Author Topic: Dan Padilla - 2009 Hall Of Fame  (Read 6249 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Dan Padilla - 2009 Hall Of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »
Don't you think at least one fag he allegedly was with would have come forward by now? He is where he is because of his ability to visualize his goals without any possibility of failure, extreme discipline and drive, and yes, used his ability to make contacts with influential people. I don't believe he had sex with gays. It would be widely known and people would have admitted it by now.  He is no Chris Duffy, Bob Birdsong or Kai Greene.

Guys who could pay him good money probably had/have something to lose by coming forward, or don't feel the need to implicate him or are dead, unlike the women later. I have NO doubt he was in the gay environment extensively including contact, as were most BBs. Beginning with his gay european businessman friend and possibly Weider. These guys along with Gold helped him big-time in mentoring him to the value of real estate investing and other pursuits. I believe that included contact-all the many episodes with women, most of which were far more recent, really haven't hurt him, plus obviously he wasn't disuaded by what might happen to his rep, based on these situations with women.

The price i heard in 70s in NY was $500-huge especially in 1970s dollars. I remember seeing his nude color shots in a gay mag around 1978; probably Blue Boy. He had no hesitation to do it and i don't fault him for it, especially factoring in the mood of those times, which was more relaxed than no, pre-AIDS. He didn't need the money as much as some others IMO, thus he could pick and choose the situations a little more than most, and like most BBs who weren't in to it, keep it light with mostly body worship,etc.

I'm not going to get carried away like some and say that the gay4pay was part of some master plan for success; it was just for extra money, just like the many projects he tried to create in the late 70s after retiring but before the movies kicked in. I'll also not say he was a great businessman, because most of his revenue has come from movies-that's not being a great businessman. Holding and buying real estate takes more acumen, but again he was guided by others and it doesn't take great business chops to buy and hold real estate.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »
I can't understand why midgets start bodybuilding. They look like freaks, and no amount of muscle will make them look like real men. They should stick to Jockeying and getting tossed at bars.
E

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 08:45:50 AM »
Guys who could pay him good money probably had/have something to lose by coming forward, or don't feel the need to implicate him or are dead, unlike the women later. I have NO doubt he was in the gay environment extensively including contact, as were most BBs. Beginning with his gay european businessman friend and possibly Weider. These guys along with Gold helped him big-time in mentoring him to the value of real estate investing and other pursuits. I believe that included contact-all the many episodes with women, most of which were far more recent, really haven't hurt him, plus obviously he wasn't disuaded by what might happen to his rep, based on these situations with women.

The price i heard in 70s in NY was $500-huge especially in 1970s dollars. I remember seeing his nude color shots in a gay mag around 1978; probably Blue Boy. He had no hesitation to do it and i don't fault him for it, especially factoring in the mood of those times, which was more relaxed than no, pre-AIDS. He didn't need the money as much as some others IMO, thus he could pick and choose the situations a little more than most, and like most BBs who weren't in to it, keep it light with mostly body worship,etc.

I'm not going to get carried away like some and say that the gay4pay was part of some master plan for success; it was just for extra money, just like the many projects he tried to create in the late 70s after retiring but before the movies kicked in. I'll also not say he was a great businessman, because most of his revenue has come from movies-that's not being a great businessman. Holding and buying real estate takes more acumen, but again he was guided by others and it doesn't take great business chops to buy and hold real estate.
Interesting..but basically all speculation. If you don't think someone with knowledge of him doing that wouldn't have come forward, written a book, done at least one TV interview. It would have been worth a lot of money.  Again, without any real evidence, I see no reason to believe Arnold had gay sex. Rumors and innuendo are way different than facts. For several years, Arnold has been one of the most famous people on the planet. Someone credible would have unearthed some evidence of this stuff. As far as groping some girls..no one cares. Normal male agressive behavior. Having sex with fags? That would be incredibly tarnishing to him and would definitely have cost him him chance to be governor. If his opponents could have found that, they wouldn't have hesiated to use it against him. And by the way this schoolboy thing with Padilla is really ridiculous. Why people feel the need to come up with this nonsense is beyond me. We all know that story was the product of Jimmy Thompson's fertile imagination.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 08:57:35 AM »
Interesting..but basically all speculation.

Actually it's mostly speculation so you're not stating anything new. The only sure thing is that he's got a demonstrated history as a charmer, which as is the case with many charmers, equates to equal parts charisma and jackass.

HOWEVER, anecdotally the evidence leans HEAVILY towards the realities discussed here, up to and including at least 15 women being harrassed including a BBC reporter not that many years ago.

If you're insane and arrogant enough to harrass BBC reporters, all the rest of what's been discussed here, especially when a relative unknown in the late 60s and early 70s, is nothing in comparison. It defeats the notion that he was calculated enough to avoid risks and adverse publicity.

The theory that there's no truth simply because no one came forward , when in fact there may be many reasons for it...now THERE's a reach.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 09:07:54 AM »
He is EXACTLY like a shorter version of Arnold. great physique

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 09:11:02 AM »
He is EXACTLY like a shorter version of Arnold. great physique

Actually Danny had less flaws than Arnold. One of THE least flawed BBs in history, coupled with excellent size and aesthetics-Padilla's a textbook example of BB show politics, given the fact the he never won the Olympia while undeserving BBs like Columbu did. That's why he and others retired. He talks about this quite openly on his site and elsewhere.

serge1000

• Getbig I
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 05:17:44 AM »

AWSOME !!!