Author Topic: The 7 things I learned from my first week at Getbig...  (Read 2416 times)

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
The 7 things I learned from my first week at Getbig...
« on: December 04, 2008, 02:10:34 AM »
1) Genuinely try to help people. You can reach people and this takes real brain power.

2) Viewing and discussing pictures of sexy females will raise your test.  ;)

3) The Y-board is properly named; it is like
that group of gay, old, fat, naked guys at the local Y that don't want new members "intruding" on their "party."

4) Every new member is a gimmick.   :-\

5) Johnny Falcon knows things the others don't.

6) Get on chaos' shit about everything he says that's morally wrong.  ;)

7) Things can be different. 

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: The 6 things I learned from my first week at Getbig...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:28:16 AM »
You forgot one..."you fuckin gimmick"  ;D

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:39:23 AM »
You forgot one..."you fuckin gimmick"  ;D

Yes...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 02:48:10 AM »
::)
That was the one you forgot...every new poster is a gimmick....  ::) bitch  ;D

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 02:49:29 AM »
That was the one you forgot...every new poster is a gimmick....  ::) bitch  ;D

As you can see, we're on the same page, Will.  ;)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 02:49:48 AM »
hahah this from the douche who's claimed people who have been posting here for years have "stolen" his sayings and have been using them forever

PS-------you're trying to hard ;) :P

marcus

• Getbig IV
Re: The 7 things I learned from my first week at Getbig...
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 03:01:17 AM »
greetings newcomer! it seems as if you've stumbled across our little enclave on the interwebs. now, before you get started, there are a few things you should understand.

1) this isn't bb.com, MD, or whatever. get used to it. i'm sure you're used to a friendly and positive atmosphere on other sites where people can post whatever they like and not worry about getting flamed for it. if you're expecting that here, you're in for an unpleasant surprise. if you can't handle getting your balls busted, move along.

2) settle down, it ain't that serious. you're probably noticing that there's a hell of lot of serious negativity and it's probably hurting your feelings. you might even be wondering how these people can function in society when they're so hateful. well sit down and listen up, it's the internet. we say things just for shits and giggles, stop thinking we mean it deep down. if you're planning on taking every little thing everyone says to heart, you might want to move along.

3) don't try and bullshit us. a lot of people here have finely honed bullshit detectors and at the first sign of an exaggeration or an outright lie, you're gonna get called out on it. maybe you're used to boards where you can say you benched 495 for 10 reps and get congratulated for "a hell of a workout", or say that you made $500,000 in the stock market last quarter and people will just ask you for investment advice, but that won't fly around here. if you think you can pump up your ego by making shit up, plan on getting a whole lot of hell for it.

4) even if you're not bullshitting, plan on proving it. maybe you DID bench 495 for a set of 10 yesterday in your chest workout. well unless you have it on video it's probably in your best interest to just keep that quiet, because you're gonna get bombarded with claims of bullshit. if by some freak chance you're one of those guys that are 250 at 5% body fat with two phD's and an eight-figure income, unless you feel like proving it, you'd probably do best to just shut up or accept a reputation as a bullshitter.

5) if you're cool, we're cool. don't think people just get flamed for no good damn reason. even the more negative posters here are cool as long as you don't act the ass. so if you notice that the board as a whole seems to be turning against you, you might want to re-evaluate your behaviour.

6) if posts on the G&O offend you, stay out of the alphabet boards. really. you're not ready. just steer clear.

7) if you're in the middle of a post and notice you're talking about harming another poster physically, close the browser and go outside. let's say you decided to ignore everything i've said so far and are in a heated battle with one of getbig's more vicious attack dogs. you're furious, you're pounding away on your keyboard, you've got this awesome and scary threat about how if you ever met that dude in real life you'd cut off his arms and beat him with them. STOP. it's not going to scare anyone, and in the event that your chances of surviving the GB jungle weren't shot entirely, they will be if you submit that post. walk away from the computer.

8 ) do not cry to ron for anything other than someone burning your house down. yaroni's a busy guy, and crying to him just because someone hurt your feelings is going to both make you look like a pussball and likely get you even more shit once the offender gets a warning from ron himself. think of it like school. after you tell the teacher about the bully, he goes after you even worse. toughen up or sit at a different lunch table.

9) if you got made a fool of, don't come back with a gimmick. so someone really hurt your feelings and you flipped out, then got ron to delete a thread and now you want to start fresh. so you fire up a new gmail account and register a new name, thinking you'll REALLY show those bullies what's what. well don't. chances are if you're at that point, you're not bright enough to keep everyone from finding out who you are, and you'll look twice as stupid when everyone figures it out. either tough it out and stick around or just go away entirely.

10) if you have anything embarrassing on the internet, for the love of god don't register here with the same handle. there's this nifty thing called "google" now, and let's say you also have an account on "i-love-it-when-my-girlfriend-sticks-a-GI-Joe-up-my-ass.com". if you decide to register over there with "GIJoeMan55" and then do the same over here, guess what? that's right, someone's gonna dig it up and you'll flip out, ask ron to delete the thread, and then come back with a gimmick. bad news.

these are just a few little bits of advice that should aid you in your stay here. and if you decide to ignore these tips and find yourself flamed to oblivion, don't come crying to me, because frankly i don't give a shit.

happy posting!

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 03:01:25 AM »
hahah this from the douche who's claimed people who have been posting here for years have "stolen" his sayings and have been using them forever

PS-------you're trying to hard ;) :P

...says a proud member of the Y-board.  :-X

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 03:42:55 AM »

A whole watermelon in one bite  :o

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 03:49:18 AM »
i learned that if you post a pic of you be at least 300lbs and 5 per cent bdf, or you will become another AXA...
asstropin

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 03:50:42 AM »
i learned that if you post a pic of you be at least 300lbs and 5 per cent bdf, or you will become another AXA...

No, you just can't claim to be god's gift and look like AXA.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 03:53:29 AM »
282 post's from your first week at getbig....someone's unemployed.
DAWG

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 03:53:54 AM »

you're right, i missed this point.
asstropin

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 03:54:51 AM »

but that was ironic...
asstropin

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 04:24:24 AM »
great thread, Bluto.  ::)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 04:29:34 AM »
As you can see, we're on the same page, Will.  ;)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

::)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 04:33:02 AM »
great thread, Bluto.  ::)

Bluto enjoys men with facial hair and rugged features. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 04:38:58 AM »
Bluto enjoys men with facial hair and rugged features. 

fixed.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 05:21:18 AM »
6) Get on chaos' shit about everything he says that's morally wrong.   

I'm in your head, camping out, setting up permanent residency.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 05:38:54 AM »

PS-------you're trying too hard ;) :P

QFT.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 09:13:46 AM »
282 post's from your first week at getbig....someone's unemployed.

I keep my computer readily accessible.