd like to see the Repub party put up the MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE.  Do I believe Palin is the most intelligent, logical, experienced, shrewd republican in the country?  Does anyone believe that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »
the way FOX bashed the shit out of Palin following the election - it seemed like the repub 'powers that be' wanted her to be embarassed and soil any chances of her winning in 2012.

The FOX reporters knew about the 'africa is a country' and 'what countries are in NAFTA?' thing during the months of september and october, yet agreed to keep it off the record until after the election.

Burning her shows they don't want her fuccing things up in 2012.  i'd like to see the Repub party put up the MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE.  Do I believe Palin is the most intelligent, logical, experienced, shrewd republican in the country?  Does anyone believe that?

no serious Repug candidate is going to pick her as VEEP so her only "chance" would be as a presidential candidate...... please give me a few hours to stop laughing and I'll explain why she has less chance than those turkeys in her most recent youtube video.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »
no serious Repug candidate is going to pick her as VEEP so her only "chance" would be as a presidential candidate...... please give me a few hours to stop laughing and I'll explain why she has less chance than those turkeys in her most recent youtube video.

On the democrat boards, they're pissing their pants with glee on the thought of a Palin vs. Obama ticket in 2012.

Honestly, if things are going well for Obama in 2010 and 2011, I doubt the major names like Romney or Jindal will waste their shot by running in 2012.  You don't get second chances to run, and Obama won at 53% to 46%.  It'd take a miracle for any repub candidate to topple Obama in the middle of his run.  Methinks they'll put another Dole up as a sign of respect.  Newt maybe?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »
On the democrat boards, they're pissing their pants with glee on the thought of a Palin vs. Obama ticket in 2012.

Honestly, if things are going well for Obama in 2010 and 2011, I doubt the major names like Romney or Jindal will waste their shot by running in 2012.  You don't get second chances to run, and Obama won at 53% to 46%.  It'd take a miracle for any repub candidate to topple Obama in the middle of his run.  Methinks they'll put another Dole up as a sign of respect.  Newt maybe?

Or as people like Peter Schiff have predicted...there is much, much more economic shit in the hay coming...
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 04:00:26 PM »

Newton will be too old and still just as poisoness as he currently is.

It's really hard to predict anything at this point .....except that it won't be Palin (IMHO)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 04:01:48 PM »
Or as people like Peter Schiff have predicted...there is much, much more economic shit in the hay coming...

I'm getting tired with that guy being right about everything.

I really think his prediction about the price of gold is just a bit nutty

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 05:33:45 PM »
LOL...

There are almost 3 million US residents of Indian descent.

You officially KNOW that not one of them will vote Jindal because of his skin color, huh?
as opposed to how many ppl of african decent that voted for obama simply b/c of his skin color? My point is that it wouldnt be like obamas situation.

read between the lines.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 05:34:54 PM »
as opposed to how many ppl of african decent that voted for obama simply b/c of his skin color? My point is that it wouldnt be like obamas situation.  read between the lines.

and all white people voted for McCain because of his skin color

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 05:42:55 PM »
and all white people voted for McCain because of his skin color

i didnt say all did i? you think that a lot of african americans didnt vote for obama simply b/c he was black?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »
i didnt say all did i? you think that a lot of african americans didnt vote for obama simply b/c he was black?

I just assumed that most voters looked at their choices and picked who they thought would be the best choice for POTUS.

No doubt some voted for him solely because he was black but then I assume some voted for McCain soley because he wasn't black (or looking at it another way - because he was white).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 05:53:03 PM »
totally off topic but Jindal makes Obama look like Ronnie Coleman.

That dude needs to bulk up a bit if he wants to take Obama in 2012

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 05:55:12 PM »
I just assumed that most voters looked at their choices and picked who they thought would be the best candidate.

No doubt some voted for him solely because he was black but then I assume some voted for McCain soley because he wasn't black (or looking at it another way - because he was white).
I agree with you there.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 05:56:13 PM »
totally off topic but Jindal makes Obama look like Ronnie Coleman.

That dude needs to bulk up a bit if he wants to take Obama in 2012
LOL iono about that obama is pretty lanky but it does look like he exercises pretty regularly.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 05:59:28 PM »
LOL iono about that obama is pretty lanky but it does look like he exercises pretty regularly.

Jindal looks like a strong wind would knock him over.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »
Jindal looks like a strong wind would knock him over.

hahahah

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »
skinny guy.  Very odd and lanky when he moves.

You see a guy like Bill Clinton, he looks comfortable in his own skin.  You don't see that with Jindal.   quirky.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »
skinny guy.  Very odd and lanky when he moves.

You see a guy like Bill Clinton, he looks comfortable in his own skin.  You don't see that with Jindal.   quirky.
he is kind akward when he is moving but he is very confident and articulate and I would not say he wasnt comfortable in his own skin.

I didnt realize the 2012 election was going to have a runway walkoff as part of the election.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 07:52:16 PM »
I didnt realize the 2012 election was going to have a runway walkoff as part of the election.

2008 sure was.  You don't think Palin's appearance had anything to do with her getting the nod over many more qualified, educated, and experienced people?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »
2008 sure was.  You don't think Palin's appearance had anything to do with her getting the nod over many more qualified, educated, and experienced people?
LOL oh ya but the same could be said about obama as well.