Author Topic: "The whole onstage posing thing was all a bit gay to me" - Dorian Yates  (Read 5178 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: "The whole onstage posing thing was all a bit gay to me" - Dorian Yates
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 01:27:02 PM »
Why even have the Posing round it's Not like it's Fukin going to change any Fukin outcome.It's just for the Schmoes and schmoe judges. :-\

There was actually a top I.F.B.B judge in the late eighties/early nineties that judged both the North American and Mr.Olympia, who would get drunk before judging and would yell at the competitors things like "Work it, baby!" and "Shake it for daddy!", until he was "relocated" by Ben Weider himself for getting too aroused while judging.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 01:35:17 PM »
"The whole onstage posing thing was all a bit gay to me" - Dorian Yates

Hard to imagine anyone getting that impression.  ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »
  There was actually a top I.F.B.B judge in the late eighties/early nineties that judged both the North American and Mr.Olympia, who would get drunk before judging and would yell at the competitors things like "Work it, baby!" and "Shake it for daddy!", until he was "relocated" by Ben Weider himself for getting too aroused while judging.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Didnt know you were an IFBB judge, thanks for sharing!
Z

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
what would happen if ronnie when he was a cop met mr yates  when he was a skinhead in an alley?

how about on the football field when ronnie was a lb and yates was the waterboy?

b###h was lucky to be mr O...just muscle lumped together. boxy as the f##k.  if AMI was around...he would have never been.  talking s##t after they put money in his pocket and made him.  go back to chasing minorities in liverpool and east london.

You fucking racist pos.

His fucking best mate was/is black so piss off.

you have no understanding of British culture or of what being a skin head meant at the time.
Ta ta nerds!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 02:43:09 PM »
Didnt know you were an IFBB judge, thanks for sharing!

Aw, still upset by the brutal self-ownage you gave yourself when you pointed out that you found someone with the same username as me on a different board, which immediately revealed to everyone that you visit gay boards? ;D It's ok, buddy: I accept you. But you need to learn to accept yourself.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 05:10:29 PM »
"The whole onstage posing thing was all a bit gay to me" - Dorian Yates

Hard to imagine anyone getting that impression.  ::)

:-X

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 06:56:17 PM »
"Yeah, the presentation factor was not something I was too comfortable with because I was a guy who mostly liked to go into the gym and train with weights, and build muscle. The whole onstage posing thing - just the very word posing - was all a bit gay to me, all a bit foreign. But I had to get comfortable with that and find my niche there. The way I presented myself was with very powerful, dominating classical music with a little rock muscle mixed in. This suited my persona and me. So that's one aspect of it." - Dorian Yates

Coming from an ex-racist, former drug abuser, law breaker, gay basher, adulterer and someone who posed for many gay photographers with nary a complaint, his statement doesn’t hold much weight.

Sounds like Dorian Yates has returned to his working-class trash street ways. You know what they say, you can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can’t take the ghetto out of the girl.

It's time Dorian come out of the London fog and realize there are many powerful gay men (no need to make a list, to long)….and many classical composers Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, George Frideric Handel, Franz Schubert, Aaron Copland, Leonard Bernstein, etc.

"Dorian Yates? Posing gay? Oh brother" - Peter Tchaikovsky

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 07:11:09 PM »
Coming from an ex-racist, former drug abuser, law breaker, gay basher, adulterer and someone who posed for many gay photographers with nary a complaint, his statement doesn’t hold much weight.

Why are gay men so snobbish and arrogant? As an oppressed minority, one would expect gays to be humble, and yet most gay men show an extraodinary ability to discriminat, as you show in this post of yours where you look down on Yates from coming from a proletarian background.

Sounds like Dorian Yates has returned to his working-class trash street ways. You know what they say, you can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can’t take the ghetto out of the girl.

Why do gay men fel the need to feminize everything? Why do gay men identify so strongly with femininity? They call each other "girlfriend", refer to each others as "queens"(feminine form of the word king), and say that you can take the girl away from the ghetto but not the ghetto away from the girl, instead of saying that you can take the guy away from the ghetto but not the ghetto away from the guy. Why are you gays so damn effeminate? Why can't you like normal men?

It's time Dorian come out of the London fog and realize there are many powerful gay men (no need to make a list, to long)….and many classical composers Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, George Frideric Handel, Franz Schubert, Aaron Copland, Leonard Bernstein, etc.

Dorian is a manly man, and thus he uses the word gay as a synonym for effeminate, like all normal men do. When he says that posing is gay, he is actually saying that posing is feminine, which it is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 07:21:14 PM »

Why are gay men so snobbish and arrogant? As an oppressed minority, one would expect gays to be humble, and yet most gay men show an extraodinary ability to discriminat, as you show in this post of yours where you look down on Yates from coming from a proletarian background.

Why do gay men fel the need to feminize everything? Why do gay men identify so strongly with femininity? They call each other "girlfriend", refer to each others as "queens"(feminine form of the word king), and say that you can take the girl away from the ghetto but not the ghetto away from the girl, instead of saying that you can take the guy away from the ghetto but not the ghetto away from the guy. Why are you gays so damn effeminate? Why can't you like normal men?

