Author Topic: Americans angry over US-Mexico border fence  (Read 9379 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Americans angry over US-Mexico border fence
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
No.  I'm suggesting that the 700 mile fence for a 2000 mile border is a stupid idea.

Did you ever stop to think that part of the border is not passable due to natural elements like mountains??????????

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »
Did you ever stop to think that part of the border is not passable due to natural elements like mountains??????????
Or deserts, or rivers.  These people risk their lives to get here.

Which mountains present an impassable obstacle?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »
It's a problem that needs addressing.  Building fences won't cut it.  It's not that big of a problem though.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20081119-9999-1m19fence.html

Read it and weep.  I was wrong.  the Fence cut the illegal alien invaders down by 50% not 90%.

You liberals love having illegal aliens undercutting American citizens looking for work at a decent wage.  

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 11:36:05 AM »
So, we agree that a country must have a protected border but we disagree on the degree of the problem.  Many experts who have looked into this thoroughly believe it is a problem and with what I have heard, I agree.

We need to stop rewarding illegals with benefits, care, anchor babies and failing to deport them for crimes and start making it easier for good law abiding immigrants to become citizens and contribute.  The path to citizenship is too long and filled with bureaucracy.  We should let more immigrants per year to petition for citizenship and lessen the time it takes to become a citizen.

People that become citizens have much more pride in the country than illegals who sneak in.  I would bet that if we continue to let illegals sneak in without punishment, little by little, they change the country from the inside and still see themselves as Mexican...instead of immigrants who go through citizenship, learn about the country, love the country and consider themselves Mexican-American.  Thats a bigger difference than many may think.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 12:41:37 PM »
you build a 12 foot fence, and they'll bring a 14 foot ladder.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 12:43:44 PM »

Another genius who have never been next to a real border.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »
Another genius who have never been next to a real border.  ::)

oh, so you're a structural engineer who also lives on the border where illegals come thru all day. Sweet!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »
oh, so you're a structural engineer who also lives on the border where illegals come thru all day. Sweet!

Nope but after seeing borders in my life I can safely assume that blocking some immigrants will be a piece of cake compared to armed guerrilla  forces...ohh well...but that's just me using logic again..shame on me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »

Read the article.  the fence cut border crossings by 50% 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »
What do you guys think about illegal immigrants vs immigrants who go through citizenship.  Do you agree that the a larger # of illegals won't have the same pride in being American?  I think this is a significant point.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »
Pure rubbish.  In the San Diego sector they said illegal crossings are down 90% since the fence went up.

Additionally, if you simply ended all welfare to illegals and notified ICE every time one of these invaders entered an emergency room, they would self deport.  

YES!!!!! 333386 is my new favorite getbigger.

Add in every time they get a traffic ticket too.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 01:33:28 PM »
What do you guys think about illegal immigrants vs immigrants who go through citizenship.  Do you agree that the a larger # of illegals won't have the same pride in being American?  I think this is a significant point.

Illegals are not here to be citizens or to assimilate or to speak English. 

They are here for a Yob and to send money back home.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 01:34:44 PM »
YES!!!!! 333386 is my new favorite getbigger.

Add in every time they get a traffic ticket too.

Common sense never enters into the equation when talking with people who want more illegal aliens here.

This is a simple problem to fix.  It is just that we dont have the national will to do it.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »
The only groups of people who are indifferent to, or want more illegals in the US:

1. The Illegals
2. Ultra-leftists, ACLU-types. College-style intellictuals
3. Employers who use them

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 01:54:52 PM »
No.  I'm suggesting that the 700 mile fence for a 2000 mile border is a stupid idea.
LOL have you been down to texas and the border to see what we have now? what about to see the terrain and adequacy of it to support life? i thought not...you talk of things you know little about...you know how the border patrol finds out if ppl have crossed the border they have about a 10 foot wide strip that looks like a dirt road, they pull tires behind their trucks to smooth it out if the find foot prints they know someone came over...YA thats real good prevention...most of the terrain would kill you if you spent a week in it maybe traveling oh say that 700 more miles would make you think twice...It also gives you a more strategic advantage of knowing where they are likely to cross.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 02:06:52 PM »
LOL have you been down to texas and the border to see what we have now? what about to see the terrain and adequacy of it to support life? i thought not...you talk of things you know little about...you know how the border patrol finds out if ppl have crossed the border they have about a 10 foot wide strip that looks like a dirt road, they pull tires behind their trucks to smooth it out if the find foot prints they know someone came over...YA thats real good prevention...most of the terrain would kill you if you spent a week in it maybe traveling oh say that 700 more miles would make you think twice...It also gives you a more strategic advantage of knowing where they are likely to cross.

Exactly, crossing deserts/ mountains or whatever isn't that easy. Also strategically placing the fence allow the better coverage by using less resources. For example, fencing low visibly  areas thus allowing one watch tower to watch over a large plain with no fence.

These people forget that most borders in the world are fenced and guarded to protect smuggling , illegals are easy change compared to that.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »

I think you're right, and in a way I think it's a slap in the face to people who will generally have more to offer our country who are coming in the legal way.
S

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2008, 02:53:08 PM »
I think you're right, and in a way I think it's a slap in the fact to people who will generally have more to offer our country who are coming in the legal way.

The government should allow much more smart immigration , MANY educated people want to work in the US due to the high salaries and low living costs but they can't since they work at real jobs and have to come in legally.

Instead you got hippies supporting the illegals who deteriorate the population  :-\

I think that making the criteria for a green card much easier for experienced & educated people would only help the economy and society, its a shame that instead these people stay in their country or go to Europe.

Just think how much good an extra 10,000 Phd's + a billion or two more to support their and others research (small change compared to the money spent on other BS) would make!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »
Realistically, I think we seal our borders tight as we can with all the technology and man power we can afford then give every person here temporary citizen ship for 2 years and then if they can't speak passible English then they get deported.  If they can, then they get full citizenship.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 05:54:44 AM »
So these mexicans think the US should keep the border open for the invading criminals just so they can graze 3 cows on desert land?[...]

I guess you missed the part that says "Americans".

It don't matter: they're little brown people anyway.

::) ::) ::)

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »

They won't build a fence, here's why:

Serious question:  Are you retarded?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 06:19:42 PM »
Nope but after seeing borders in my life I can safely assume that blocking some immigrants will be a piece of cake compared to armed guerrilla  forces...ohh well...but that's just me using logic again..shame on me.
Wow.

That's all I can say is, "wow."

You saw a real honest-to-god border?

I'll call Fox, CBS and NBC!

We don't have borders up here in wisconsin.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »
Read the article.  the fence cut border crossings by 50% 
Re-read the article you posted.

The fence allegedly cut illegal immigration in a 5 mile area.

Let's see, the fence is 700 miles long and it covers a 2000 mile border.

Yet illegal immigration is reduced by half in a 5 mile zone according the guesstimate in the article. 

What a success! 

And to think that it only cost the US taxpayer 1.2 billion dollars for that kind of success.

Shit, we could have just paid the illegals to stay home.  It'd save us some money.

This is typical.  Is II a problem?  Yeah.  Is it an emergency?  Nope.  It's not really a big deal at all.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »
Another "wow" moment.  Yeah, that 1300 mile gap is a real advantage.  Good point.