Author Topic: This seems like a good deal...  (Read 795 times)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
This seems like a good deal...
« on: December 01, 2008, 10:14:05 PM »
...for a whey protein isolate.  You guys know of anything better out there before I order a bunch of this stuff?

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/now-100_percent_pure_whey_protein_isolate_natural.htm

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: This seems like a good deal...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 10:17:04 PM »
 All this, with only 1 gram of fat and 7 carbs per serving.

that is whey protein concentrate, not whey protein isolate. at 6.99 per pund, yes, there are lots of cheaper places for whey concentrate.

look at trueprotein's whey concentrate i believe its under 5 dollars per pound and it gets cheaper the more you buy.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:18:05 PM »
Is that the stuff hand packed in a TJ bathroom by HIV positive mexicans as seen in the movie Bigger/Stronger/Faster?

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »

that is whey protein concentrate, not whey protein isolate. at 6.99 per pund, yes, there are lots of cheaper places for whey concentrate.

look at trueprotein's whey concentrate i believe its under 5 dollars per pound and it gets cheaper the more you buy.

Hmmm.  The supplement facts are quite different than the description.  What gives?

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:21:08 PM »

I was tempted to go with trueprotein, but this is just a better cost for an isolate.  I want to order 20 lbs of whey isolate to save on shipping costs and get an idea of how the powder is working with my body. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 10:22:02 PM »
hmmm...well the supplement facts are based on 28 gram scoop while the other one was based on "per 50 grams of protein"

eithr way, thats a whey CONCENTRATE, not a whey isolate

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »
WPI should have zero fats and zero carbs

Supplement Facts 
Serving Size:28 grams
Servings per Container: 162 

Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
Calories 105 
Total Fat .3g <1
Cholesterol 4mg 2
Sodium 40mg 2
Total Carbohydrate 1g <1
Sugars 1g

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 10:26:30 PM »
WPI should have zero fats and zero carbs

Supplement Facts 
Serving Size:28 grams
Servings per Container: 162 

Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
Calories 105 
Total Fat .3g <1
Cholesterol 4mg 2
Sodium 40mg 2
Total Carbohydrate 1g <1
Sugars 1g

So...what gives here?  They just threw a gram of sugar in per serving?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 10:30:12 PM »
honestly i have no idea dude but a true whey protein isolate will have zero carbs and fats

but the carbs and fats are really low so i wouldnt worry about them in a diet i would only be skeptical of the brand because it seems kinda shady to sell a "isolate" with fats and carbs in it(even though its really small fats and carbs)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 10:32:04 PM »
honestly i have no idea dude but a true whey protein isolate will have zero carbs and fats

but the carbs and fats are really low so i wouldnt worry about them in a diet i would only be skeptical of the brand because it seems kinda shady to sell a "isolate" with fats and carbs in it(even though its really small fats and carbs)

Well, I think I'll order a 10 lb bag and see how it works.  I will probably order some stuff from trueprotein as well...as everyone raves about how good it is.  What type of isolate would you suggest I try?  Dave Palumbo recommends the Cold-filtered type.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 10:35:43 PM »
if you could afford it, get the peptopro !! its hydrolyzed but its not bitter tasting. second best is hydrolyzed whey ..but that is realy bitter tasting.  next i think would be the cold filtered like palumbo recommends... but im not too sure theres much of any difference between any of the isolates besides the hydrolyzed one (broken down to tiny peptides so its instantly abosrbed)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »
if you could afford it, get the peptopro !! its hydrolyzed but its not bitter tasting. second best is hydrolyzed whey ..but that is realy bitter tasting.  next i think would be the cold filtered like palumbo recommends... but im not too sure theres much of any difference between any of the isolates besides the hydrolyzed one (broken down to tiny peptides so its instantly abosrbed)

Wow...I need to get much more serious before I think about getting the peptopro...that's crazy.  I think the cold filtered would be my best bet - do you custom make your protein?