Author Topic: Dorian: I'm a fucking expert on Muscle Tears!!!!  (Read 3286 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: Dorian: I'm a fucking expert on Muscle Tears!!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
Not all muscle tears are the same, far from it.  A muscle can tear lots of different ways with variable degrees of tendon vs muscle vs musculotendonous junction.  Also, if you look at the tricep...it can tear many different ways, being that there are 3 heads that join together forming the common tendon.  Your somewhat right with a distal bicep tear.  There is only 1 distal tendon and if its completely torn, the repair is very standard.
Sometimes there can be nerve injury as well, so even after a repair, the muscle still doesn't respond as well as it used to.

Though Dorian isn't a doctor, he does know a lot about muscles, muscle tears and extreme training.
Ronnie's injury certainly could be nerve related coming from the spine...or it could be muscle or tendonous tears, hard to say without studies being done.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 01:19:38 PM »
Dorian is just very straightforward and logical. Kinda like Mentzer without all the philosophy and idealism.  Question for poster above. How would a nerve impingement affect just his lat and tricep, but not his delt, bicep, and trap?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »
muscle tears are generally the same way each time. a torn bicep is a torn bi, tri is a torn tri - etc etc..

no car wreck is the same

hope this helps

"Torn" means something went WRONG.....
and to be an expert at that......well,

Hope u get the idea.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
Dorian is just very straightforward and logical.

Yeah ,

"hey judge thanks to my hardcore training i look like shit and i have no biceps.. but i train harder than Ronnie Coleman",

can I have my sandow now"?

Very logical.

Alex23

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 04:46:03 PM »
Dorian is just very straightforward and logical. Kinda like Mentzer without all the philosophy and idealism.  Question for poster above. How would a nerve impingement affect just his lat and tricep, but not his delt, bicep, and trap?

... and not only that, how can nerve impingement affect only his lower lat and outer tri...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »
... and not only that, how can nerve impingement affect only his lower lat and outer tri...

Well it makes pretty good sense, if  he has an impingement in the posterior cord, it could easily effect both the lat and the tricep. The posterior cord is a part of the brachial plexus which contains the thoracodorsal nerve and the radial nerve both of which have roots in the C5 thru C8 vertebrae and supply both the lat and the triceps.

So to answer your question. yes its possible for a nerve impingement to just atrophy the lat and the tri :)

prof

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 05:59:12 PM »
Well it makes pretty good sense, if  he has an impingement in the posterior cord, it could easily effect both the lat and the tricep. The posterior cord is a part of the brachial plexus which contains the thoracodorsal nerve and the radial nerve both of which have roots in the C5 thru C8 vertebrae and supply both the lat and the triceps.

So to answer your question. yes its possible for a nerve impingement to just atrophy the lat and the tri :)

Agreed, but it would be the T2 and T3 nerves that would have been pinched (probably as a result of a herniated disk, which Ronnie admitted to having and having surgery for).  It is possible for this to result in the lat and tri being atrophied; it would also result in the Ronnie loosing the ability to flex these muscles as looked to be the case. 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 06:56:42 PM »
Agreed, but it would be the T2 and T3 nerves that would have been pinched (probably as a result of a herniated disk, which Ronnie admitted to having and having surgery for).  It is possible for this to result in the lat and tri being atrophied; it would also result in the Ronnie loosing the ability to flex these muscles as looked to be the case. 

no it would be in the cervical vertebrae most notably the C5-C8, not in the thoracic.  ;)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »
In part two of Dorians interview, Dorian also states: I'm a fucking expert at getting knocked out"...part two will soon be in the MMA section...