Author Topic: Unseen picture of Yates - 5 Days of Dorian  (Read 7322 times)

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
Unseen picture of Yates - 5 Days of Dorian
« on: December 02, 2008, 06:15:13 PM »
We have launched our "5 Days of Dorian" on Bodybuilding.com - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/five_days_of_dorian_feature.htm

We have a great calendar of events for Yates fans which include interviews and pictorials.

At the end of the five days we will publish an unbelievable unseen picture of Yates. The picture is shot by Kevin Horton. I believe Kevin mentioned that Yates was in the high 270's when the picture was taken. This will be published as a wallpaper.

Enjoy.
Deputy Editor

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Unseen picture of Yates - 5 Days of Dorian
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:16:22 PM »
We have launched our "5 Days of Dorian" on Bodybuilding.com - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/five_days_of_dorian_feature.htm

We have a great calendar of events for Yates fans which include interviews and pictorials.

At the end of the five days we will publish an unbelievable unseen picture of Yates. The picture is shot by Kevin Horton. I believe Kevin mentioned that Yates was in the high 260's when the picture was taken. This will be published as a wallpaper.

Enjoy.

Prepare for many meltdowns lol

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:00:53 PM »
Prepare for many meltdowns lol

nah, they will probably do something similar for Ronnie Coleman with a "never before seen pic" that destroys anything Dorian ever presented. ;)

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:43:03 PM »
this is it?  look at those pea shooter arms.  ive seen many gym rats who have done a few cycles with bigger guns than this.  his chest looks so thick i think it would deflect bullets if someone shot him

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 08:55:25 PM »
"On the fifth day of Dorian, my true love game to me..."

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 08:56:39 PM »
"On the fifth day of Dorian, my true love game to me..."

;D

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 11:07:13 PM »
Synthol.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 11:22:38 PM »
Excellent interview on training!  Dorian is very cerebral in his approach to all things bodybuilding.  I also enjoyed his comments with regard to gurus in the industry.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 11:28:47 PM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 11:43:47 PM »
great stuff,dorian was very thorough in his aproach to bodybuilding,he showed the world that even if you dont have the perfect structure you can still make amazing progress with enough discipline and willpower
R

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 01:17:34 AM »
nah, they will probably do something similar for Ronnie Coleman with a "never before seen pic" that destroys anything Dorian ever presented. ;)

Thanks for following me puppy  ;)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 02:37:27 AM »
dont forget on the 5th my true love came to me, dorian yates ultimate edition blu ray in high def and a pair of striated glutes with veins.........

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 04:09:33 AM »
He caused spite within Arnold

His peers were in total awe

He was hugely admired by Ronnie

He was even untouchable to the the schmoes

Joe and Ben loved him, but they could never "have" him....

on all levels, he was simply the best

Hail the KING Dorian....

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 04:15:05 AM »
[ Q ] As an expert trainer yourself, do people look up to you more for the fact that you have the knowledge they need, or because of your six-time Mr. Olympia status?
dots

I think it is firstly because I am a Mr. Olympia, but when they train with me, then they respect the training knowledge. Just because I'm Mr. Olympia doesn't mean I'm knowledgeable. I'm a good trainer because I'm very knowledgeable and I pass this on and take pride in doing that, explaining to people why.

I'm not a guy who goes into a gym with somebody and just stands there and counts reps. I've seen the so-called top trainers doing this. I saw a "top" trainer at Gold's Gym training Paul Dillet during a back session and Paul had way more arms than he could ever use, huge arms, but absolutely no lats.

He was doing a so-called lat exercise and he was just using his arms to do the exercise because they are very strong: he was using totally wrong body mechanics and this so-called top trainer was just standing there saying, "Come on Paul two, three, four, that's it buddy, come on, five." He should have been correcting his form and telling how he was doing it totally wrong, and explaining how to do it properly.

Charles Glass taken down hard lol

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 05:23:29 AM »
[ Q ] As an expert trainer yourself, do people look up to you more for the fact that you have the knowledge they need, or because of your six-time Mr. Olympia status?
dots

I think it is firstly because I am a Mr. Olympia, but when they train with me, then they respect the training knowledge. Just because I'm Mr. Olympia doesn't mean I'm knowledgeable. I'm a good trainer because I'm very knowledgeable and I pass this on and take pride in doing that, explaining to people why.