Dorian is a manly man, and thus he uses the word gay as a synonym for effeminate, like all normal men do. When he says that posing is gay, he is actually saying that posing is feminine, which it is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I know you must get frustrated explaining shit to people with less than average intelligence all the time?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »
I know you must get frustrated explaining shit to people with less than average intelligence all the time?

just find it odd that a gay man, who is member of a group that constantly plays the victim card, would be so openly and blatantly prejudiced against people from the "ghetto". They don't like to be discriminated, and yet they are quite snobbish and discriminate others they don't like openly.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »

"Dorian Yates? Posing gay? Oh brother" - Peter Tchaikovsky
Twisted logic. Into the poppers tonight, bull?

Harry Spotter

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »
Homosexuality, quite simply, and with regards to evolution, is a by-product of nature doing the best for the ongoing survival of the species; by halting deleterious gene flow. To that extent, homosexual sex is simply mimicry of the norm and serves no useful purpose other than the perception of pleasure through a high-tide mark or battered anal sphincter.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 08:46:50 PM »

:-X

That was bloody hilarious! lol  Huckster and the boys probably have that one queued up when they want some private time.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 09:26:35 PM »

just ignore that gimp

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 10:16:40 PM »
Homosexuality, quite simply, and with regards to evolution, is a by-product of nature doing the best for the ongoing survival of the species; by halting deleterious gene flow. To that extent, homosexual sex is simply mimicry of the norm and serves no useful purpose other than the perception of pleasure through a high-tide mark or battered anal sphincter.

where did you google this from?...I thought Dr. Laura was dead, like her ratings.

250goal

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 10:23:07 PM »
This is one of the big problems with todays bodybuilders, especially the colored ones.  Playing the slow love music just doesn't cut it when you are a bodybuilder.

WHY would you play a damn SLOW love song to pose to!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quo

• Getbig II
  • "Yes I work out...thanks for asking"
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2008, 10:28:55 PM »
This is one of the big problems with todays bodybuilders, especially the colored ones.  Playing the slow love music just doesn't cut it when you are a bodybuilder.

WHY would you play a damn SLOW love song to pose to!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this...1966? ???

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2008, 11:10:42 PM »
Twisted logic. Into the poppers tonight, bull?

more like Dorian's logic is twisted. He believes posing is gay but his posing is not gay because he used powerful postures, classical music and rock music ???. Since when are those the sole domain of straights?. 

I know Dorian has taken a lot of things but a course in logic is not one of them.

and anyway I am on record promoting Dorian in the Ronnie Dorian thread because I think he has the best flow, shape and aestheticaly pleasing outline, classic and modern...and I like Brits and his tough guy demeanor  ;D.

But I am not going listen to him ruminate on what is gay and what isnt gay since he and his good ole boys in Liverpool bashed effeminant kids. He is just not a trustworthy authority on the subject.

Alex23

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2008, 11:21:46 PM »
You fucking racist pos.

His fucking best mate was/is black so piss off.

you have no understanding of British culture or of what being a skin head meant at the time.

You tell him Maaa. >:(

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 11:34:55 PM »
  just find it odd that a gay man, who is member of a group that constantly plays the victim card, would be so openly and blatantly prejudiced against people from the "ghetto". They don't like to be discriminated, and yet they are quite snobbish and discriminate others they don't like openly.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

i dont really see us as playing the victim card as much as just protesting for certain rights...the last thing I remember like that was the Grays Anatomy reaction, which i did not agree with, but those things are not that common.

Ok the ghetto comment was a cheap shot. I like ghettos and the creativity they produce, gay , black, hispanic, irish whatever  :D

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »

Dorian is a manly man, and thus he uses the word gay as a synonym for effeminate, like all normal men do. When he says that posing is gay, he is actually saying that posing is feminine, which it is.  you can be Dorains 'bigbobs'  and Ill conslult with you on all gay matters.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

it was joke dude get over it...and a cheap shot I admit.   Yea he is a manly man, but thats no excuse, he is a public figure and should know how to express himself more accurately,,,maybe he needs a public realtions person.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 04:53:47 AM »
Dorian is the best bodybuilder of all time.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 08:24:54 AM »
I give Dorian credit for speaking his mind in a world that has become excessively concerned with political correctness.  His interviews have been a breath of fresh air in an industry that has become stale.  It has become customary in society to stifle or chastise anyone not falling in line with modern so called ideologies or agendas.  There is a perception that one "must" appeal to all demographics and not express any independent thought, for fear of someone taking even the slightest offense. If allowed, a person's true values and beliefs inevitably take a back seat to what is simply deemed as more modern or fashionable by a particular segment of the population pushing an agenda at the time.  With a man like Dorian, I suspect that one knows where he stands at all times. I can respect that.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2008, 08:44:36 AM »
it was joke dude get over it...and a cheap shot I admit.   Yea he is a manly man, but thats no excuse, he is a public figure and should know how to express himself more accurately,,,maybe he needs a public realtions person.

It's gay. Dorian has spoken.