Author Topic: Yates is kicking ass and taking names  (Read 5390 times)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: Yates is kicking ass and taking names
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 07:04:05 PM »
If he'd have been honest, then at the very least he would have admitted to losing to Sean in '94 and to Nasser in '97.

The fact that Dorian's opinion differs from that of your own, is hardly grounds to question the validity of his own beliefs.  Especially, in light of the detailed basis provided for his views.  Being that you merely provided a contrary opinion devoid of any substance, one could easily assert that your opinion is either baseless, or based in fiction.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 07:06:04 PM »
he still owns the sport 11 years after his retirement

Yup.  I like his no bullshit attitude, straight up kind of guy who's not afraid to say what's on his mind.  That's one of the things a lot of these guys today don't get.  There's just no passion in any of them like there is in Dorian.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »
Yup.  I like his no bullshit attitude, straight up kind of guy who's not afraid to say what's on his mind.  That's one of the things a lot of these guys today don't get.  There's just no passion in any of them like there is in Dorian.

Right in a sport filled with so much bullshit he is a breathe of fresh air .

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 07:10:13 PM »
Dorian was always a class act and IMO, the greatest Mr Olympia ever 8)

Doing Milos' wife after she picked him up at the airport was REAL CLASSY.

ND-classy. :-[

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »
If he'd have been honest, then at the very least he would have admitted to losing to Sean in '94 and to Nasser in '97.

I do admire his straight forwards manner though. He's more honest than 99.9% of bodybuilders, and I also like his criticism of today's pros lacking the conditioning of the 90's.

He never lost to Nasser overall and most certainly not to Shawn. A lot of the guys here in Getbig base their decision on a couple of pics and everyone takes bad pics. If you see the video for either contest, you'll see that Dorian was in a whole league by himself as soon as he turned to the side and the back, as well as in the front lat spread and abs & thighs.

His torso was so thick and muscular that it made his arms seem relatively small and weak, even though he had one of the best triceps as well as the best forearms - no one who competed with Doz had his forearms, although Paul Dillett was also up there. Dorian's torn arm did deter a lot from his physique esp. from the front, but he had plenty of strengths to more than make up for it, not to mention he set the standards in a couple of his signature poses.

Add to that the facts that he was a master of posing (same as Arnold - hide you weaknesses and show your strengths), had a terrific work ethic and remained a great ambassador of bodybuilding during his reign where he never got vicious or insulted other pros like some of them did to him. And he didn't try and take it easy cause he had a name or great genetics - he always worked his butt off and fully deserved each of his wins.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »
The fact that Dorian's opinion differs from that of your own, is hardly grounds to question the validity of his own beliefs.  Especially, in light of the detailed basis provided for his views.  Being that you merely provided a contrary opinion devoid of any substance, one could easily assert that your opnion is either baseless, or based in fiction.

My opinion is credible and shared by many others.

He never lost to Nasser overall and most certainly not to Shawn. A lot of the guys here in Getbig base their decision on a couple of pics and everyone takes bad pics. If you see the video for either contest, you'll see that Dorian was in a whole league by himself as soon as he turned to the side and the back, as well as in the front lat spread.

Not saying he lost to Nasser by a huge margin, but that year Nasser was just the better bodybuilder of the two. And my opinion isn't just based on a few muscletime pictures posted here and there. It's formed from pictures, opinions of many who've seen the tapes of the '97 O and the lack of credibility on the part of IFBB judges through the years.

The 1997 Mr. Olympia can be contested forever, because honestly it was just that close. Hell, even ND has said a few times that Nasser could have won in 1997. You know there's base to it even if ND hinted picking against his hero.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 07:19:06 PM »

Doing Milos' wife after she picked him up at the airport was REAL CLASSY.

ND-classy. :-[

Another one of my puppies following me into a thread lol

I don't known if he slept with anyone's wife and I don't care , it has nothing to do with his honesty when it comes to the sport and with this interview alone it accomplished two things proved I was right all along and made everything you ever typed null & void

pumpster I own you

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 07:21:48 PM »

I don't known if he slept with anyone's wife and I don't care

Doesn't matter what the kid says, it's all there in past threads  ;D yates is a POS no wonder ND relates lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 07:22:07 PM »

Not saying he lost to Nasser by a huge margin, but that year Nasser was just the better bodybuilder of the two. And my opinion isn't just based on a few muscletime pictures posted here and there. It's formed from pictures, opinions of many who've seen the tapes of the '97 O and the lack of credibility on the part of IFBB judges through the years.

