Author Topic: Chris Cormier: Why did he have such an appalling work ethic?  (Read 7173 times)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Chris Cormier: Why did he have such an appalling work ethic?
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 08:04:09 AM »
his "BGG" balance out his appalling work ethic

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »
if 405 for reps on barbell inclines is "apalling work ethic" i can't even imagine what good work ethic is. ::)

Member XX

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 08:07:08 AM »
IMO Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, and Branch Warren work harder than Dorian.  For me it's easier to do a few heavy sets with forced reps than it is to do 25 to 30 sets per body part with high intensity (granted the intensity of their sets was not as high a Dorian's).  But to me volume training is harder.

Milos Sarcev works harder than Dorian IMO
those giant sets are killers  :o

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »
Milos Sarcev works harder than Dorian IMO
those giant sets are killers  :o
yes those 15 pound lateral raise/110 pound barbell press supersets are brutal. :D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 08:10:48 AM »
The hype on Cormier's supposed "potential" has always been tremendous. I don't think he was ever as good as some of the others, with or without the work.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 08:14:24 AM »
I'm not joking you dude, one heavy set is really nothing, yes heavy, not much pain. Try doing 40 sets.
One giant set non stop will surely require a great deal of cardiovascular ability.
Honestly i did that Milos shit for a month and a half and while it's challenging, getting under a heavy bar and squatting did more for me than a 120lb leg extension/135 lb squat combo.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 08:18:50 AM »
if 405 for reps on barbell inclines is "apalling work ethic" i can't even imagine what good work ethic is. ::)
He only has the most PRO wins outside of Levrone, Robinson and Coleman ...plus he peaked the same time Ronnie (aka the greatest BB of all time) peaked. Yeah very appalling  ::) I wish he could achieve more
L

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 08:19:04 AM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 08:25:19 AM »
If Chris possessed the work ethic of Dorian then who knows how many titles he could have won!

Yes, that is the question bodybuilding historians will continue to ask.

In my opinion, Chris was never going to amount to anything.  His love affair with substances, hoes and laziness was his bug bear.

You can have all the potential/genetics in the world but if you are a lazy piece of shit, then nothing is going to fall into your hands!

Do you have nothing better to do than make silly criticisms about certain bodybuilders?

Chris Cormier was so “lazy” that all he did was win the USA in 1993, debut in the top 6 at the Olympia in 1994, win the IronMan 4 times, walk away with the Night of Champions title, take several Grand Prix shows, place a close (and often controversial second place) at the Arnold Classic six times, and crack the top 6 at the Olympia numerous times, including his best placing of third in 1999.

Add to that, his return to competitive bodybuilding after a devastating ailment that nearly left him permanently PARALYZED.

Yep, that’s one lazy fellow, that Cormier.
 ::)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »
whish I could be lazy and look like this

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »
biggest crainum in the game.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »
 the debate over who worked harder is silly.. low volume, high volume ect does not matter.. pain and how tough the workout is does not translate into better gains.. if dorian did a 1/3 of the volume of sets and he made better gains, why do more?.. does anyone really believe that dorian would have been bigger if he did 12 sets a bodypart?.. no.. so it sounds like dorian was and is smarter than the guys who (like milos) think that the "badge of courage" is getting through their workouts and are half the size of dorian.. sounds stupid to torture ones self and make less the gains..

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 10:11:43 AM »
I'm not joking you dude, one heavy set is really nothing, yes heavy, not much pain. Try doing 40 sets.
One giant set non stop will surely require a great deal of cardiovascular ability.

not much pain,,, wheres the pain in pumping out endless sets?, a little more weight, better form and nailing it as tho your life is on the line, should leave u a quivering wreck..that is if youve got the stomache to realy push your self and get the most out of it.....

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »
IMO, the first thing Barack Obama should do once he gets into office is appoint a commission to investigate the cause of Chris Cormier's appalling work ethic.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »
most underrated bodybuilder ever

E
E

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 11:03:12 AM »
IMO, the first thing Barack Obama should do once he gets into office is appoint a commission to investigate the cause of Chris Cormier's appalling work ethic.

