Author Topic: Abolish the BCS - now  (Read 10085 times)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
Re: Abolish the BCS - now
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
Bama won't beat Florida no way, no how, they don't have anywhere near enough offense, it will be Florida/Oklahoma for the nat. championship.

You don't have the brains nor the credentials to be making any predictions.  

We'll see what happens when they play each other next weekend.  I do happen to agree that Florida is very capable of beating 'Bama.  But to say no way, no how?  The tide just shut out Auburn and scored nearly FORTY points in the process.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »

We'll see what happens when they play each other next weekend.  I do happen to agree that Florida is very capable of beating 'Bama.  But to say no way, no how?  The tide just shut out Auburn and scored nearly FORTY points in the process.
what gives you the "credentials" to be making any predictions, Lee Corso?

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
The National Championship game should be Florida vs. USC anyway.  I'm still looking for a team from the Little 12 that plays a lick of defense.  

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 03:15:41 PM »
what gives you the "credentials" to be making any predictions, Lee Corso?

I didn't make any predictions.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »

hahahahhaha, Auburn is fuccking terrible this year, shows how much you know about college ball. ::)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 03:17:17 PM »
The National Championship game should be Florida vs. USC anyway.  I'm still looking for a team from the Little 12 that plays a lick of defense.  

USC does have a great defense, but they are in a weaker conference.  The Big 12 was a beast this year.  Losing to lowly Oregon State was unfortunate...otherwise they would be right there in the mix.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »
I'd like to see a "final 4 teams" picked after all the bowls are played.  Never happen.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
hahahahhaha, Auburn is fuccking terrible this year, shows how much you know about college ball. ::)

I would roast you alive in a live debate about college football.  You know as much about football as you do about bodybuilding.  You've been afflicted with a genetically low IQ score that impairs your world view significantly.  

In short, you're quite moronic.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
I would roast you alive in a live debate about college football.  You know as much about football as you do about bodybuilding.  You've been afflicted with a genetically low IQ score that impairs your world view significantly.  

In short, you're quite moronic.
hahahaha, you're the one who thought Auburn was a good team this year and i'm the moron? pot meet kettle. :D

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 03:21:26 PM »
I'd like to see a "final 4 teams" picked after all the bowls are played.  Never happen.

I agree - the revenues would be crazy too.  The NCAA certainly isn't going to REDUCE the amount of games that are played during the year; why not add a 4 team playoff after the bowl season?  

There's definitely a way to make this whole thing work...I wonder when it will actually happen though.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
hahahaha, you're the one who thought Auburn was a good team this year and i'm the moron? pot meet kettle. :D

Thing is, you're not capable of knowing when your ass is being handed to you.  I don't expect you to back down because you don't have the intellect to debate reasonably and rationally in the first place.  Thus, I will not continue to waste my time with gutter trash such as yourself. 

Please commence with your idiotic behavior.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 03:25:04 PM »
USC does have a great defense, but they are in a weaker conference.  The Big 12 was a beast this year.  Losing to lowly Oregon State was unfortunate...otherwise they would be right there in the mix.

Bama blinking Auburn (no clue about Off) or LSU (rotating FR QBs in a loaded SEC) this yr shouldnt be in the thread.
Agreed that FL isnt a given w/Bama.  Bama cant afford to fall behind 14 or 10 - o early.  Get up and fill FL w/HBs between the tackles.  Anyway...should be a good next 2 weeks to set this all up.  

As far as Bowls....I love them.  it's college ball so controversy is ok.  Some gets in somebody doesnt.  Keep the bowls.  I went to the 83 Sugar Bowl as a kid w/H Walker GA vs Marino Pitt.  Much better than any playoff system.  keep that for the NFL.  
Oh...Monica!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 03:25:08 PM »
I agree - the revenues would be crazy too.  The NCAA certainly isn't going to REDUCE the amount of games that are played during the year; why not add a 4 team playoff after the bowl season?  

There's definitely a way to make this whole thing work...I wonder when it will actually happen though.

