Author Topic: Oh Brother!  (Read 561 times)

The Coach

Oh Brother!
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:47:24 AM »
Possum May Be Extinct Due to Global Warming
Wednesday, December 03, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

Mike Trenery/Queensland Wet Tropics Management Authority

The rare white variety of the lemuroid ringtail possum.
Scientists say a white possum native to the Daintree rainforest in the Australian state of Queensland has become the first mammal to become extinct due to man-made global warming.

The Brisbane, Queensland, Courier-Mail reports the white variety of the lemuroid ringtail possum, found only above 3,000 feet in the mountain forests of far north Queensland, has not been seen for three years.

Experts fear climate change is to blame for the disappearance of the highly vulnerable strain thanks to a temperature rise of up to 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit.

Researchers will mount a last-ditch expedition early next year deep into the untouched "cloud forests" of the Carbine Range near Mt. Lewis, three hours north of the city of Cairns, in search of the tiny tree-dweller, dubbed the "Dodo of the Daintree."

"It is not looking good," researcher Steve Williams said. "If they have died out it would be first example of something that has gone extinct purely because of global warming."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,461007,00.html

Dan-O

• Getbig V
Re: Oh Brother!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:01:59 AM »
I think the rare white variety of the lemuroid ringtail possum may be extinct due to the stupidity of environmentalists.

There's about as much hard scientific data to back my theory as there is to back theirs.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »
Possum May Be Extinct Due to Global Warming
Wednesday, December 03, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

Mike Trenery/Queensland Wet Tropics Management Authority

The rare white variety of the lemuroid ringtail possum.
Scientists say a white possum native to the Daintree rainforest in the Australian state of Queensland has become the first mammal to become extinct due to man-made global warming.

The Brisbane, Queensland, Courier-Mail reports the white variety of the lemuroid ringtail possum, found only above 3,000 feet in the mountain forests of far north Queensland, has not been seen for three years.

Experts fear climate change is to blame for the disappearance of the highly vulnerable strain thanks to a temperature rise of up to 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit.

Researchers will mount a last-ditch expedition early next year deep into the untouched "cloud forests" of the Carbine Range near Mt. Lewis, three hours north of the city of Cairns, in search of the tiny tree-dweller, dubbed the "Dodo of the Daintree."

"It is not looking good," researcher Steve Williams said. "If they have died out it would be first example of something that has gone extinct purely because of global warming."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,461007,00.html
That's too bad.  I like creatures better than people for the most part. 

Global warming is a hoax.  It exists so parasitic liberals can influence and have power over the manufacturing producers of our country.

What better way to control big business than to govern the pollutants they can put out?

All those stories about the creeping extinction of American Flora and Fauna are bullshit.  Just like global warming is bullshit.

Scientists advocating Global Warming have an ironclad political agenda.  They are full of bullshit too.

My grass is green.  Who gives a fuck if the temperature goes up a degree?

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:06:07 AM »

Global warming is a hoax.  It exists so parasitic liberals can influence and have power over the manufacturing producers of our country.

What better way to control big business than to govern the pollutants they can put out?

All those stories about the creeping extinction of American Flora and Fauna are bullshit.  Just like global warming is bullshit.

Scientists advocating Global Warming have an ironclad political agenda.  They are full of bullshit too.

I almost fell out of my chair when I read your post........there maybe hope for you yet ;D

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 09:17:11 AM »

I'd say you're right on the money, with one notable exception:  Global warming may be a reality but man-made global warming is a fallacy.

If these environmentalist nutjobs had been around during the last major ice age I'm sure they would have been blaming that on humans burping or farting or hunting too many woolly mammoths or something, too.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »
I almost fell out of my chair when I read your post........there maybe hope for you yet ;D
And in other related stories, I've down so goddam long that it looks like up to me.

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »
I'd say you're right on the money, with one notable exception:  Global warming may be a reality but man-made global warming is a fallacy.

If these environmentalist nutjobs had been around during the last major ice age I'm sure they would have been blaming that on humans burping or farting or hunting too many woolly mammoths or something, too.

They've already blamed part of it on farting cows.