I fully support this. We must find the underlying reasons for Chris' lazyness.

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 01:23:01 PM »
If Chris possessed the work ethic of Dorian then who knows how many titles he could have won!

Yes, that is the question bodybuilding historians will continue to ask.

In my opinion, Chris was never going to amount to anything.  His love affair with substances, hoes and laziness was his bug bear.

You can have all the potential/genetics in the world but if you are a lazy piece of shit, then nothing is going to fall into your hands!

"Bodybuilding historians?" What are these?
Don't let em fool ya

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »
Everyone knows that Chris just loved to party.  You name the substance  and Chris would be on the other end of it!

My point is, if Chris wasn't so lazy and learnt to respect the powders and pills he 'may' have been a real threat to big Ronnie.

Cormier can be put in the same bag as Flex and Dillet. Yes, lazy, good for nothing douches who through away opportunity and expectation.

Chris came into the sport like an Animal he was hungry and had the eye of the tiger ( I know but it's true ) of the sports best , huge , balanced , aesthetic , strong as fuck but he became succsessful and got complacent and distracted , all the potential in the world if he could have gotten his act together could have beat Ronnie but alas they what ifs , awesome bodybuilder either way

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:59 PM »
Hey Hank STFU, and btw it's "threw". ::)

Damn Wiggs, he is just stating a fact about Chris... Chill Brotha..

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008, 04:13:09 PM »
Honestly i did that Milos shit for a month and a half and while it's challenging, getting under a heavy bar and squatting did more for me than a 120lb leg extension/135 lb squat combo.

I'm not saying that Dorian's way wasn't better for building muscle because the heavy duty style of training always worked well for me.  What I saying is that volume training with high intensity is much harder.  You can do Dorian's chest workout in 20 minutes, Jay's will take you an hour and a half.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 04:25:16 PM »
his "BGG" balance out his appalling work ethic
BGG = Big Girl Game?
U

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 04:33:43 PM »
Where do you find those twisted BDSM pictures, "Mars"?!  LOL.

Underwater bondage ... that's some scary stuff!

As far as Chris goes, I would say he was pretty lazy.  He had access to everything the rest of the pros did, and he didn't improve much from his pro debut to his very last show. 

On the other hand, Chris was definitely not as lazy as Flex and Paul Dillet.  Like Sarcasm said, at least Chris would do some heavy weight on incline press from time to time.  And in all fairness, Chris DID deserve a silver Olympia trophy in 1999.  That was the year sore-loser Flex was bigger than normal but was full of oil and escilene (spelling?).  Ronnie killed them both with his size and cuts, but Chris really should have placed 2nd.  In some respects, he was actually more "complete" than Ronnie that year. 

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »
Those squats and presses don't exactly look like 'lazy'   585 lb squats, if you ever done that much, you know hard it is, even for 1 set. 180 lb presses? I don't know, because I've never done them, which tells me its friggin heavy. Chris is  a cool guy, maybe TOO cool, and that he likes to party.  Plenty of guys have done that, they  just knew when to reel it in, and focus.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 06:42:59 PM »
Chris destroyed his lower back doing 'heavy assed squats'.  Yes, he became distracted by a beautiful white girl whilst he was deep into his squats routine.  He moved awkwardly, and yes, the damage was done.

Chris loves to tell this story.  He sees himself as both an iron warrior and a ladies man; this story tends to sit well with him.

In my opinion, this event really symbolises what Chris is all about.  A misogynistic steroided oaf who focuses more on the white ho's in the gym rather than correct form required on the squat rack.

Another example on the  the lazy mind, lazy attitude and the lazy approach Chris has towards the sport!

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 06:58:26 PM »
thats because flex magazine fools noob readers easily with fake plates, as it just did

Those squats and presses don't exactly look like 'lazy'   585 lb squats, if you ever done that much, you know hard it is, even for 1 set.