The 1997 Mr. Olympia can be contested forever, because honestly it was just that close. Hell, even ND has said a few times that Nasser could have won in 1997. You know there's base to it even if ND hinted picking against his hero.

because an opinion is popular doesn't mean it's correct

and I said personally I don't think Yates should have won in 1997 but I understand why he won and it's like I always said too , Nasser may have beaten Dorian from the front , from the sides and the back he was left for dead , should Yates have won with a perfect score? NO dod Nasser clearly beat him in 97? NO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »

Doesn't matter what the kid says, it's all there in past threads lol yates is a POS no wonder ND relates lol
  I know you can't respond intelligently and you have to resort to personal attacks but you know you're wrong , we both do , what are you going to say? and you're quoting a source that has an axe to grind with Dorian , in court that would be called hear-say

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »

Everyone has opinions, and in bodybuilding they are sure to vary.  What must be taken into account, is the opinion of the judges based upon the actual judging criteria.  Ultimately, that determines who is awarded the title.  We can each apply our own perceived criteria, but that does not invalidate the criteria that is actually employed in deciding competitions. 

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 07:40:20 PM »
 Q ] I'm not sure if you are aware but there has been an ongoing, long running debate on the Internet as to who was the better bodybuilder at the 1997 Mr. Olympia: you or second placed competitor, Nasser El Sonbaty? Could you set the record straight on this topic from your perspective as a six-time Mr. Olympia champion? In your view, who was the better bodybuilder on the night and why?

I wasn't aware of this debate, as I don't spend a lot of time looking into these kinds of things. These sites are usually for guys who live at home with their mum and don't have anything better to do. But (concerning a comparison with Nasser) I was not the best from all angles and not from the front - the front double biceps and relaxed pose.

He probably beat me in those poses, but the rest? No. But that might be the only thing that people look at when they view the comparisons: the front double biceps or just standing there relaxed.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
Q ] I'm not sure if you are aware but there has been an ongoing, long running debate on the Internet as to who was the better bodybuilder at the 1997 Mr. Olympia: you or second placed competitor, Nasser El Sonbaty? Could you set the record straight on this topic from your perspective as a six-time Mr. Olympia champion? In your view, who was the better bodybuilder on the night and why?

I wasn't aware of this debate, as I don't spend a lot of time looking into these kinds of things. These sites are usually for guys who live at home with their mum and don't have anything better to do. But (concerning a comparison with Nasser) I was not the best from all angles and not from the front - the front double biceps and relaxed pose.

He probably beat me in those poses, but the rest? No. But that might be the only thing that people look at when they view the comparisons: the front double biceps or just standing there relaxed.

I laughed out loud when I read that Dorian owning us ALL , at least I don't live at home with mum lol

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »
This is a great interview, Dorian lets go more and more as he gets older (although he did rip the shit out of Arnold in 1997 but this seems even more so)

Q ] And both injuries were on the left side. Is there any significance to both being on the same side?

Yes, both on the left side. Once you get one injury, and since your body works as a whole unit, it tends to knock on and affect everywhere else. Other places have to compensate and so on. I also have problems with my left shoulder now, all these years later.

So it's all on the left side and I'm sure it is all connected. You may have noticed it with Ronnie, even though he was denying it, he had a triceps tear and a lat tear on the one side; that's why he didn't look good in 2006 and 2007.

[ Q ] You wouldn't put Ronnie's injuries down to some kind of nerve impingement?

No, he had a muscle tear in both the triceps (one side) and in the lat muscles (same side) and that is very visible to me because I'm a f@cking expert on muscle tears. And what you would have noticed is the whole muscular balance and symmetry of his physique was kind of droopy.

Once you get a couple of injuries like that it just affects the way your body works when you are training. It doesn't work the same anymore. It's trying to overcompensate all of the time and you run the risk of sustaining injuries elsewhere, further along the chain.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 12:23:17 AM »
nice interview but it doesn't say anything new.. Dorian mentioned the same opinions regarding Nasser and Shawn more than 10 years ago in Flex magazine.. When comparing himself with Nasser why didn't he mention the side chest and front lat spread poses :D.. He would normally beat Nasser in the front lat spread but not in 1997 coz by this year Nasser learned hw to hit it right :D..

Why does the creator of the thread keep copying and pasting from the interview, we already read it..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 01:50:09 PM »
Q ]

I wasn't aware of this debate, as I don't spend a lot of time looking into these kinds of things. These sites are usually for guys who live at home with their mum and don't have anything better to do

what a class act, insulting his fans

E
E

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2008, 02:21:55 PM »
Another quality Yates thread from ND  8)

Yates = Greatest Of All Time

(and I have had the pleasure of training in his gym four times a week for the past 12 years!)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
Another quality Yates thread from ND  8)

Yates = Greatest Of All Time

(and I have had the pleasure of training in his gym four times a week for the past 12 years!)

You should tell him to post up here, would be fun seeing some ownings from him.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2008, 04:32:02 PM »
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian_yates_interview_1993_gym_shots.htm

Must read lol Shawn Ray , Nasser , all of them put in their places lol
awfully interesting and convenient that he doesn't comment on Ronnie, no?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 04:36:09 PM »
awfully interesting and convenient that he doesn't comment on Ronnie, no?

he does , he speaks highly of him too