I'm not a guy who goes into a gym with somebody and just stands there and counts reps. I've seen the so-called top trainers doing this. I saw a "top" trainer at Gold's Gym training Paul Dillet during a back session and Paul had way more arms than he could ever use, huge arms, but absolutely no lats.

He was doing a so-called lat exercise and he was just using his arms to do the exercise because they are very strong: he was using totally wrong body mechanics and this so-called top trainer was just standing there saying, "Come on Paul two, three, four, that's it buddy, come on, five." He should have been correcting his form and telling how he was doing it totally wrong, and explaining how to do it properly.

haha Dorian is king, he can own anyone he chooses

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 05:43:15 AM »
dots

It does not matter if you like Yates or not, the bottom line is he is, and always has been very widely respected by the other top BB. Whenever they want to get past a sticking point in the training etc it was Dorian a lot of them turned too. Cormier, dillett, Wheeler, dugdale  to name a couple. Doz always said that if Wheeler has listened to him instead of slacking he would have beaten Doz to an olympia or two.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 07:35:45 AM »
Back in the day Yates was awesome!!!...the "mystique" he had (hiding out in england then showing up bigger/better to kick everyones asses!!)

seeing him guest pose at over 300 lbs (first bodybuilder to ever do so)
it was a great great time/era (the VHS tape "Blood And Guts"  Leroy yelling at Yates..........."Let's go DIESEL!"")

good memories

suckmymuscle

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 07:39:42 AM »
I believe Kevin mentioned that Yates was in the high 260's when the picture was taken.

Kevin told me that he has pictures of Dorian where he's 283 lbs and just as hard as in those famous black&whites where he's 269 lbs. These unseen pictures were taken a few weeks out from the 95' Olympia, and Mr.Horton said Dorian in that shape would defeat anyone in the history of the sport.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 07:43:39 AM »
Great interview gethin! Doz great as usual too!

"Well, I was a big squatter in my early days. That's what everyone did and it was macho exercise as well. It was like if you don't squat then you are not even a real man. That was the attitude in the gym. And, of course, Tom Platz was the big guy around back then, with his massive legs and his preaching about squats. But there were times when I was forced to look at alternatives - from the free weight squat anyway.

I would always pre-exhaust before I got onto the compound exercises, but I did leg press, and hack squatting, or squatting on a Smith machine instead of going to squats. And I found I got much better development from these exercises than from just heavy squatting. It depends a lot on your structure, but it (the squat) didn't suit me. So hack squats, leg presses and pre-exhaustion with leg extensions."

I've been saying this stuff for years but somehow the caveman attitude keeps everyone squatting and hurting their lower backs all the while building huge glutes and no quads whatsoever.
Tall guys out there especially: if it doesnt feel right, ditch those squats!

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 08:34:53 AM »
great stuff,dorian was very thorough in his aproach to bodybuilding,he showed the world that even if you dont have the perfect structure you can still make amazing progress with enough discipline and willpower drugs

i hope you're joking...

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 08:36:41 AM »
Terrible bodybuilder
!

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 08:57:11 AM »
Thanks for following me puppy

ha ha ha, how am I following you? This isn't your thread and I'm just as anxious as you to see these pics.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »
He caused spite within Arnold

His peers were in total awe

He was hugely admired by Ronnie

He was even untouchable to the the schmoes

Joe and Ben loved him, but they could never "have" him....

on all levels, he was simply the best

Hail the KING Dorian....

Very true - good post.  8)

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 09:10:18 AM »
Great interview gethin! Doz great as usual too!

"Well, I was a big squatter in my early days. That's what everyone did and it was macho exercise as well. It was like if you don't squat then you are not even a real man. That was the attitude in the gym. And, of course, Tom Platz was the big guy around back then, with his massive legs and his preaching about squats. But there were times when I was forced to look at alternatives - from the free weight squat anyway.

I would always pre-exhaust before I got onto the compound exercises, but I did leg press, and hack squatting, or squatting on a Smith machine instead of going to squats. And I found I got much better development from these exercises than from just heavy squatting. It depends a lot on your structure, but it (the squat) didn't suit me. So hack squats, leg presses and pre-exhaustion with leg extensions."

I've been saying this stuff for years but somehow the caveman attitude keeps everyone squatting and hurting their lower backs all the while building huge glutes and no quads whatsoever.
Tall guys out there especially: if it doesnt feel right, ditch those squats!

Sorry, I meant high 270's. I believe this is the pic that Kev might be talking about. Mr Horton, are you out there?
Deputy Editor