One concern that I heard was attendance because they were talking about the fanbase of the teams having to travel...I think that's an idiotic argument against it, but that was given as a stumbling block.  Crazy.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »
Thing is, you're not capable of knowing when your ass is being handed to you.  I don't expect you to back down because you don't have the intellect to debate reasonably and rationally in the first place.  Thus, I will not continue to waste my time with gutter trash such as yourself. 

Please commence with your idiotic behavior.
hahahahahaa, as usual no answer for what i said, why did you think that beating Auburn was such a huge thing for Bama.................BTW ........................ epic name calling meltdown. :D

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2008, 03:26:58 PM »
Oklahoma and Missouri are playing for the Big 12 title and Texas beat them both.

Fuck this shit.   >:(

Signed,
Pissed off Longhorn Fan

If Missouri pulls off the upset and beats OU in the Big 12 Championship, who's to say Texas won't play in the BCS Title game. Texas should be ranked higher than USC so that could actually happen.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 03:29:30 PM »

If Missouri pulls off the upset and beats OU in the Big 12 Championship, who's to say Texas won't play in the BCS Title game. Texas should be ranked higher than USC so that could actually happen.

I'm ordering my Tiger gear tonite.

They'd better win that game!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 03:39:37 PM »
I'm ordering my Tiger gear tonite.

They'd better win that game!
i'm a Mizzou fan but they don't have a chance, can't believe they gave Pinkel all that money when he hasn't beaten anybody good yet.

skillz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2008, 04:06:09 PM »
You have to win your conference to play in the bcs title game, so Texas is done.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »
You have to win your conference to play in the bcs title game, so Texas is done.

No you don't. The higher ranked team at the end of the Conference Championship games gets the nod. Meaning, if Fla. beats Bama, they automaticlly go. If Oklahome loses to Mizzou and Texas is higher ranked than USC, Texas goes( because they and USC are still only 1 loss teams, whereas Mizzou is a 3 loss team). Texas Tech is totally out of the equation even though they only lost 1 game, because they slipped to #7 in the BCS Poll.The Sportsreporters Program on ESPN were talking about this very situation this morning.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »

No you don't. The higher ranked team at the end of the Conference Championship games gets the nod. Meaning, if Fla. beats Bama, they automaticlly go. If Oklahome loses to Mizzou and Texas is higher ranked than USC, Texas goes( because they and USC are still only 1 loss teams, whereas Mizzou is a 3 loss team). Texas Tech is totally out of the equation even though they only lost 1 game, because they slipped to #7 in the BCS Poll.The Sportsreporters Program on ESPN were talking about this very situation this morning.

what if FL only beats Bama by a point late or it takes over-time?  does Bama fall...just to #2?  their power and computer rating would still be better than OK beating at 3 lose Mizz team.  FL vs AL Part II for the NC game.
Oh...Monica!

koolie1

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2008, 04:44:19 PM »
College football fucking blows so who cares.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »
College football fucking blows so who cares.
::)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »
what if FL only beats Bama by a point late or it takes over-time?  does Bama fall...just to #2?  their power and computer rating would still be better than OK beating at 3 lose Mizz team.  FL vs AL Part II for the NC game.

That scenario almost happened 2 or 3 years ago, where Ohio State beat Michigan in a close game and alot of Big Ten people wanted Michigan and Ohio S. to meet again in the BCS Title game. Never happened though. The worst scenario I can think of (besides what happened today) is Mizzou beating OU and USC leapfrogging everyone and playing for the BCS Title against the SEC Champ. You know how the pollsters love USC.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2008, 04:48:12 PM »
Oklahoma and Missouri are playing for the Big 12 title and Texas beat them both.

Fuck this shit.   >:(

Signed,
Pissed off Longhorn Fan

how long have you been a longhorn fan?

E
E

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2008, 04:49:06 PM »
at least we dont have to watch Ohio State or some other big 10 school get smoked by 40 pts in a championship game
Valhalla awaits.